|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
(a) An ad.
(b) A letter.
(c) A teegraph.
(d) A poem.
2. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
(a) Two school friends.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two prostitutes.
3. What do the townsfolk expect the Gods to do?
(a) Tell them their future.
(b) Change their lives.
(c) Take away their children.
(d) Give them a sermon.
4. What does Yang Sun need to get a job?
(a) A permit.
(b) A wife.
(d) A passport.
5. Who accompanies Shui Ta to the shop?
(a) The Wife.
(b) Shen Te.
(c) The Carpenter.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
6. Who do the others suggest Wong goes to?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A judge.
7. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
(a) It is late in the day.
(b) They need to run errands.
(c) The shop is open.
(d) They are invited to a party.
8. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
(a) A razor.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A curling iron.
9. What does Wong sell?
10. What does the family sing about?
(a) Past glories.
(b) Being poor but happy.
(c) Living in the moment.
(d) What tomorrow will bring.
11. What kind of song is Wong the Water Seller singing?
(a) A sad song.
(b) A funny song.
(c) A happy song.
(d) An angry song.
12. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
(a) The Husband hits the policeman.
(b) Shui Ta accuses them of treason.
(c) The Boy comes in with stolen Gods.
(d) The Wife threatens Shui Ta.
13. What does the Old Woman come into the shop to buy?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A newspaper.
14. Who does Shen Te say she is meeting at the tea house?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Her future security guard.
15. Why is Yang Sun looking for a strong tree?
(a) To hang himself.
(b) To chop for firewood.
(c) To get nearer the plane.
(d) To pick apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
2. What do Mrs. Yang and She Te wave at?
3. Who do the Gods ask Shen Te to thank for them?
4. What is Yang Sun's occupation?
5. What does Wong sing he is desperate for people to buy?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)