|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into the shop after the Family leave?
(a) Mrs. Shin.
(b) Mrs. Mi Tzu.
(c) Shen Te.
2. What does Yang Sun need to get a job?
(a) A passport.
(b) A wife.
(d) A permit.
3. Who does Shen Te tell the Old Woman are looking for generous people?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The government.
(c) The army.
(d) The Europeans.
4. What are the Husband and Wife making when Shui Ta arrives?
5. What do the townsfolk expect the Gods to do?
(a) Give them a sermon.
(b) Tell them their future.
(c) Change their lives.
(d) Take away their children.
6. Who does Shen Te go looking for after her customer is gone?
(b) Another customer.
(d) Her sister.
7. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
8. What does the Carpenter want payment for?
(a) A table.
(c) A stool.
(d) A wardrobe.
9. Who does Shan Te say she is expecting?
(a) A paying customer.
(b) A messenger boy.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A group of soldiers.
10. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu want Shen Te to pay her six months in advance?
(a) The bills.
(b) Hush money.
(c) The rent.
(d) Her salary.
11. Who are the townsfolk expecting to visit them?
(a) The army.
(b) The royal family.
(c) The prophets.
(d) The Gods.
12. What does the policeman say Shen Te should find?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A better supplier.
(d) A husband.
13. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
(a) That Shen Te is selling the shop.
(b) That Shen Te has been out all night.
(c) That Shen Te has found a husband.
(d) That Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
14. Why does Yang Sun say he wants to kill himself?
(a) He is love with the wrong women.
(b) He is divorced.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He can't get a job.
15. Who does Shen Te say she is love with?
(a) Yang Sun.
(c) Shu Fu.
(d) Shui Ta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Boy steal the food?
2. Who does Shui Ta negotiate with?
3. What is the name of the town's barber?
4. What does She Te sing a song about?
5. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)