|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
(a) After he aged and reflected back on his childhood
(b) When he was home in England
(c) As the great war approached
(d) When his relatives committed crimes
2. What did Graves consider himself?
(d) Poet and writer
3. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
4. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) His parents were not wealthy
(b) Graves did not care about his appearance
(c) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(d) His parents did not provide pocket money
5. What were many of the students at Charterhouse impressed with in regards to Graves?
(a) Academic skills
(b) Mental Abilities
(c) Physical ability
(d) Poetic skills
Short Answer Questions
1. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
2. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
3. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
4. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
5. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)