|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Graves use to describe death during the summer of 1915?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Unfinished battle
(b) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(c) Accommodations for service people
(d) Piece of wood used in battle
3. In what year was Graves born?
4. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) They were abandoned by the Navy
(b) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
(c) Other regiments surrendered before they did
(d) There was no physical record that they surrendered
5. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
(a) April and May
(b) June and July
(c) July and August
(d) May and June
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Graves enjoy his time in Germany and feel that he received respect?
2. How did Graves' unit travel?
3. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
4. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
5. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)