|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is the rent due?
2. What does She Te tell Yang San she knows everything about?
3. Where does the Boy steal the food?
(a) The field.
(b) The grocers.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The butchers.
4. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
(a) The water is contaminated.
(b) There is anoter water seller in town.
(c) It is raining.
(d) He is not a salesman.
5. What do the Gods say people are not?
(a) God fearing.
6. Who does the carpenter say ordered the shelves?
(a) Shen Te.
(b) Mrs. Katz.
(c) Mr. Wong.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
7. What does Wong do when he sees the Gods have gone?
(b) Goes to a bar.
(c) Looks for them.
(d) Runs away.
8. What God says there must be at least one good person in the town?
(a) The blind God.
(b) The deaf God.
(c) The crippled God.
(d) The headless God.
9. What is Mrs. Mi Tzu's occupation?
(a) Silk maker.
(c) Shop owner.
10. What does Wong sing he is desperate for people to buy?
(a) His children.
(b) His soul.
(c) His water.
(d) His house.
11. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
(a) Wang Gan.
(b) Gong Hong.
(c) Chow Yung.
(d) Yang Sun.
12. What does Shen Te hand out to the people waiting for her?
13. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The Family.
(d) Shen Te.
14. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
15. What does the Carpenter want payment for?
(b) A wardrobe.
(c) A table.
(d) A stool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Shen Te give the Husband and Wife's family?
2. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
3. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
4. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
5. What does Yang Sun need to get a job?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)