|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
2. Who else is expressing interest in Shen Te?
3. Who do the Gods say they help?
4. What does Shen Te say she has fallen under the spell of?
5. What does Shu Fu praise Shen Te for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Asian and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Bertolt Brecht was a Marxist.
1. How does Brecht express his Marxist views in the play?
2. How and why are Brecht's Marxist views different to today's views on Marxism?
Essay Topic 3
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)