|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
2. What is the name of the town's barber?
3. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
4. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
5. What do the two prostitutes accuse Shen Te of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
2. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
3. What has Mrs. Shin worked out about Shen Te?
4. How does Yang Sun try to encourage the guests to stay at the wedding?
5. What does Mrs Yang tell the audience?
6. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
7. How does the husband react to Shui Ta's attitude?
8. What is Yang's plan?
9. Why does Wong runaway from the Gods?
10. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)