|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(c) Hatred of all things German
2. What did the officers discuss that were purported to have been committed by specific units or nationalities?
(a) Improbable acts
(b) Surprising maneuvers
(d) Acts of kindness
3. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
(a) Personal narrative
(b) Personal letters
(c) Diary entries
(d) Oral dictation
4. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) One half
(b) Three fourths
(c) One third
(d) Two thirds
5. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
2. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
3. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
5. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)