|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
(a) After he aged and reflected back on his childhood
(b) When he was home in England
(c) As the great war approached
(d) When his relatives committed crimes
2. Which of the following describes the relationship between Graves and George Mallory?
(a) Sexual partners
(c) Good friends
3. In what sport did Graves win a first place prize?
4. What did many of the English soldiers do routinely before a mass attack?
(a) Read and prayer together as a group
(b) Pool their cash into a sweepstakes
(c) Drink heavily
(d) Go into town to have a party
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
(a) Two months
(b) One week
(c) Three weeks
(d) Three months
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country could Graves trace his maternal pedigree?
2. What did Graves consider himself?
3. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
4. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
5. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)