|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
(a) Shui Ta is really Shen Te.
(b) Yang is getting job as a pilot.
(c) Shui Ta has not arrived.
(d) Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
2. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
(a) A blank check.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A bundle of notes.
(d) A diamond ring.
3. What does Mrs. Shin accuse Shen Te of?
(a) Being a martyr.
(b) Ruining Shu Fu.
(c) Still loving Yang Sun.
(d) Hating herself.
4. What does Wong ask the God to do in his dream?
(a) Relax the rules.
(b) Make Shen Te fall in love with him.
(c) Lend him some money.
(d) Give him a place in heaven.
5. What does Mrs. Shin think is wrong with Shin Te?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is love sick.
(d) She is depressed.
6. What kind of factory does Shui Ta now run?
(a) A weapons factory.
(b) A tobacco factory.
(c) A food factory.
(d) A clothes factory.
7. Which character now looks fat in scene 9?
(a) Mrs. Shin.
(b) Yang Sun.
(c) Shu Fu.
(d) Shui Ta.
8. What do the Gods tell Wong is good?
9. What is wrong with one of the God's eyes.
(a) It is missing.
(b) It is blind.
(c) It is made from glass.
(d) It is black.
10. Who narrates a series of quick scenes in scene 8?
(a) Mrs. Yang.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) Mrs. Shin.
(d) Shen Te.
11. Who does Wong enter the shop with?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A God.
12. Who does Shen Te decide to call on one last time?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Shui Ta.
(d) Yang Sun.
13. What item of Shui Ta's clothing does Mrs. Shin discover among the clothes?
(a) His underwear
(b) His shorts.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
14. What does Shu Fu tell Shen Te to use the check for?
(a) A new shop.
(b) To move to Peking.
(c) Anything she wants.
(d) New clothes.
15. What are the Gods' clothes covered in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has a dream at the end of scene 7?
2. What does Yang's song say will roll up the stream?
3. Who is the only person the Gods say they found?
4. Who do the Gods say they help?
5. Who does Mrs. Yang say Yang Sun is taking to Peking?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)