|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
(a) He wanted him to perform in the Battalion theatrical
(b) He wanted him to take over his command
(c) He did not like Graves and wanted him to suffer
(d) He needed him to continue to train new soldiers
2. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
(a) New rifles
(b) New mortars
(c) New gas masks
(d) New bullets
3. What were the ribbons which the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics called?
4. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(b) Other regiments surrendered before they did
(c) They were abandoned by the Navy
(d) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
5. What injury did Graves suffer?
(a) Broken leg
(b) Bullet wound
(c) Broken nose
(d) Rib fracture
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
2. How many men passed through the Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the course of the war according to Graves?
3. What was Graves plagued by as he entered school at Oxford?
4. Which of the following characters was killed in Chapter 18?
5. What was the name of Graves' first child?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)