|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Competed well in a local boxing match
(b) Organized his troops well
(c) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(d) Spoke German fluently
2. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) His parents were not wealthy
(b) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(c) Graves did not care about his appearance
(d) His parents did not provide pocket money
3. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
(a) Writing travel brochures
(b) Sight seeing
(c) Humanitarian services
(d) Finding a husband
4. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
5. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
2. Where did Graves and some others go to rescue survivors after the battle of Loo?
3. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
4. How did Graves' unit travel?
5. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)