|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yang Sun watch in the sky?
2. What do the two prostitutes accuse Shen Te of?
3. Why does Yang Sun say he wants to kill himself?
4. Where do the Gods appear to Wong?
5. What does Wong do when he sees the Gods have gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
2. Why does Wong want the Gods to help She Te?
3. What does Shui Ta tell the Gods?
4. Why does the Policeman take the Family into custody?
5. How does the husband react to Shui Ta's attitude?
6. Summaize scene five.
7. Summarize the second scene.
8. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
9. Summarize scene 9.
10. Why do the Gods give Shen Te money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)