|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) She has no family.
(d) She has no security.
2. What drink does Shen Te give the Husband and Wife's family?
(a) Coca Cola.
3. Who does the carpenter say ordered the shelves?
(a) Mrs. Katz.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Mr. Wong.
(d) Shen Te.
4. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
(a) Two school friends.
(b) Two prostitutes.
(c) His parents.
(d) His two brothers.
5. What does Wong sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
2. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
3. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
4. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
5. What kind of song is Wong the Water Seller singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shen Te's situation change in scene 7?
2. Why do the Gods refuse to help Shen Te?
3. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
4. Summarize scene 7.
5. How do the Old Couple help Shen Te?
6. Summarize the first scene.
7. How does Yang Sun try to encourage the guests to stay at the wedding?
8. How does Shen Te say she will help Wong?
9. Why does Wong runaway from the Gods?
10. What does Wong dream about?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)