|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shui Ta read in the shop?
2. What kind of factory does Shui Ta now run?
3. Which character now looks fat in scene 9?
4. What does Yang Sun have to do for Shui Ta to drop the lawsuits?
5. What do Yang Sun and Shen Te drink to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if he set it in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Brecht's overall argument.
1. What does Brecht argue in the play?
2. How does he introduce his ideas?
3. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
4. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Brecht's argument?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)