|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not included in Graves' childhood pursuits?
(a) Moralistic stories
2. Where was Graves sent starting at age six?
(a) Preparatory school
3. What did Graves' first wife die from?
4. Where was Graves born?
(b) United States
5. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) Dick Snowdon
(b) George Mallory
(c) Raymond Rodakowski
(d) Nevill Barbour
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Graves born?
2. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
3. From what country could Graves trace his maternal pedigree?
4. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)