|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Siegfried Sassoon do?
(a) Write articles
(b) Write for a newspaper
(c) Write war plan and attack plans
(d) Write poetry
2. Why did Graves enjoy his time in Germany and feel that he received respect?
(a) The fact that he was visiting and did not reside in Germany
(b) Parents' financial status
(c) Relatives' local prestige and lineage
(d) Castles they lived in
3. What new so-called accessory was planned to be released upon the German lines?
(a) Trench rifles
(c) Uniform discharges
(d) Chlorine gas
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
5. How did Graves' unit travel?
(a) Foot only
(b) Train and foot
(c) Truck, train and foot
(d) Train only
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
2. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
3. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
4. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
5. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)