|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
(a) Where Shen Te got her silver pieces.
(b) Shen Te's family.
(c) Who Shui Ta really is.
(d) Shen Te's former profession.
2. Who are the townsfolk expecting to visit them?
(a) The army.
(b) The prophets.
(c) The royal family.
(d) The Gods.
3. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
4. What does Shen Te buy with the money the Gods give her?
(a) A bar.
(b) A grocery shop.
(c) A tobacco shop.
(d) A brothel.
5. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
(a) Not helping the community.
(b) Turning her out of her own home.
(c) Her old job as a prostitute.
(d) Selling cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shui Ta say he is not running?
2. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
3. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
4. What does Wong tell the Gods the town is calling Shun Te?
5. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem do the Gods face?
2. How do the Old Couple help Shen Te?
3. Why does Wong runaway from the Gods?
4. What does Wong tell the audience?
5. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
6. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
7. How does Shen Te help Yang Sun in scene 4?
8. What do Yang Sun and Shen Te argue about?
9. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
10. Summarize scene 7.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)