|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men passed through the Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the course of the war according to Graves?
(a) 100-120 thousand
(c) 10 thousand
(d) 15-20 thousand
2. For what were the Royal Welch Fusiliers notorious?
(a) Participating in four of the hardest fought victories
(b) Supporting the Navy
(c) Being disgraced by the cavalry
(d) Surrending to the Germans
3. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
4. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
5. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
(a) There was no physical record that they surrendered
(b) They were abandoned by the Navy
(c) All twenty-nine regiments did not surrender
(d) Other regiments surrendered before they did
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves do after he left the service?
2. What was Graves plagued by as he entered school at Oxford?
3. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
4. What did Graves believe he contracted?
5. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)