|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
(a) When he was home in England
(b) When his relatives committed crimes
(c) After he aged and reflected back on his childhood
(d) As the great war approached
2. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
(b) Immigrant workers
3. From what country could Graves trace his maternal pedigree?
4. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) Nevill Barbour
(b) Raymond Rodakowski
(c) Dick Snowdon
(d) George Mallory
5. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
(a) Assistant Teacher
(b) Assistant editor
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
2. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
3. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
4. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)