|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Graves begin to feel shame about his German heritage?
(a) When he was home in England
(b) As the great war approached
(c) After he aged and reflected back on his childhood
(d) When his relatives committed crimes
2. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
(b) Assistant Teacher
(c) Assistant editor
3. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
(b) Intellectually stimulating
4. Where was Graves born?
(b) United States
5. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
(b) Immigrant workers
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Graves born?
2. What did Graves' first wife die from?
3. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
4. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
5. From what country could Graves trace his maternal pedigree?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)