|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sheltered Shen Te when she first arrived in the city?
2. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
3. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
4. What do the two prostitutes accuse Shen Te of?
5. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
2. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
3. Summarize scene 9.
4. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
5. What do Yang Sun and Shen Te argue about?
6. Summarize scene 8.
7. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
8. How do the family take over the shop?
9. What problem do the Gods face?
10. What has Mrs. Shin worked out about Shen Te?
Essay Topic 1
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Brecht's overall argument.
1. What does Brecht argue in the play?
2. How does he introduce his ideas?
3. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
4. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Brecht's argument?
Essay Topic 3
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
This section contains 1,478 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)