|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
2. Which character has a dream at the end of scene 7?
3. Why does Yang Sun think Shen Te will do anything he asks?
4. What does Yang Sun help himself to?
5. What does Shui Ta say the characters have to do in return for living in Shu Fu's huts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against implementing religious ideal? What are Brecht's opinions on religion and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Brecht?
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's premise? Why premises are so important to a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Brecht's overall argument.
1. What does Brecht argue in the play?
2. How does he introduce his ideas?
3. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
4. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Brecht's argument?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)