|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Surrending to the Germans
(b) Supporting the Navy
(c) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(d) Being disgraced by the cavalry
2. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(d) Hatred of all things German
3. Which of the following best defines the term untoward when used to describe Jack Graves' school chum?
4. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
5. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
(b) Train cars
(d) Abandoned buildings
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
2. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
3. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term desultory as used to describe German shelling?
5. Why did Graves enjoy his time in Germany and feel that he received respect?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)