|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old were Robert's parents when he was born?
(a) Mother 50; Father 30
(b) Mother 40; Father 49
(c) Mother 48; Father 42
(d) Mother 30; Father 50
2. How did Graves' unit travel?
(a) Foot only
(b) Train and foot
(c) Train only
(d) Truck, train and foot
3. Where did Graves go on leave during Chapter 15?
4. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
(b) Assistant Teacher
(d) Assistant editor
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Piece of wood used in battle
(b) Unfinished battle
(c) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(d) Accommodations for service people
6. How did Graves choose to think of Dick after reading the newspaper article about him?
(a) As a deviant
(c) In jail
7. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
(a) Finding a husband
(b) Sight seeing
(c) Humanitarian services
(d) Writing travel brochures
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
9. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
(a) 10 weeks
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 5 weeks
(d) 8 weeks
10. In August of 1915, where was a major offensive planned?
(c) La Bassye
11. What did Graves consider himself?
(c) Poet and writer
12. Where was the offensive that Graves was sent forward to help prepare for?
13. How far back is Graves able to trace his ancestral history?
14. What did Siegfried Sassoon do?
(a) Write poetry
(b) Write for a newspaper
(c) Write articles
(d) Write war plan and attack plans
15. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
(a) The Carthusian
(c) Boxing club
(d) Officers' Training Corps
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
2. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
3. What were many of the students at Charterhouse impressed with in regards to Graves?
4. Which of the following was not included in Graves' childhood pursuits?
5. Why did Graves enjoy his time in Germany and feel that he received respect?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)