|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) George Mallory
(b) Dick Snowdon
(c) Raymond Rodakowski
(d) Nevill Barbour
2. Which of the following did Graves use to describe death during the summer of 1915?
3. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Diary entries
(b) Oral dictation
(c) Personal letters
(d) Personal narrative
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term desultory as used to describe German shelling?
5. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
(a) Boxing club
(b) Officers' Training Corps
(c) The Carthusian
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves born?
2. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
3. What were the English soldiers given during the summer of 1915?
4. In what year was Chapter 13 originally written?
5. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)