|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was killed in Chapter 18?
(b) Captain Richardson
(c) Dave Thomas
(d) Siegfried Sassoon
2. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
3. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
(a) Mortar shells
(b) Stokes' Mortars
(d) New weapons of great destruction
4. What did Graves do after he left the service?
(a) Moved to America
(b) Stayed home with his daughter
(c) Went into the theatre
(d) Became a student at Oxford
5. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(b) Other regiments surrendered before they did
(c) They were abandoned by the Navy
(d) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Graves' first child?
2. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
3. What injury did Graves suffer?
4. Where was the offensive that Graves was sent forward to help prepare for?
5. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)