|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yang Sun say he can't get a wife?
(a) He is not attractive enough.
(b) He smokes too much.
(c) He does not have money.
(d) He is gay.
2. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
(a) He has moved to another city.
(b) He has killed himself.
(c) He has a job.
(d) He is in hospital.
3. Who do the others suggest Wong goes to?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A judge.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A policeman.
4. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
(a) That Shen Te has found a husband.
(b) That Shen Te has been out all night.
(c) That Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
(d) That Shen Te is selling the shop.
5. What are the Husband and Wife making when Shui Ta arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shui Ta negotiate with?
2. Who does Shen Te say she is love with?
3. What does the family sing about?
4. What does the Old Woman come into the shop to buy?
5. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs Yang tell the audience?
2. What do the Gods say to Wong?
3. Summarize the first scene.
4. How doees Shu Fu help Shen Te?
5. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
6. How do the family take over the shop?
7. Why does Wong want the Gods to help She Te?
8. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
9. What does Wong dream about?
10. Summarize scene four.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)