|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
(a) 10 weeks
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 8 weeks
(d) 5 weeks
2. How did Nancy Nicholson see all social problems?
(a) Caused by the war
(b) The fault of religion
(c) To be solved by men
(d) In terms of women's rights
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Accommodations for service people
(b) Piece of wood used in battle
(c) Unfinished battle
(d) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
4. In what year did Graves indicate Chapter 12 was originally written?
5. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(a) Surprisingly resilient
(c) Slipping, but still present
Short Answer Questions
1. To what sport did Mallory introduce Graves?
2. Which disease did Graves believe resulted mostly from low morale?
3. What did the men in battle do with their belongings when they were planning for an assault?
4. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
5. What were the ribbons which the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics called?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)