|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
(d) Intellectually stimulating
2. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
3. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
4. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) Three fourths
(b) One third
(c) One half
(d) Two thirds
5. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
2. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
3. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
4. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
5. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)