|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Graves sent by a strange accident of military orders?
2. Where did Graves go on leave during Chapter 15?
3. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) They were abandoned by the Navy
(b) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
(c) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(d) Other regiments surrendered before they did
4. What present day term is equivalent to what Graves refers to as neurasthenia and illusion?
(b) Shell-shock with flashbacks
5. What did Graves spend his time doing in Harfleur 'Bull Ring' ?
(a) Writing poems
(b) Socializing with his friends
(c) Conducting drills for new units
(d) Documenting atrocities
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
2. What did Graves' mother force him to do while he was in England?
3. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
4. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
5. Why did the troops treat Graves with a chilly reception?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)