|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) Dick Snowdon
(b) Nevill Barbour
(c) Raymond Rodakowski
(d) George Mallory
2. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
3. What were the English soldiers given during the summer of 1915?
(a) New medals and honors
(b) Specialized medication
(c) New uniforms
(d) New types of trench weapons
4. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) His parents did not provide pocket money
(b) His parents were not wealthy
(c) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(d) Graves did not care about his appearance
5. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) One month
(b) One week
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two days
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Graves and George Mallory become good friends?
2. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
3. Where was Graves sent starting at age six?
4. How many days did it take Graves to travel 17 miles when he was transferred?
5. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)