|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the offensive that Graves was sent forward to help prepare for?
2. What did Graves' mother force him to do while he was in England?
(a) Visit all of his school friends
(b) Visit wounded soldiers
(c) Hide from everyone
(d) Attend long church services
3. How many men passed through the Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the course of the war according to Graves?
(a) 10 thousand
(b) 100-120 thousand
(c) 15-20 thousand
4. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
(b) Assistant editor
(d) Assistant Teacher
5. What did Graves consider himself?
(b) Poet and writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
2. Where did Graves spend at least five of his summers while he was a child?
3. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term desultory as used to describe German shelling?
5. What did Graves and Sassoon do once they rejoined the 3rd Battalion in England?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)