|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shen Te say she is love with?
(a) Yang Sun.
(b) Shu Fu.
(d) Shui Ta.
2. What does the family sing about?
(a) Past glories.
(b) Living in the moment.
(c) Being poor but happy.
(d) What tomorrow will bring.
3. What do the Gods apologize to Wong for?
(a) Their tiredness.
(b) Their bad attitude.
(c) Their bad temper.
(d) Their bad breath.
4. Who does Shui Ta call to get rid of the family?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A body guard.
(d) A policeman.
5. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
(a) Yang Sun.
(b) Wang Gan.
(c) Gong Hong.
(d) Chow Yung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shen Te secure her loan from the Old Woman with?
2. What does the husband send the Boy to steal?
3. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
4. What is Mrs. Mi Tzu's occupation?
5. What does Yang Sun watch in the sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Policeman take the Family into custody?
2. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
3. How do Shen Te's problems increase in scene two?
4. What do the Gods ask Wong to do?
5. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
6. Summarize scene four.
7. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
8. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
9. Summarize the second scene.
10. What is Shen Te prepared to do to help Yang?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)