|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
2. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Mad Max
(b) Silly Siegfried
(c) Insane Jack
(d) Mad Jack
3. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(b) Organized his troops well
(c) Spoke German fluently
(d) Competed well in a local boxing match
4. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) Two thirds
(b) One half
(c) One third
(d) Three fourths
5. How long did Graves go untreated?
(a) 2 days
(b) 12 hours
(c) 24 hours
(d) 3 days
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Chapter 13 originally written?
2. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
3. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
4. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
5. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)