|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Accommodations for service people
(b) Piece of wood used in battle
(c) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(d) Unfinished battle
3. In what year was Chapter 13 originally written?
4. Where did Graves say the chaplains could be found?
(a) In the trenches
(b) Safely in the churches
(c) Far behind the lines
(d) Front lines
5. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
(a) May and June
(b) July and August
(c) April and May
(d) June and July
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
2. What did the officers discuss that were purported to have been committed by specific units or nationalities?
3. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
4. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
5. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)