|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Wong try as a last resort?
(a) Shen Te's.
(b) Chow Eucha.
(c) Hang Lee's.
(d) Shuin Ta's.
2. What is the name of the shop's former owner?
(a) Mrs. Yin.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Mrs. Shun.
(d) Mrs. Yong.
3. What do the Gods apologize to Wong for?
(a) Their tiredness.
(b) Their bad breath.
(c) Their bad attitude.
(d) Their bad temper.
4. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
(a) That Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
(b) That Shen Te has been out all night.
(c) That Shen Te has found a husband.
(d) That Shen Te is selling the shop.
5. What does Wong tell the Gods the town is calling Shun Te?
(a) The Man Eater
(b) The Spinster of the North.
(c) The Harlot of the Ghetto.
(d) The Angel of the Slums.
6. Who comes into the shop after the Family leave?
(a) Mrs. Mi Tzu.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Shen Te.
7. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
(a) He thinks they are want to kill him.
(b) He thinks they are displeased.
(c) He thinks they have been murdered.
(d) He thinks they are coming back.
8. Who does Shen Te tell the Old Woman are looking for generous people?
(a) The army.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The Europeans.
(d) The government.
9. What does the Carpenter want payment for?
(a) A table.
(b) A stool.
(d) A wardrobe.
10. Who does Shen Te go looking for after her customer is gone?
(a) Another customer.
(d) Her sister.
11. What do the Gods say they are continuing their search for?
(a) Young people.
(b) Good people.
(c) Beautiful people.
(d) Trustworthy people,
12. Who accompanies Shui Ta to the shop?
(a) Mrs. Shin.
(b) Shen Te.
(c) The Carpenter.
(d) The Wife.
13. What does the husband send the Boy to steal?
14. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
15. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
(a) A teegraph.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter.
(d) An ad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shen Te hand out to the people waiting for her?
2. What do the Gods say people are not?
3. Why does Yang Sun say he can't get a wife?
4. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
5. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)