|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shui Ta dizzy?
(a) Shen Te is pregnant.
(b) He has been working too hard.
(c) He is ill.
(d) Someone has tampered with his drink.
2. What does Wong say cannot be forgotten?
(a) A good man.
(b) An evil deed.
(c) A good woman.
(d) A good deed.
3. What does Shen Te say she has fallen under the spell of?
(a) Yang Sun's wit.
(b) Yang Sun's generosity.
(c) Yang Sun's spirit.
(d) Yang Sun's energy.
4. Where does Shui Ta tell Yang Sun Shen Te is?
(a) At the parents.
(c) On holiday.
5. Who did Shui Ta bring two lawsuits against?
(a) Yang Sun.
(b) The Carpenter.
(c) Mrs. Yang.
(d) Shu Fu.
6. What does Yang's song say the good will get?
(a) Their fun.
(b) Their happiness.
(c) Their reward.
(d) Their afterlife.
7. Who do the Gods say they help?
(a) Those with love in their heart.
(b) Those who want for nothing.
(c) Those with money.
(d) Those who help themselves.
8. What is the second lawsuit against Yang Sun for?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Leaving Shen Te in debt.
(c) Obtaining money dishonestly.
(d) Lying about being a pilot.
9. What does Shui Ta read in the shop?
(a) A novel.
(b) A comic.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
10. What kind of song does Yang Sun sing in an attempt to get the guests to stay?
(a) A wedding song.
(b) An ironic song.
(c) A folk song.
(d) A satirical song.
11. Who asks Mrs. Yang to pay the bill?
(a) Shu Fu.
(b) The Priest.
(c) A Waiter.
12. Which character has a dream at the end of scene 7?
(a) Shen Te.
(c) Shu Fu.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
13. Who has Shen Te promised to pay?
(a) Mrs. Shin.
(b) The Old Couple.
(c) Yang Sun.
(d) The Carpenter.
14. Why does Yang Sun think Shen Te will do anything he asks?
(a) He is stronger than her.
(b) She is in love.
(c) He will be her husband.
(d) She has no money.
15. What does Yang Sun help himself to?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Pipe tobacco.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shui Ta tell Mrs. Mi Tzu he is selling?
2. Who else is expressing interest in Shen Te?
3. What does Shu Fu praise Shen Te for?
4. Who does Shui Te say he is acting in the interests of?
5. What does Shui Ta offer Yang to keep quiet about Shen Te?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)