|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shen Te's occupation?
2. What does the policeman say Shen Te should find?
3. Why does Yang Sun say he can't get a wife?
4. Where does the Boy steal the food?
5. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize scene four.
2. How does Shen Te help out Wong?
3. Summarize scene three.
4. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
5. Why does Mrs. Yang delay the wedding?
6. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
7. Summaize scene five.
8. What does Wong tell the audience?
9. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
10. Summarize scene 7.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Wong's role as an outsider important to the play? How would the story change if the Gods asked help from a character more established in the community? Why do the Gods never see Wong as a good person? What does that say about how people view outsiders?
Essay Topic 2
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)