|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
(a) March 1917
(b) April 1918
(c) February 1919
(d) January 1918
2. How did Graves choose to think of Dick after reading the newspaper article about him?
(b) As a deviant
(d) In jail
3. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) Two weeks
(b) One week
(c) One month
(d) Two days
4. How old were Robert's parents when he was born?
(a) Mother 30; Father 50
(b) Mother 48; Father 42
(c) Mother 50; Father 30
(d) Mother 40; Father 49
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Unfinished battle
(b) Piece of wood used in battle
(c) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(d) Accommodations for service people
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Graves feel about eighteenth century poetry?
2. How did Graves find the politics of school life?
3. Approximately how many men out of the 800 men were casualties after the first day of the Battle of Loo?
4. What were the ribbons which the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics called?
5. Where did Graves move toward the end of Chapter 28?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)