Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
2. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
3. What does Mrs. Shin accuse Shen Te of?
4. What does Wong ask the God to do in his dream?
5. What does Mrs. Shin think is wrong with Shin Te?
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against implementing religious ideal? What are Brecht's opinions on religion and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Brecht?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if he set it in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Brecht ens the play with Shen Te screaming for help? Do the students think he could have ended the play in another way? What meaning would that new ending have given the play?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)