|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(b) Surprisingly resilient
(d) Slipping, but still present
2. What did Graves spend his time doing in Harfleur 'Bull Ring' ?
(a) Documenting atrocities
(b) Socializing with his friends
(c) Conducting drills for new units
(d) Writing poems
3. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
4. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
(b) Cuinchy Brick Stacks
5. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
(a) Parade-ground drill
(b) Nationality drills
(c) Purposing of conducting lectures
(d) Religious beliefs
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
2. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
3. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
4. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
5. How long did Graves go untreated?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)