|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the husband send the Boy to steal?
2. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The bars.
(c) The bigger cities.
(d) The smaller towns.
3. What is Yang Sun's occupation?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A musician.
(d) A writer.
4. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
(a) The whole town.
(b) The poor folk.
(c) The rich folk.
(d) His own family.
5. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu want Shen Te to pay her six months in advance?
(a) Hush money.
(b) The rent.
(c) Her salary.
(d) The bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yang Sun say he wants to kill himself?
2. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
3. What does Wong sell?
4. What does She Te sing a song about?
5. What do the Gods tell Wong they are looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the play.
2. Why does the Policeman take the Family into custody?
3. How do the Old Couple help Shen Te?
4. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
5. Summarize the first scene.
6. What is Shen Te prepared to do to help Yang?
7. What does Wong report back to the Gods?
8. How does Yang Sun change in scene 8?
9. Why does Mrs. Yang delay the wedding?
10. Why do the Gods give Shen Te money?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)