|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
(a) The Gods.
(c) The policeman.
(d) Mrs Shin.
2. What does Shen Te give Mrs. Shin and her family?
3. Who does Shui Ta call to get rid of the family?
(a) A body guard.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A warrior.
4. Why does Wong runaway when he sees the Gods have gone?
(a) He thinks they are want to kill him.
(b) He thinks they are displeased.
(c) He thinks they have been murdered.
(d) He thinks they are coming back.
5. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
(a) The bigger cities.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The smaller towns.
(d) The bars.
6. Who does Shen Te go looking for after her customer is gone?
(b) Her sister.
(d) Another customer.
7. What drink does Shen Te give the Husband and Wife's family?
(c) Coca Cola.
8. What is the name of the young man at the beginning of scene 3?
(a) Wang Gan.
(b) Chow Yung.
(c) Gong Hong.
(d) Yang Sun.
9. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu ask for?
(c) A contract.
10. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
(a) The Unemployed man.
(b) The Carpenter.
(c) The Husband and Wife.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
11. What does Shui Ta tell the Family to do?
(a) Make him a drink.
(b) Get out.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Get dressed.
12. Who does the Husband send out members of his family to find?
(a) Shen Te.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Mrs. Shin.
13. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
(a) A poem.
(b) An ad.
(c) A letter.
(d) A teegraph.
14. What does Shui Ta threaten to return to the Carpenter?
(a) His wardrobe.
(b) His tables.
(c) His stools.
(d) His shelves.
15. Why is Yang Sun looking for a strong tree?
(a) To get nearer the plane.
(b) To pick apples.
(c) To hang himself.
(d) To chop for firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the carpenter say ordered the shelves?
2. What do the Gods give Shen Te to help her be good?
3. What does Mrs. Shin make Shen Te feel guilty about?
4. What shop is Wong chased out of?
5. Why does Shen Te say it is difficult for her to be good?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)