|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Woman remind Shen Te about?
(a) The bills.
(b) The party.
(c) The rent.
(d) The dinner.
2. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
(a) Two prostitutes.
(b) Two school friends.
(c) His two brothers.
(d) His parents.
3. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
(a) The bars.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The smaller towns.
(d) The bigger cities.
4. What does Shen Te say is the name of her male cousin?
(a) Shin Kye.
(b) Yong La.
(c) Wong Lee.
(d) Shui Ta.
5. What does Wong sell?
6. What does the husband send the Boy to steal?
7. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
(a) Her grandson's wedding.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Their anniversay.
(d) Her husband's name day.
8. What does Yang Sun watch in the sky?
(a) The moon.
(b) A plane.
(c) The sun.
(d) A bird.
9. What do the Gods say people are not?
(a) God fearing.
10. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Shen Te.
(c) The Family.
11. What is the name of the town's barber?
(a) Ding Ti.
(b) Shin Ho.
(c) Lui Chu.
(d) Shu Fu.
12. Who does the carpenter say ordered the shelves?
(a) Mr. Wong.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Shen Te.
(d) Mrs. Katz.
13. Where do the Gods appear to Wong?
(a) A den.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A bar.
(d) A tent.
14. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
15. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
(a) He has moved to another city.
(b) He has killed himself.
(c) He has a job.
(d) He is in hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu ask for?
2. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
3. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
4. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
5. What shop is Wong chased out of?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)