|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wong say cannot be forgotten?
2. What does Shu Fu say Shen Te sacrificed to help the old couple?
3. What does Wong ask the God to do in his dream?
4. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
5. Who tidies up the shop as Shui Ta reads?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Brecht ens the play with Shen Te screaming for help? Do the students think he could have ended the play in another way? What meaning would that new ending have given the play?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
How did Bertolt Brecht view the twentieth century? What impact has his ideas had on modern society? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)