|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yang Sun's occupation?
(a) A musician.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A writer.
2. Who sheltered Shen Te when she first arrived in the city?
(a) A Brother and Sister.
(b) Two Sisters.
(c) A Husband and Wife.
(d) Two Brothers.
3. Why does Yang Sun say he wants to kill himself?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He can't get a job.
(c) He is love with the wrong women.
(d) He is divorced.
4. What do the townsfolk expect the Gods to do?
(a) Give them a sermon.
(b) Tell them their future.
(c) Take away their children.
(d) Change their lives.
5. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
(a) A poem.
(b) An ad.
(c) A letter.
(d) A teegraph.
6. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
(a) He thinks they have been murdered.
(b) He thinks they are displeased.
(c) He thinks they are coming back.
(d) He thinks they are want to kill him.
7. What shop is Wong chased out of?
(a) A barber's.
(b) A grocer's.
(c) A butcher's.
(d) A baker's.
8. What are the Husband and Wife making when Shui Ta arrives?
9. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
(a) The Carpenter.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) The Unemployed man.
(d) The Husband and Wife.
10. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
(a) It is late in the day.
(b) They are invited to a party.
(c) They need to run errands.
(d) The shop is open.
11. What do the Gods say they are continuing their search for?
(a) Good people.
(b) Trustworthy people,
(c) Beautiful people.
(d) Young people.
12. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
(a) Shen Te's former profession.
(b) Where Shen Te got her silver pieces.
(c) Shen Te's family.
(d) Who Shui Ta really is.
13. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
(a) The whole town.
(b) The rich folk.
(c) The poor folk.
(d) His own family.
14. Who does Shen Te tell the Old Woman are looking for generous people?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The army.
(c) The government.
(d) The Europeans.
15. What drink does Shen Te give the Husband and Wife's family?
(c) Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Mi Tzu's occupation?
2. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
3. What does the Carpenter want payment for?
4. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
5. What God says there must be at least one good person in the town?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)