|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
(a) 5 weeks
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 10 weeks
(d) 8 weeks
2. How many men passed through the Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the course of the war according to Graves?
(b) 100-120 thousand
(c) 15-20 thousand
(d) 10 thousand
3. What was Graves plagued by as he entered school at Oxford?
4. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
5. Where was Graves assigned since he was unable to return to combat?
(b) Media relations
(c) Draft office
Short Answer Questions
1. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
2. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
3. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
4. In what year was the armistice announced?
5. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)