|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
2. Whose house does Wong try as a last resort?
3. Who does Shen Te say she is love with?
4. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
5. What does Shui Ta say he is not running?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shen Te prepared to do to help Yang?
2. Summarize scene six.
3. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
4. What do the Gods say to Wong?
5. Summarize scene 9.
6. Summaize scene five.
7. Summarize scene 8.
8. How does Shui Ta deal with the Family?
9. How do the Old Woman and the Policeman help Shen Te?
10. How does Yang Sun try to encourage the guests to stay at the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brecht greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a book, film or play that you think Brechtian technique and discuss its similarities with The Good Person of Szechuan in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
How does Brecht express religion as foolish? How does this theme link to the 1930s and Brecht's Marxist beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Brecht ens the play with Shen Te screaming for help? Do the students think he could have ended the play in another way? What meaning would that new ending have given the play?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)