|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Oral dictation
(b) Personal letters
(c) Personal narrative
(d) Diary entries
2. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Went AWOL
(b) Defected to England
(c) Were war heros
(d) Killed in action
3. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) Graves did not care about his appearance
(b) His parents did not provide pocket money
(c) His parents were not wealthy
(d) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
5. In what area was Graves introduced to the sport of climbing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Graves spend at least five of his summers while he was a child?
2. What were the ribbons which the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics called?
3. Where did Graves and George Mallory become good friends?
4. To what sport did Mallory introduce Graves?
5. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)