|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is the play set in?
2. What does Wong tell the Gods the town is calling Shun Te?
(a) The Spinster of the North.
(b) The Man Eater
(c) The Harlot of the Ghetto.
(d) The Angel of the Slums.
3. What shop is Wong chased out of?
(a) A butcher's.
(b) A grocer's.
(c) A barber's.
(d) A baker's.
4. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
(a) That Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
(b) That Shen Te has found a husband.
(c) That Shen Te has been out all night.
(d) That Shen Te is selling the shop.
5. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has moved to another city.
(c) He has a job.
(d) He is in hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
2. What does Shen Te hand out to the people waiting for her?
3. What does everyone want from Shen Te?
4. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
5. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
2. Summarize the prologue.
3. How does Shen Te help Yang Sun in scene 4?
4. What has Mrs. Shin worked out about Shen Te?
5. How do Shen Te's problems increase in scene two?
6. How does Shen Te's situation change in scene 7?
7. What is Yang's plan?
8. What is Shen Te prepared to do to help Yang?
9. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
10. What do the Gods ask Wong to do?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)