|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men in battle do with their belongings when they were planning for an assault?
(a) Sent it to the rear
(b) Hid it in trenches
(c) Abandoned it
(d) Kept it on their backs
2. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
(b) Leaving the trenches and hiding
3. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Personal letters
(b) Personal narrative
(c) Diary entries
(d) Oral dictation
4. Where did Graves spend at least five of his summers while he was a child?
5. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
2. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
3. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
4. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
5. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)