|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
2. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
(a) The water is contaminated.
(b) It is raining.
(c) He is not a salesman.
(d) There is anoter water seller in town.
3. What does the Wife suggest She Te invent to help her run the shop?
(a) A male cousin.
(b) A nephew.
(c) A husband.
(d) A brother.
4. What do the Gods apologize to Wong for?
(a) Their bad attitude.
(b) Their bad temper.
(c) Their bad breath.
(d) Their tiredness.
5. What does Shen Te buy with the money the Gods give her?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A grocery shop.
(c) A tobacco shop.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
2. What are the Husband and Wife making when Shui Ta arrives?
3. What does everyone want from Shen Te?
4. What does the family sing about?
5. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the husband react to Shui Ta's attitude?
2. Why does Shui Ta say $300 for the shop is not enough?
3. What problem do the Gods face?
4. Summarize the prologue.
5. How doees Shu Fu help Shen Te?
6. Summarize the play.
7. How does Shen Te help out Wong?
8. What happens outside Shen Te's shop?
9. How do the family take over the shop?
10. Summarize the first scene.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)