|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Accommodations for service people
(b) Piece of wood used in battle
(c) Unfinished battle
(d) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
2. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(c) Slipping, but still present
(d) Surprisingly resilient
3. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) One half
(b) Three fourths
(c) One third
(d) Two thirds
4. Which of the following parts was not injured on Graves?
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
(a) Three months
(b) Three weeks
(c) Two months
(d) One week
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
2. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
3. Where did Graves say the chaplains could be found?
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
5. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)