|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Yang Sun to join them?
(a) Two school friends.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two prostitutes.
2. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
(a) He thinks they are displeased.
(b) He thinks they are coming back.
(c) He thinks they are want to kill him.
(d) He thinks they have been murdered.
3. What is the name of the shop's former owner?
(a) Mrs. Shun.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Mrs. Yong.
(d) Mrs. Yin.
4. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
5. What is Mrs. Mi Tzu's occupation?
(a) Silk maker.
(c) Shop owner.
6. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Make him a drink.
(d) Get out.
7. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
(a) Her grandson's wedding.
(b) Her husband's name day.
(c) Their anniversay.
(d) Her birthday.
8. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(b) The Family.
(c) Shen Te.
(d) The Gods.
9. What kind of song is Wong the Water Seller singing?
(a) A funny song.
(b) A sad song.
(c) An angry song.
(d) A happy song.
10. What does Shen Te buy with the money the Gods give her?
(a) A grocery shop.
(b) A tobacco shop.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bar.
11. What is the name of the town's barber?
(a) Shu Fu.
(b) Shin Ho.
(c) Ding Ti.
(d) Lui Chu.
12. Why does Yang Sun say he can't get a wife?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is not attractive enough.
(c) He smokes too much.
(d) He does not have money.
13. What does Wong sell?
14. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu want Shen Te to pay her six months in advance?
(a) The bills.
(b) The rent.
(c) Hush money.
(d) Her salary.
15. What is Yang Sun's occupation?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A writer.
(c) A musician.
(d) A pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
2. Who does Shui Ta negotiate with?
3. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
4. Who does Shui Ta call to get rid of the family?
5. What does She Te sing a song about?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)