|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Shui Ta to the shop?
2. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
3. What kind of insect does Shen Te tell a story about?
4. Who does the carpenter say ordered the shelves?
5. What does Shen Te say is the name of her male cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
2. What do the Gods ask Wong to do?
3. What does Wong tell the audience?
4. Summarize scene four.
5. How does Shen Te's situation change in scene 7?
6. How doees Shu Fu help Shen Te?
7. Why does Wong want the Gods to help She Te?
8. What do the Gods say to Wong?
9. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
10. Summarize the play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the play? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Asian and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)