|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans a romantic evening for Shen Tu?
2. Who tidies up the shop as Shui Ta reads?
3. What does Shen Te say she has fallen under the spell of?
4. What do the Gods say the world is?
5. Who does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she pities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Shen Te's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What does Shen Te hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events change Shen Te's ideas about life?
3. How has Shen Te's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)