|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pre-1888 regiments did the Royal Welch Fusiliers hold?
2. In what month did Graves rejoin the 1st battalion?
3. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(b) Supporting the Navy
(c) Surrending to the Germans
(d) Being disgraced by the cavalry
4. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
(a) He needed him to continue to train new soldiers
(b) He wanted him to perform in the Battalion theatrical
(c) He wanted him to take over his command
(d) He did not like Graves and wanted him to suffer
5. What did Graves do after he left the service?
(a) Stayed home with his daughter
(b) Became a student at Oxford
(c) Went into the theatre
(d) Moved to America
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
2. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
3. How many men passed through the Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the course of the war according to Graves?
4. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
5. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)