|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Graves rejoin the 1st battalion?
2. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
(c) Leaving the trenches and hiding
3. Where was Graves born?
(b) United States
4. What were the English soldiers given during the summer of 1915?
(a) New uniforms
(b) New medals and honors
(c) Specialized medication
(d) New types of trench weapons
5. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
(a) New mortars
(b) New gas masks
(c) New rifles
(d) New bullets
6. What injury did Graves suffer?
(a) Rib fracture
(b) Broken nose
(c) Bullet wound
(d) Broken leg
7. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
(a) 5 weeks
(b) 10 weeks
(c) 8 weeks
(d) 4 weeks
8. In what year was Graves born?
9. What did Siegfried Sassoon do?
(a) Write poetry
(b) Write articles
(c) Write war plan and attack plans
(d) Write for a newspaper
10. Which of the following describes the relationship between Graves and George Mallory?
(a) Sexual partners
(c) Good friends
11. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(b) Surprisingly resilient
(d) Slipping, but still present
12. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(b) Hatred of all things German
13. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Spoke German fluently
(b) Organized his troops well
(c) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(d) Competed well in a local boxing match
14. Which of the following was not included in Graves' childhood pursuits?
(c) Moralistic stories
15. How old were Robert's parents when he was born?
(a) Mother 30; Father 50
(b) Mother 50; Father 30
(c) Mother 48; Father 42
(d) Mother 40; Father 49
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Graves to travel 17 miles when he was transferred?
2. In what area was Graves introduced to the sport of climbing?
3. Which of the following did Graves indicate was not rampant among the officers?
4. Where did Graves and George Mallory become good friends?
5. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)