|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the troops treat Graves with a chilly reception?
(a) His wealth
(b) German middle name
(c) His rank
(d) The fact that he had time away from the war
2. Where did Graves and some others go to rescue survivors after the battle of Loo?
(c) Barbed wire area
(d) No Man's Land
3. In August of 1915, where was a major offensive planned?
(b) La Bassye
4. What did Graves and Sassoon do once they rejoined the 3rd Battalion in England?
(a) Continued their convalescence in a rehabilitation hospital
(b) Drafted new soldiers
(c) Covered the war for newspapers
(d) Trained new soldiers
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(b) Hatred of all things German
Short Answer Questions
1. Which disease did Graves believe resulted mostly from low morale?
2. What did Siegfried Sassoon do?
3. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
5. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)