|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shin think is wrong with Shin Te?
2. Who does Wong leave the factory to fetch?
3. Who does Mrs. Yang say they get to sell Shen Te's shop?
4. What does Shu Fu tell Shen Te to use the check for?
5. What is the first lawsuit against Yang Sun for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Brecht's overall argument.
1. What does Brecht argue in the play?
2. How does he introduce his ideas?
3. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
4. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Brecht's argument?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)