|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Went AWOL
(b) Killed in action
(c) Were war heros
(d) Defected to England
2. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Silly Siegfried
(b) Mad Jack
(c) Insane Jack
(d) Mad Max
3. Why did Graves enjoy his time in Germany and feel that he received respect?
(a) The fact that he was visiting and did not reside in Germany
(b) Relatives' local prestige and lineage
(c) Castles they lived in
(d) Parents' financial status
4. What was the name of Graves' first child?
5. How did Nancy Nicholson see all social problems?
(a) To be solved by men
(b) The fault of religion
(c) In terms of women's rights
(d) Caused by the war
Short Answer Questions
1. Sassoon's political views could best be described as?
2. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
4. Which of the following describes the relationship between Graves and George Mallory?
5. What illness did Graves develop after a few weeks at his new assignment?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)