Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
2. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
3. What does Mrs. Shin accuse Shen Te of?
4. What does Wong ask the God to do in his dream?
5. What does Mrs. Shin think is wrong with Shin Te?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Bertolt Brecht view the twentieth century? What impact has his ideas had on modern society? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 3
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)