|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Shui Ta to the shop?
(a) The Carpenter.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Shen Te.
(d) The Wife.
2. What God says there must be at least one good person in the town?
(a) The crippled God.
(b) The headless God.
(c) The deaf God.
(d) The blind God.
3. What day is the rent due?
4. What is Mrs. Mi Tzu's occupation?
(a) Silk maker.
(c) Shop owner.
5. What does Yang Sun watch in the sky?
(a) The sun.
(b) A bird.
(c) A plane.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Gods appear to Wong?
2. What does Shen Te buy with the money the Gods give her?
3. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
4. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
5. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Gods say to Wong?
2. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
3. What does Wong tell the audience?
4. What does Wong report back to the Gods?
5. Summarize scene six.
6. Why does Wong want the Gods to help She Te?
7. How does Yang Sun react to finding out he is the father of Shen Te's child?
8. Summarize the play.
9. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
10. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)