|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not included in Graves' childhood pursuits?
(d) Moralistic stories
2. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Being disgraced by the cavalry
(b) Surrending to the Germans
(c) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(d) Supporting the Navy
3. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Killed in action
(b) Defected to England
(c) Were war heros
(d) Went AWOL
4. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) They were abandoned by the Navy
(b) Other regiments surrendered before they did
(c) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(d) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
5. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Graves' unit travel?
2. What new so-called accessory was planned to be released upon the German lines?
3. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
4. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
5. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)