Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sheltered Shen Te when she first arrived in the city?
(a) A Brother and Sister.
(b) Two Sisters.
(c) A Husband and Wife.
(d) Two Brothers.
2. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) The Family.
(b) Shen Te.
(d) The Gods.
3. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
(a) Where Shen Te got her silver pieces.
(b) Who Shui Ta really is.
(c) Shen Te's former profession.
(d) Shen Te's family.
4. What do the two prostitutes accuse Shen Te of?
(a) Stealing their money.
(b) Giving them a bad name.
(c) Making them look stupid.
(d) Stealing their clients.
5. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
(b) Mrs Shin.
(c) The policeman.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shen Te say she is meeting at the tea house?
2. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
3. Who does the Husband send out members of his family to find?
4. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
5. What is Yang Sun's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
2. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
3. Summarize scene 9.
4. How does Yang Sun think Shui Ta can expand his business?
5. What do Yang Sun and Shen Te argue about?
6. Summarize scene 8.
7. What does Shui Ta say in his defense?
8. How do the family take over the shop?
9. What problem do the Gods face?
10. What has Mrs. Shin worked out about Shen Te?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)