Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
2. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
3. What does Mrs. Shin accuse Shen Te of?
4. What does Wong ask the God to do in his dream?
5. What does Mrs. Shin think is wrong with Shin Te?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if he set it in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the arguments for and against implementing religious ideal? What are Brecht's opinions on religion and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Brecht?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)