|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) Other regiments surrendered before they did
(b) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
(c) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(d) They were abandoned by the Navy
2. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
(a) He wanted him to take over his command
(b) He needed him to continue to train new soldiers
(c) He did not like Graves and wanted him to suffer
(d) He wanted him to perform in the Battalion theatrical
3. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
(a) New gas masks
(b) New mortars
(c) New bullets
(d) New rifles
4. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
(a) Mortar shells
(c) New weapons of great destruction
(d) Stokes' Mortars
5. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury did Graves suffer?
2. Which of the following characters was killed in Chapter 18?
3. What did Graves believe he contracted?
4. Where was the offensive that Graves was sent forward to help prepare for?
5. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)