|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Graves' unit travel?
(a) Foot only
(b) Train only
(c) Train and foot
(d) Truck, train and foot
2. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) George Mallory
(b) Dick Snowdon
(c) Nevill Barbour
(d) Raymond Rodakowski
3. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) One month
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two days
(d) One week
4. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Personal letters
(b) Diary entries
(c) Personal narrative
(d) Oral dictation
5. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) Other regiments surrendered before they did
(b) They were abandoned by the Navy
(c) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(d) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
2. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
3. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
4. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
5. Where did Graves and George Mallory become good friends?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)