|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was killed in Chapter 18?
(a) Captain Richardson
(c) Dave Thomas
(d) Siegfried Sassoon
2. Which disease did Graves believe resulted mostly from low morale?
(a) Trench feet
3. What did Graves consider himself?
(b) Poet and writer
4. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
(b) Abandoned buildings
(d) Train cars
5. Approximately how many men out of the 800 men were casualties after the first day of the Battle of Loo?
6. How did Graves choose to think of Dick after reading the newspaper article about him?
(c) As a deviant
(d) In jail
7. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
(a) Mortar shells
(c) New weapons of great destruction
(d) Stokes' Mortars
8. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
9. How old were Robert's parents when he was born?
(a) Mother 30; Father 50
(b) Mother 48; Father 42
(c) Mother 50; Father 30
(d) Mother 40; Father 49
10. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
11. At what age did Robert stop being fervant about his religious studies?
12. Where was Graves posted when he was transferred to the Royal Welch Fusiliers?
(a) 1st Battalion
(b) 3rd Battalion
(c) 2nd Battalion
(d) 4th Battalion
13. Which of the following is the best definition for the term desultory as used to describe German shelling?
14. What were many of the students at Charterhouse impressed with in regards to Graves?
(a) Academic skills
(b) Poetic skills
(c) Mental Abilities
(d) Physical ability
15. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
(a) July and August
(b) May and June
(c) April and May
(d) June and July
Short Answer Questions
1. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
2. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
3. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
4. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)