|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Unemployed Man sing about the rewards of?
2. Who does Wong ask the Gods to help?
3. What are the Wife and Husband carrying large bundles of?
4. What does Wong say cannot be forgotten?
5. Which character has a dream at the end of scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Brecht's overall argument.
1. What does Brecht argue in the play?
2. How does he introduce his ideas?
3. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
4. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Brecht's argument?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Shen Te's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What does Shen Te hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events change Shen Te's ideas about life?
3. How has Shen Te's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against implementing religious ideal? What are Brecht's opinions on religion and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Brecht?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)