|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) One half
(b) Three fourths
(c) One third
(d) Two thirds
2. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
3. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
(c) Cuinchy Brick Stacks
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
(d) Intellectually stimulating
5. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Defected to England
(b) Went AWOL
(c) Were war heros
(d) Killed in action
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
2. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
3. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
4. In what form was Chapter 13 originally composed?
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)