|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the policeman say Shen Te should find?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A better supplier.
(c) A husband.
(d) A security guard.
2. What does She Te sing a song about?
(a) How she's through with men.
(b) How she is a free spirit.
(c) How she became rich.
(d) How she will find a man.
3. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
4. What God says there must be at least one good person in the town?
(a) The crippled God.
(b) The blind God.
(c) The headless God.
(d) The deaf God.
5. Who does the Husband send out members of his family to find?
(a) Shen Te.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shen Te secure her loan from the Old Woman with?
2. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
3. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
4. What does the Old Woman come into the shop to buy?
5. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the play.
2. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
3. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
4. How does Yang Sun try to encourage the guests to stay at the wedding?
5. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
6. What does Wong tell the audience?
7. How does Shen Te's situation change in scene 7?
8. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
9. How does Shen Te help Yang Sun in scene 4?
10. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)