|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shui Ta say the characters have to do in return for living in Shu Fu's huts?
(a) Look after him.
(b) Work for him.
(c) Pay rent.
(d) Be nice to Shen Te.
2. Who does Shen Te decide to call on one last time?
(a) Shui Ta.
(b) The Gods.
(c) Yang Sun.
3. To what city does Yang Sun have to move for his job?
(c) Hong Kong.
4. Why does Yang Sun think Shen Te will do anything he asks?
(a) She is in love.
(b) He will be her husband.
(c) He is stronger than her.
(d) She has no money.
5. Who has Shen Te promised to pay?
(a) The Carpenter.
(b) Yang Sun.
(c) Mrs. Shin.
(d) The Old Couple.
6. What kind of factory does Shui Ta now run?
(a) A weapons factory.
(b) A food factory.
(c) A clothes factory.
(d) A tobacco factory.
7. What does Mrs. Yang announce to the guests?
(a) Shui Ta has not arrived.
(b) Yang is getting job as a pilot.
(c) Shui Ta is really Shen Te.
(d) Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
8. Who does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she pities?
(a) Shen Te.
(b) Shui Ta.
(c) Shu Fu.
(d) Yang Sun.
9. Where does Shui Ta tell Yang Sun Shen Te is?
(a) At the parents.
(d) On holiday.
10. What does Shui Ta offer Yang to keep quiet about Shen Te?
(a) A higher position.
(c) A title.
11. Why are the Carpenter's children on the street?
(a) The Carpenter has moved to Peking.
(b) The Carpenter is dead.
(c) The Carpenter is in jail.
(d) The Carpenter has lost his shop.
12. What does Shu Fu leave for Shen Te?
(a) A bundle of notes.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A blank check.
13. Who did Shui Ta bring two lawsuits against?
(a) Mrs. Yang.
(b) Shu Fu.
(c) The Carpenter.
(d) Yang Sun.
14. What kind of shop did the Old Man and Woman own?
(a) A rice shop.
(b) A bread shop.
(c) A carpet shop.
(d) A coffee shop.
15. Who does Wong enter the shop with?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A God.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested in scene 9?
2. Whose wedding takes place in scene 6?
3. What does Mrs. Shin accuse Shen Te of?
4. Who plans a romantic evening for Shen Tu?
5. What does Shen Te say she has fallen under the spell of?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)