Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
2. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
3. What does Mrs. Shin accuse Shen Te of?
4. What does Wong ask the God to do in his dream?
5. What does Mrs. Shin think is wrong with Shin Te?
Why is Wong's role as an outsider important to the play? How would the story change if the Gods asked help from a character more established in the community? Why do the Gods never see Wong as a good person? What does that say about how people view outsiders?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if he set it in today's society?
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)