Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sheltered Shen Te when she first arrived in the city?
2. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
3. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
4. What do the two prostitutes accuse Shen Te of?
5. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
2. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
3. Summarize scene 9.
4. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
5. What do Yang Sun and Shen Te argue about?
6. Summarize scene 8.
7. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
8. How do the family take over the shop?
9. What problem do the Gods face?
10. What has Mrs. Shin worked out about Shen Te?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view.
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)