|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the officers discuss that were purported to have been committed by specific units or nationalities?
(b) Surprising maneuvers
(c) Improbable acts
(d) Acts of kindness
2. What did many of the English soldiers do routinely before a mass attack?
(a) Drink heavily
(b) Go into town to have a party
(c) Read and prayer together as a group
(d) Pool their cash into a sweepstakes
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Piece of wood used in battle
(b) Accommodations for service people
(c) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(d) Unfinished battle
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
5. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Personal narrative
(b) Oral dictation
(c) Personal letters
(d) Diary entries
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
2. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
3. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
4. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
5. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)