|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) One half
(b) Three fourths
(c) One third
(d) Two thirds
2. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) Two days
(b) Two weeks
(c) One month
(d) One week
3. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Went AWOL
(b) Killed in action
(c) Defected to England
(d) Were war heros
4. What did the officers discuss that were purported to have been committed by specific units or nationalities?
(b) Improbable acts
(c) Acts of kindness
(d) Surprising maneuvers
5. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
(a) 5 weeks
(b) 8 weeks
(c) 4 weeks
(d) 10 weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
2. How old was Graves in 1916?
3. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
4. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
5. In what year was Chapter 13 originally written?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)