Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Explain the social and economic difference between Brenda and Neil.
2. Why is Neil not conscious of class distinctions?
3. Describe Neil's family in Newark.
4. Since they met that day at the Country Club, has Brenda forgotten the young man she asked to hold her glasses while she dived into the pool?
5. Describe Brenda's neighborhood in Short Hills.
6. Discuss the competitive nature of Brenda.
7. Early in the story what gives Neil away as a consummate...
This section contains 812 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)