|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Great War, what did Graves insist he was as far as his heritage was concerned?
2. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Insane Jack
(b) Mad Max
(c) Silly Siegfried
(d) Mad Jack
3. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
(b) Intellectually stimulating
4. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
(a) He wanted him to perform in the Battalion theatrical
(b) He did not like Graves and wanted him to suffer
(c) He needed him to continue to train new soldiers
(d) He wanted him to take over his command
5. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
(a) New mortars
(b) New bullets
(c) New rifles
(d) New gas masks
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
2. How did Graves describe the enrollment at Oxford in October of 1919?
3. Which of the following best defines the term untoward when used to describe Jack Graves' school chum?
4. Which of the following literary figures was not one of friendships Graves made while at Oxford?
5. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)