|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shen Te say she is love with?
(b) Shu Fu.
(c) Yang Sun.
(d) Shui Ta.
2. What drink does Shen Te give the Husband and Wife's family?
(c) Coca Cola.
3. Who comes into the shop after the Family leave?
(a) Mrs. Mi Tzu.
(c) Shen Te.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
4. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) Shen Te.
(b) The Family.
(c) The Gods.
5. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
(a) His stools.
(b) His wardrobe.
(c) His shelves.
(d) His tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
2. What is the name of the shop's former owner?
3. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
4. What do the Gods say they are continuing their search for?
5. Why is Yang Sun looking for a strong tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summaize scene five.
2. How does the husband react to Shui Ta's attitude?
3. How do the characters show their new found love for life?
4. Why does Mrs. Yang delay the wedding?
5. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
6. Summarize the first scene.
7. Summarize scene 9.
8. Summarize the play.
9. Summarize scene 7.
10. How does Yang Sun change in scene 8?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)