|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
2. What is Yang Sun's occupation?
3. Whose house does Wong try as a last resort?
4. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
5. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
2. What does Shui Ta tell the Gods?
3. What does Mrs Yang tell the audience?
4. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
5. How does Shen Te say she will help Wong?
6. How do Shen Te's problems increase in scene two?
7. What does Wong report back to the Gods?
8. What do the Gods ask Wong to do?
9. Summarize scene 8.
10. Summarize the second scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Brecht's overall argument.
1. What does Brecht argue in the play?
2. How does he introduce his ideas?
3. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
4. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Brecht's argument?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. A plague sweeps through the town.
2. The Gods give each resident of the town 1,000 silver dollars.
3. A foreign army takes over the town.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)