|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sport did Graves win a first place prize?
2. How did Graves feel about the war rationing of food?
(a) He was often hungry
(b) He stole to get more credits
(c) He felt there was abundant food
(d) He wrote poems and letters to the editor saying it was wrong
3. Where was Graves posted when he was transferred to the Royal Welch Fusiliers?
(a) 1st Battalion
(b) 3rd Battalion
(c) 2nd Battalion
(d) 4th Battalion
4. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) Three fourths
(b) One third
(c) Two thirds
(d) One half
5. Why did the troops treat Graves with a chilly reception?
(a) His wealth
(b) German middle name
(c) The fact that he had time away from the war
(d) His rank
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
2. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe England?
3. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
4. What happened to deserters?
5. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)