|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new so-called accessory was planned to be released upon the German lines?
(a) Chlorine gas
(c) Uniform discharges
(d) Trench rifles
2. To what sport did Mallory introduce Graves?
3. How did Graves choose to think of Dick after reading the newspaper article about him?
(b) As a deviant
(c) In jail
4. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
5. What did Graves consider himself?
(d) Poet and writer
6. How did Graves' unit travel?
(a) Foot only
(b) Truck, train and foot
(c) Train and foot
(d) Train only
7. How many men passed through the Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the course of the war according to Graves?
(a) 15-20 thousand
(b) 100-120 thousand
(d) 10 thousand
8. What were the ribbons which the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics called?
9. How far back is Graves able to trace his ancestral history?
10. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
11. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) Graves did not care about his appearance
(b) His parents were not wealthy
(c) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(d) His parents did not provide pocket money
12. From what disease did Robert suffer at the young age of approximately four-and-one-half?
(d) Scarlet fever
13. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
14. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
15. Which disease did Graves believe resulted mostly from low morale?
(a) Trench feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
2. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
4. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
5. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)