|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Policeman and the Old Woman write for Shen Te?
(a) An ad.
(b) A teegraph.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
2. Where does the Policeman suggest Shen Te look for a husband?
(a) The bars.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The bigger cities.
(d) The smaller towns.
3. What news does Mrs. Yang have about Yang Sun?
(a) He is in hospital.
(b) He has killed himself.
(c) He has a job.
(d) He has moved to another city.
4. Who does Wong say would be delighted to take in the Gods?
(a) The poor folk.
(b) The whole town.
(c) The rich folk.
(d) His own family.
5. What does She Te sing a song about?
(a) How she's through with men.
(b) How she became rich.
(c) How she is a free spirit.
(d) How she will find a man.
6. What does Shen Te say is the name of her male cousin?
(a) Yong La.
(b) Wong Lee.
(c) Shin Kye.
(d) Shui Ta.
7. What does Shen Te hand out to the people waiting for her?
8. What does Shui Ta say he is not running?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A charity shop.
(c) A knocking shop.
(d) A museum.
9. What is the name of the town the story is set in?
10. What does Mrs. Mi Tzu want Shen Te to pay her six months in advance?
(a) Her salary.
(b) The bills.
(c) Hush money.
(d) The rent.
11. Why does Shui Ta want the family to get dressed?
(a) They are invited to a party.
(b) They need to run errands.
(c) The shop is open.
(d) It is late in the day.
12. Who does Shen Te go looking for after her customer is gone?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Another customer.
13. What kind of song is Wong the Water Seller singing?
(a) An angry song.
(b) A sad song.
(c) A funny song.
(d) A happy song.
14. What do the townsfolk expect the Gods to do?
(a) Take away their children.
(b) Give them a sermon.
(c) Change their lives.
(d) Tell them their future.
15. Who does Shen Te say she is meeting at the tea house?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her future security guard.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yang Sun looking for a strong tree?
2. What is the name of the shop's former owner?
3. What does Shen Te give Mrs. Shin and her family?
4. Who are the townsfolk expecting to visit them?
5. Who arrives at the shop after Mrs. Mi Tzu leaves?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)