|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chips describe the New Woman of the '90's?
(a) As career-minded.
(b) As scary.
(c) As strong and independent.
(d) As disinterested in men.
2. What did Katherine say to Chips the night before their wedding?
(a) Pleasant dreams, Chips.
(b) Tomorrow, we begin our future.
(c) I love you, Chippingham.
(d) Good-bye, Mr. Chips.
3. How did Katherine think that she would feel living at Brookfield?
4. Who was the first boy whom Chips punished at the school?
5. What does Chips look at in Chapter 5?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) A photo.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the headmaster who hired Mr. Chips?
2. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
3. What did the headmaster advise Mr. Chips to be at the school?
4. Who mainly comprised the student population of Brookfield?
5. What did Mrs. Wickett once do at Brookfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brookfield School.
2. How did Chips feel about his life in Chapter 4? In Chapter 4, Chips is 48- years-old, and is pleased with his life. He feels content and confident; and his career is going well because he has just been named house master.
3. How did Katherine bring about a change in Chips' career?
4. What does Katherine say to Chips on the evening before their wedding?
5. What does Brookfield's description as a second-rank school mean?
6. In Chapter 6, who returns to visit with Chips; and what news does Chips share with his visitor?
7. In Chapter 5, what did Chips tell Katherine that caused her to laugh in response?
8. What did Chips' dream of doing when he was young?
9. Why did Chips give up his original dream for his career?
10. Describe Chips' bedroom.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)