|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
2. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
3. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
4. Who does Shan Te say she is expecting?
5. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Gods give Shen Te money?
2. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
3. How doees Shu Fu help Shen Te?
4. What does Wong report back to the Gods?
5. Summarize scene 9.
6. What has Mrs. Shin worked out about Shen Te?
7. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
8. What do the Gods ask Wong to do?
9. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
10. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the play's premise? Why premises are so important to a story?
Essay Topic 2
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
How did Bertolt Brecht view the twentieth century? What impact has his ideas had on modern society? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)