|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town's barber?
(a) Ding Ti.
(b) Lui Chu.
(c) Shin Ho.
(d) Shu Fu.
2. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
(a) His stools.
(b) His tables.
(c) His shelves.
(d) His wardrobe.
3. Why is Yang Sun looking for a strong tree?
(a) To get nearer the plane.
(b) To pick apples.
(c) To chop for firewood.
(d) To hang himself.
4. Whose house does Wong try as a last resort?
(a) Shuin Ta's.
(b) Chow Eucha.
(c) Shen Te's.
(d) Hang Lee's.
5. Who does Shen Te say she is love with?
(a) Shu Fu.
(b) Shui Ta.
(c) Yang Sun.
6. What do the Gods apologize to Wong for?
(a) Their bad temper.
(b) Their bad breath.
(c) Their bad attitude.
(d) Their tiredness.
7. Who does Shen Te tell the Old Woman are looking for generous people?
(a) The Europeans.
(b) The army.
(c) The government.
(d) The Gods.
8. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
(a) That Shen Te is selling the shop.
(b) That Shen Te has found a husband.
(c) That Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
(d) That Shen Te has been out all night.
9. What do the Gods say people are not?
(a) God fearing.
10. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
(a) Selling cigarettes.
(b) Her old job as a prostitute.
(c) Not helping the community.
(d) Turning her out of her own home.
11. What day is the rent due?
12. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
(a) Who Shui Ta really is.
(b) Shen Te's former profession.
(c) Where Shen Te got her silver pieces.
(d) Shen Te's family.
13. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
(a) A curling iron.
(b) A razor.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A baseball bat.
14. What does Shen Te buy with the money the Gods give her?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A tobacco shop.
(c) A grocery shop.
(d) A bar.
15. What does Shen Te secure her loan from the Old Woman with?
(a) Her stock of tobacco.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) Her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wong sell?
2. What does the husband send the Boy to steal?
3. What does Wong sing he is desperate for people to buy?
4. What does the family sing about?
5. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)