|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
(b) Mrs Shin.
(c) The policeman.
(d) The Gods.
2. What do the Gods tell Wong they are looking for?
(a) Some food.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A good person.
(d) Some water.
3. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
(a) The whole town.
(b) His own family.
(c) The poor folk.
(d) The rich folk.
4. Who do the Gods ask Shen Te to thank for them?
(a) Her mother.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) Her father.
5. Who accompanies Shui Ta to the shop?
(a) The Carpenter.
(b) Mrs. Shin.
(c) Shen Te.
(d) The Wife.
6. What do the townsfolk expect the Gods to do?
(a) Change their lives.
(b) Give them a sermon.
(c) Tell them their future.
(d) Take away their children.
7. What does Shu Fu strike Wong with?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) A razor.
(c) A curling iron.
(d) A baseball bat.
8. What is the Old Woman and her husband celebrating?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Their anniversay.
(c) Her grandson's wedding.
(d) Her husband's name day.
9. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) The Gods.
(c) The Family.
(d) Shen Te.
10. Who does Shen Te say she is meeting at the tea house?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her future security guard.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) The Gods.
11. Why does the policeman arrest the family?
(a) The Boy comes in with stolen Gods.
(b) Shui Ta accuses them of treason.
(c) The Wife threatens Shui Ta.
(d) The Husband hits the policeman.
12. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
(a) A poem.
(b) A letter.
(c) An ad.
(d) A teegraph.
13. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
(a) His tables.
(b) His stools.
(c) His shelves.
(d) His wardrobe.
14. What do the Gods give Shen Te to help her be good?
(b) A bible.
(c) A husband.
15. What do the women outside Shen Te's shop gossip about?
(a) That Shen Te has found a husband.
(b) That Shen Te used to be a prostitute.
(c) That Shen Te has been out all night.
(d) That Shen Te is selling the shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What God says there must be at least one good person in the town?
2. What does Wong sing he is desperate for people to buy?
3. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
4. What does Shen Te secure her loan from the Old Woman with?
5. What does Shen Te tell the Gods she wants to be?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)