|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what was read every Sunday night during Chapel service?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) Letters from soldiers.
(c) The names of fallen former students.
(d) Weekly messages from the King.
2. How does Ralston describe Chips' appearance in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 14, how many bombs had fallen in and around Brookfield?
4. How is Ralston described in Chapter 11?
(a) As a punching bag.
(b) As a live wire.
(c) As a loose cannon.
(d) As a hot head.
5. Who was the smallest new boy Brookfield had ever had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness forced Chips to leave the school for a while?
2. How does Chips think that Ralston was trying to run Brookfield?
3. In Chapter 10, why is the student who Chips asked to stay behind upset?
4. What 'first' did Chips recall seeing while at Brookfield?
5. Why did Ralston leave Brookfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubles did Chatteris tell Chips about in Chapter 13?
2. What did everyone seem to accept about Chips following Katherine's death?
3. What did Chips say to his students in his farewell speech?
4. In Chapter 13, what would Chips sit and listen to every Saturday night?
5. Which dignitary does Chips remember visiting the school? How did Chips feel about that person?
6. What troubled a student named Grayson in Chapter 10?
7. When did Chips arrive at the decision to retire?
8. In Chapter 16, how do the new boys at Brookfield react to Mr. Chips? What does that say about him?
9. Why did Chatteris say that Brookfield needed Chips to return?
10. In Chapter 16, what does Chips note that he enjoys doing in winter and summer?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)