|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Graves born?
(b) United States
2. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Defected to England
(b) Were war heros
(c) Killed in action
(d) Went AWOL
3. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(c) Hatred of all things German
4. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) His parents were not wealthy
(b) His parents did not provide pocket money
(c) Graves did not care about his appearance
(d) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
5. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
(a) May and June
(b) June and July
(c) July and August
(d) April and May
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country could Graves trace his maternal pedigree?
2. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
3. What did Graves' first wife die from?
4. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
5. What did many of the English soldiers do routinely before a mass attack?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)