|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wong do when he sees the Gods have gone?
2. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
3. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
4. Who does Shen Te tell the Old Woman are looking for generous people?
5. What does Wong sing he is desperate for people to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the second scene.
2. How do Shen Te's problems increase in scene two?
3. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
4. What does Wong report back to the Gods?
5. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
6. Summarize scene 7.
7. Why does Shui Ta say $300 for the shop is not enough?
8. How does Shen Te help out Wong?
9. What is Yang's plan?
10. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's premise? Why premises are so important to a story?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)