|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Graves describe the enrollment at Oxford in October of 1919?
(b) Surprisingly busy
(d) Nearly deserted
2. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
3. What present day term is equivalent to what Graves refers to as neurasthenia and illusion?
(b) Shell-shock with flashbacks
4. Where was the offensive that Graves was sent forward to help prepare for?
5. What were the English soldiers given during the summer of 1915?
(a) Specialized medication
(b) New types of trench weapons
(c) New medals and honors
(d) New uniforms
Short Answer Questions
1. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
2. What did Graves spend his time doing in Harfleur 'Bull Ring' ?
3. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe England?
4. How did Graves feel about eighteenth century poetry?
5. How long did Graves go untreated?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)