|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) Raymond Rodakowski
(b) Dick Snowdon
(c) Nevill Barbour
(d) George Mallory
2. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Diary entries
(b) Personal narrative
(c) Oral dictation
(d) Personal letters
3. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
(a) Humanitarian services
(b) Sight seeing
(c) Finding a husband
(d) Writing travel brochures
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
5. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves born?
2. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
3. Which of the following was not included in Graves' childhood pursuits?
4. Where did Graves and some others go to rescue survivors after the battle of Loo?
5. Where did Graves and George Mallory become good friends?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)