|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
(b) Independent thinkers
(c) Desired to be commanded
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(b) Unfinished battle
(c) Accommodations for service people
(d) Piece of wood used in battle
3. Where was Graves posted when he was transferred to the Royal Welch Fusiliers?
(a) 3rd Battalion
(b) 1st Battalion
(c) 2nd Battalion
(d) 4th Battalion
4. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
5. What were the English soldiers given during the summer of 1915?
(a) New medals and honors
(b) New uniforms
(c) Specialized medication
(d) New types of trench weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the regiment's second-in-command referred to?
2. In what year was Chapter 13 originally written?
3. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
4. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
5. Where was Graves born?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)