|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Chips try to hide when he started working at the school?
(a) His crippled leg.
(b) His dislike of children.
(c) His inadequacies.
(d) His youthful appearance.
2. How did Katherine think that she would feel living at Brookfield?
3. Who did Chips go on holiday with in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
(a) Dr. Metcalf.
(b) Dr. McAllister.
(c) Dr. Merivale.
(d) Dr. MacDonald.
5. When was Brookfield School established?
(a) Elizabethan times.
(b) Regency times.
(c) Tudor times.
(d) Victorian times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the school's main structure rebuilt and additions made?
2. At what age did Chips retire from Brookfield?
3. Who was the headmaster who hired Mr. Chips?
4. What kind of trees surround Brookfield?
5. What does Mr. Chips rely on as a signal indicating that it is time to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Katherine bring about a change in Chips' career?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Chips ponder about the school's history?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Chips find on his classroom desk?
4. What does Chips recall about the first boy he ever punished?
5. In Chapter 5, what did Chips tell Katherine that caused her to laugh in response?
6. What does Katherine say to Chips on the evening before their wedding?
7. What does Chips try to figure out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. Describe Chips' bedroom.
9. What does Chips think has dulled in intensity with time?
10. What suggestion did Katherine make about the school soccer team which had everyone aghast?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)