|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
(c) Assistant editor
(d) Assistant Teacher
2. How many days did it take Graves to travel 17 miles when he was transferred?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 day
(c) 2 months
(d) 2 days
3. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
(a) Writing travel brochures
(b) Humanitarian services
(c) Finding a husband
(d) Sight seeing
4. Where was Graves sent starting at age six?
(b) Preparatory school
5. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Organized his troops well
(b) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(c) Competed well in a local boxing match
(d) Spoke German fluently
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves born?
2. Which of the following did Graves use to describe death during the summer of 1915?
3. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
4. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
5. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)