|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what sport did Mallory introduce Graves?
2. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
(a) When his relatives committed crimes
(b) When he was home in England
(c) After he aged and reflected back on his childhood
(d) As the great war approached
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
4. What did Graves' first wife die from?
5. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
6. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(a) Slipping, but still present
(d) Surprisingly resilient
7. In what year does Graves believe Mallory reached the summit of Mount Everest?
8. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
(a) Sight seeing
(b) Writing travel brochures
(c) Finding a husband
(d) Humanitarian services
9. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
(b) Leaving the trenches and hiding
10. In what year did Graves indicate Chapter 12 was originally written?
11. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
12. How was the regiment's second-in-command referred to?
(a) Arrogant Idiot
(b) Buzz Off
(c) Captain Cornball
(d) Punctilious Page
13. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Being disgraced by the cavalry
(b) Supporting the Navy
(c) Surrending to the Germans
(d) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
14. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
15. Where did Graves spend at least five of his summers while he was a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Graves use to describe death during the summer of 1915?
2. What did Siegfried Sassoon do?
3. What injury did Graves suffer?
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
5. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)