|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Graves feel about the war rationing of food?
(a) He wrote poems and letters to the editor saying it was wrong
(b) He stole to get more credits
(c) He felt there was abundant food
(d) He was often hungry
2. What happened to Graves as he completed his work as a drill and musketry instructor?
(a) He spoke of anti-war sentiments and was hurt
(b) He was killed
(c) He was demoted
(d) He worked too hard and collapsed
3. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
4. Which of the following best defines the term untoward when used to describe Jack Graves' school chum?
5. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Supporting the Navy
(b) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(c) Being disgraced by the cavalry
(d) Surrending to the Germans
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many men out of the 800 men were casualties after the first day of the Battle of Loo?
2. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
3. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
5. Where did Graves and some others go to rescue survivors after the battle of Loo?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)