|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
(c) Cuinchy Brick Stacks
2. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
3. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(b) Organized his troops well
(c) Spoke German fluently
(d) Competed well in a local boxing match
4. How did Graves' unit travel?
(a) Train only
(b) Train and foot
(c) Foot only
(d) Truck, train and foot
5. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
(d) Leaving the trenches and hiding
6. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
7. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Supporting the Navy
(b) Being disgraced by the cavalry
(c) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(d) Surrending to the Germans
8. At what age did Robert stop being fervant about his religious studies?
9. What did Graves' first wife die from?
10. Approximately how many men out of the 800 men were casualties after the first day of the Battle of Loo?
11. Where was Graves born?
(b) United States
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
13. In what year does Graves believe Mallory reached the summit of Mount Everest?
14. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) One month
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two days
(d) One week
15. In what month did Graves rejoin the 1st battalion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
2. What did Graves spend his time doing in Harfleur 'Bull Ring' ?
3. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
4. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
5. What were many of the students at Charterhouse impressed with in regards to Graves?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)