|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the officers discuss that were purported to have been committed by specific units or nationalities?
(a) Improbable acts
(b) Surprising maneuvers
(d) Acts of kindness
2. In what year did Graves indicate Chapter 12 was originally written?
3. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
4. Why did Graves enjoy his time in Germany and feel that he received respect?
(a) Parents' financial status
(b) Relatives' local prestige and lineage
(c) The fact that he was visiting and did not reside in Germany
(d) Castles they lived in
5. Which of the following did Graves use to describe death during the summer of 1915?
6. How was the regiment's second-in-command referred to?
(a) Buzz Off
(b) Arrogant Idiot
(c) Captain Cornball
(d) Punctilious Page
7. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
8. Which of the following did Graves indicate was not rampant among the officers?
9. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(c) Hatred of all things German
10. Which of the following describes the relationship between Graves and George Mallory?
(a) Good friends
(c) Sexual partners
11. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
(b) New weapons of great destruction
(c) Stokes' Mortars
(d) Mortar shells
12. Where was Graves born?
(d) United States
13. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
14. Where was Graves sent starting at age six?
(d) Preparatory school
15. From what disease did Robert suffer at the young age of approximately four-and-one-half?
(d) Scarlet fever
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
2. What did Graves spend his time doing in Harfleur 'Bull Ring' ?
3. What did Graves' first wife die from?
4. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
5. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)