|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Yang say they get to sell Shen Te's shop?
2. What does Wong say cannot be forgotten?
3. What kind of factory does Shui Ta now run?
4. What does Shu Fu praise Shen Te for?
5. What are the Wife and Husband carrying large bundles of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the play's premise? Why premises are so important to a story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if he set it in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Brecht ens the play with Shen Te screaming for help? Do the students think he could have ended the play in another way? What meaning would that new ending have given the play?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)