|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
2. What does the policeman say Shen Te should find?
3. Who comes into the shop after the Family leave?
4. What does Wong do when he sees the Gods have gone?
5. Who are the townsfolk expecting to visit them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Yang delay the wedding?
2. What is Yang's plan?
3. How do the characters show their new found love for life?
4. What does Wong tell the audience?
5. What does Mrs Yang tell the audience?
6. What do the Gods say to Wong?
7. What advice do the Gods give Shen Te?
8. How does Shen Te help the carpenter?
9. Summarize the play.
10. Summarize the prologue.
Essay Topic 1
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 1,561 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)