|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Personal letters
(b) Personal narrative
(c) Oral dictation
(d) Diary entries
2. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
3. Where was Graves posted when he was transferred to the Royal Welch Fusiliers?
(a) 4th Battalion
(b) 1st Battalion
(c) 2nd Battalion
(d) 3rd Battalion
4. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Spoke German fluently
(b) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(c) Organized his troops well
(d) Competed well in a local boxing match
5. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
6. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Went AWOL
(b) Were war heros
(c) Killed in action
(d) Defected to England
7. At what age did Robert stop being fervant about his religious studies?
8. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(b) Supporting the Navy
(c) Surrending to the Germans
(d) Being disgraced by the cavalry
9. Which of the following did Graves indicate was not rampant among the officers?
10. What were the English soldiers given during the summer of 1915?
(a) New types of trench weapons
(b) Specialized medication
(c) New uniforms
(d) New medals and honors
11. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
12. How was the regiment's second-in-command referred to?
(a) Punctilious Page
(b) Arrogant Idiot
(c) Captain Cornball
(d) Buzz Off
13. In what year was Chapter 13 originally written?
14. What did the men in battle do with their belongings when they were planning for an assault?
(a) Kept it on their backs
(b) Hid it in trenches
(c) Sent it to the rear
(d) Abandoned it
15. In what year does Graves believe Mallory reached the summit of Mount Everest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
2. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
3. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
4. How many days did it take Graves to travel 17 miles when he was transferred?
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)