|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
(a) Two months
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three months
(d) One week
2. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
(a) Independent thinkers
(d) Desired to be commanded
3. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) One month
(b) Two days
(c) Two weeks
(d) One week
4. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
(c) Leaving the trenches and hiding
5. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Killed in action
(b) Went AWOL
(c) Were war heros
(d) Defected to England
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country could Graves trace his maternal pedigree?
2. How many days did it take Graves to travel 17 miles when he was transferred?
3. Where did Graves and George Mallory become good friends?
4. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
5. Where was Graves posted when he was transferred to the Royal Welch Fusiliers?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)