|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The Family.
(d) Shen Te.
2. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
(a) Her husband's name day.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Their anniversay.
(d) Her grandson's wedding.
3. Why is Yang Sun looking for a strong tree?
(a) To pick apples.
(b) To get nearer the plane.
(c) To hang himself.
(d) To chop for firewood.
4. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
5. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
(a) She has no security.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She has no family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Woman remind Shen Te about?
2. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
3. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
4. What does Shen Te secure her loan from the Old Woman with?
5. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Old Woman and the Policeman help Shen Te?
2. Why does Shui Ta say $300 for the shop is not enough?
3. Summarize scene 7.
4. Why do the Gods give Shen Te money?
5. Summaize scene five.
6. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
7. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
8. How does Yang Sun react to finding out he is the father of Shen Te's child?
9. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
10. Summarize scene 8.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)