|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
(a) When his relatives committed crimes
(b) As the great war approached
(c) When he was home in England
(d) After he aged and reflected back on his childhood
2. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
3. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) Dick Snowdon
(b) Raymond Rodakowski
(c) Nevill Barbour
(d) George Mallory
4. From what disease did Robert suffer at the young age of approximately four-and-one-half?
(c) Scarlet fever
5. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
(c) Immigrant workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
2. At what age did Robert stop being fervant about his religious studies?
3. In what year was Graves born?
4. How far back is Graves able to trace his ancestral history?
5. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)