|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(c) Hatred of all things German
2. What did many of the English soldiers do routinely before a mass attack?
(a) Pool their cash into a sweepstakes
(b) Drink heavily
(c) Go into town to have a party
(d) Read and prayer together as a group
3. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Mad Max
(b) Mad Jack
(c) Silly Siegfried
(d) Insane Jack
4. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
5. Where did Graves say the chaplains could be found?
(a) In the trenches
(b) Far behind the lines
(c) Safely in the churches
(d) Front lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
2. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
3. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
4. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
5. Which of the following parts was not injured on Graves?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)