|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shui Ta offer Yang to keep quiet about Shen Te?
2. What does Shen Te say she has fallen under the spell of?
3. What is the second lawsuit against Yang Sun for?
4. What does Yang Sun have to do for Shui Ta to drop the lawsuits?
5. Who does Wong leave the factory to fetch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against implementing religious ideal? What are Brecht's opinions on religion and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Brecht?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)