|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yang Sun remind Shen Te of?
2. Which character now looks fat in scene 9?
3. Who does Shui Te say he is acting in the interests of?
4. What do the Gods tell Wong is good?
5. What is the first lawsuit against Yang Sun for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Bertolt Brecht was a Marxist.
1. How does Brecht express his Marxist views in the play?
2. How and why are Brecht's Marxist views different to today's views on Marxism?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)