|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sassoon treated for at Craiglockhart War Hospital?
2. What happened to Graves as he completed his work as a drill and musketry instructor?
3. Who does Graves routinely help out?
4. In what month did Graves pass medical inspection to be able to return to battle?
5. How many children did Graves have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Graves feel about what his commanding officer did regarding his demobilization request and what steps did he take to ensure the demobilization?
2. Describe how Graves felt about Oxford when he enrolled in October of 1919.
3. In what ways were Graves and T.E. Lawrence alike while they were together at Oxford?
4. When were Graves' last children to his first wife born and what did he do during this time?
5. What happened to Graves when he and another soldier went off in search of some horses which were missing?
6. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
7. What did Graves do after he resigned his teaching position?
8. What did Graves do in Ireland that he found distasteful though he performed it as it was his duty?
9. Describe one specific area in which Graves demonstrated a serious nervous disorder that seemed unusual.
10. Describe what Graves did during his latter years while at Oxford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Graves and his wife divorced? What impact did the war have on their relationship? Do you believe this pattern is typical or atypical with soldiers? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What do you believe is Graves' purpose in writing this novel? Do you believe he achieved his purpose? How do you feel after reading the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Could this novel be used as a text in a history class? Would it be beneficial? Is it biased? Why or why not?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)