|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
2. What did Graves purchase during his recovery period?
(a) Boat ticket to America
3. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
(b) Intellectually stimulating
4. Where did Graves say the chaplains could be found?
(a) Safely in the churches
(b) In the trenches
(c) Front lines
(d) Far behind the lines
5. How did Graves' unit travel?
(a) Train and foot
(b) Foot only
(c) Truck, train and foot
(d) Train only
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves assigned since he was unable to return to combat?
2. What did Graves and Sassoon do once they rejoined the 3rd Battalion in England?
3. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
4. What did Graves and Sassoon spend many hours together doing?
5. How did Graves describe a proposed assault that was called off?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)