|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mrs. Yang to pay the bill?
2. What is the second lawsuit against Yang Sun for?
3. What does Yang's song say the good will get?
4. What does Shui Ta say the characters have to do in return for living in Shu Fu's huts?
5. What does Shu Fu praise Shen Te for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. A plague sweeps through the town.
2. The Gods give each resident of the town 1,000 silver dollars.
3. A foreign army takes over the town.
Essay Topic 2
What are the arguments for and against implementing religious ideal? What are Brecht's opinions on religion and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Brecht?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)