|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Graves indicate was not rampant among the officers?
2. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) Nevill Barbour
(b) Dick Snowdon
(c) Raymond Rodakowski
(d) George Mallory
3. Socially, England became anti which nationality?
4. What did Graves and Sassoon spend many hours together doing?
(a) Planning escape from the war
(b) Writing poetry
(c) Correcting errors in reporting
(d) Finding a way to escape the war
5. What did Graves do after he left the service?
(a) Became a student at Oxford
(b) Went into the theatre
(c) Moved to America
(d) Stayed home with his daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the officers discuss that were purported to have been committed by specific units or nationalities?
2. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
3. Where was Graves posted when he was transferred to the Royal Welch Fusiliers?
4. How did Graves feel about eighteenth century poetry?
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)