|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yang Sun watch in the sky?
(a) The moon.
(b) A bird.
(c) A plane.
(d) The sun.
2. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
(a) He is not a salesman.
(b) There is anoter water seller in town.
(c) The water is contaminated.
(d) It is raining.
3. What do the Gods say they are continuing their search for?
(a) Beautiful people.
(b) Young people.
(c) Trustworthy people,
(d) Good people.
4. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu want Shen Te to pay her six months in advance?
(a) The bills.
(b) Her salary.
(c) Hush money.
(d) The rent.
5. What do the Gods say people are not?
(c) God fearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
2. What shop is Wong chased out of?
3. Where does She Te offer to take Wong?
4. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
5. Who accompanies Shui Ta to the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Gods refuse to help Shen Te?
2. What do the Gods say to Wong?
3. What does Shen Te sing a song about at the end of scene 4?
4. Why does Wong runaway from the Gods?
5. How do the Old Couple help Shen Te?
6. What does Shui Ta tell the Gods?
7. How does the husband react to Shui Ta's attitude?
8. Why does the Policeman take the Family into custody?
9. How does Yang Sun and Shen Te's relationship develop in scene 3?
10. Summarize scene 7.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)