|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings their family to meet Shen Te?
(a) Mrs. Shin.
(b) The Husband and Wife.
(c) The Carpenter.
(d) The Unemployed man.
2. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu say she knows about?
(a) Shen Te's former profession.
(b) Shen Te's family.
(c) Who Shui Ta really is.
(d) Where Shen Te got her silver pieces.
3. What kind of song is Wong the Water Seller singing?
(a) A funny song.
(b) An angry song.
(c) A sad song.
(d) A happy song.
4. What does the Wife suggest She Te invent to help her run the shop?
(a) A husband.
(b) A male cousin.
(c) A nephew.
(d) A brother.
5. What does the policeman say Shen Te should find?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A better supplier.
(c) A husband.
(d) A lawyer.
6. Who does Shen Te say she is meeting at the tea house?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her future security guard.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) The Gods.
7. Who does Shui Ta tell to get out of the shop when the Carpenter leaves?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Shen Te.
(d) The Family.
8. What do the Gods say they are continuing their search for?
(a) Young people.
(b) Beautiful people.
(c) Good people.
(d) Trustworthy people,
9. Why does Yang Sun say he can't get a wife?
(a) He does not have money.
(b) He is not attractive enough.
(c) He smokes too much.
(d) He is gay.
10. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has a job.
(c) He has moved to another city.
(d) He is in hospital.
11. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
(a) They are invited to a party.
(b) They need to run errands.
(c) The shop is open.
(d) It is late in the day.
12. Why does Yang Sun say he wants to kill himself?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) He is love with the wrong women.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He can't get a job.
13. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The bars.
(c) The bigger cities.
(d) The smaller towns.
14. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
(b) The policeman.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Mrs Shin.
15. What does Shui Ta say he is not running?
(a) A charity shop.
(b) A museum.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A knocking shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wong say no one is buying his water?
2. What does Wong sell?
3. Where does the Boy steal the food?
4. What does Shen Te hand out to the people waiting for her?
5. What do the Gods say people are not?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)