|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how did the students react to the changed Mr. Chips?
(a) Their admiration for him grew.
(b) They became fearful of him.
(c) They started mocking him.
(d) They were annoyed by his confidence.
2. How did Katherine think that she would feel living at Brookfield?
3. What was on the floor of Chips' room at Mrs. Wickett's?
(a) A doorway to the cellar.
(b) A Turkish rug.
(c) A stack of unread books.
(d) A stain from a spilled cup of tea.
4. Who was the first boy whom Chips punished at the school?
5. How did Katherine describe Chips' job?
(a) As important.
(b) As dull.
(c) As unprofitable.
(d) As time-consuming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chips dream of doing when he was young?
2. What did Mr. Chips try to hide when he started working at the school?
3. What does Mr. Chips rely on as a signal indicating that it is time to eat?
4. What did Chips try to convince Katherine of in Chapter 5?
5. What was the topic of a popular joke in Chips' Roman History class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chips recall about the first boy he ever punished?
2. How did Katherine bring about a change in Chips' career?
3. What did Chips' dream of doing when he was young?
4. In Chapter 6, who returns to visit with Chips; and what news does Chips share with his visitor?
5. Why did Chips give up his original dream for his career?
6. Describe Chips' bedroom.
7. In Chapter 5, what did Chips tell Katherine that caused her to laugh in response?
8. How does Chips recall Katherine advocating the disciplining of students?
9. What does Katherine say to Chips on the evening before their wedding?
10. Why does Chips like living near Brookfield School?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)