|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
(a) She has no family.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She has no security.
(d) She is not happy.
2. What does the policeman say Shen Te should find?
(a) A better supplier.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A husband.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Why does Yang Sun say he can't get a wife?
(a) He is not attractive enough.
(b) He does not have money.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He smokes too much.
4. What does the Old Woman remind Shen Te about?
(a) The rent.
(b) The bills.
(c) The dinner.
(d) The party.
5. What is the name of the town's barber?
(a) Shin Ho.
(b) Lui Chu.
(c) Ding Ti.
(d) Shu Fu.
6. What does Shen Te give Mrs. Shin and her family?
7. What day is the rent due?
8. What does Wong do when he sees the Gods have gone?
(b) Looks for them.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Goes to a bar.
9. What is Mrs. Mi Tzu's occupation?
(a) Shop owner.
(d) Silk maker.
10. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) Two prostitutes.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two school friends.
11. Who does the Husband send out members of his family to find?
(a) Shen Te.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
12. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
(a) Shui Ta accuses them of treason.
(b) The Wife threatens Shui Ta.
(c) The Boy comes in with stolen Gods.
(d) The Husband hits the policeman.
13. What do the Gods tell Wong they are looking for?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Some food.
(c) A good person.
(d) Some water.
14. What are the Husband and Wife making when Shui Ta arrives?
15. What is the name of the shop's former owner?
(a) Mrs. Yong.
(b) Mrs. Yin.
(c) Mrs. Shun.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
2. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
3. Who do the Gods ask Shen Te to thank for them?
4. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
5. What drink does Shen Te give the Husband and Wife's family?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)