|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
2. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
3. What does Wong tell the Gods the town is calling Shun Te?
4. What do the Gods say they are continuing their search for?
5. What do the two prostitutes accuse Shen Te of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
2. Summarize scene six.
3. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
4. How does Shen Te help the carpenter?
5. Summarize the play.
6. Summarize scene four.
7. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
8. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
9. How do the family take over the shop?
10. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. A plague sweeps through the town.
2. The Gods give each resident of the town 1,000 silver dollars.
3. A foreign army takes over the town.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)