|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
(a) A curling iron.
(b) A razor.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A pair of scissors.
2. Who does Shan Te say she is expecting?
(a) A messenger boy.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A paying customer.
(d) Her sister.
3. Who are the townsfolk expecting to visit them?
(a) The royal family.
(b) The prophets.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The army.
4. What does the Old Woman come into the shop to buy?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A cigar.
5. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
(a) The Husband and Wife.
(b) The Unemployed man.
(c) The Carpenter.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yang Sun watch in the sky?
2. What does Wong do when he sees the Gods have gone?
3. Who does Shui Ta negotiate with?
4. What do the Gods say people are not?
5. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wong report back to the Gods?
2. Why do the Gods refuse to help Shen Te?
3. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
4. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
5. How does Yang Sun react to finding out he is the father of Shen Te's child?
6. How doees Shu Fu help Shen Te?
7. How does Yang Sun change in scene 8?
8. How does Shen Te's situation change in scene 7?
9. Summarize scene 9.
10. Why does Yang Sun want to kill himself?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)