|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
2. Who did Chips go on holiday with in Chapter 4?
3. What did Mrs. Wickett once do at Brookfield?
(a) She ran the book room.
(b) She cleaned the dormitory.
(c) She ran the linen room.
(d) She taught French.
4. What kind of trees surround Brookfield?
5. In Chapter 6, who visited Chips years later and asked about Katherine?
(a) A university student.
(b) A young politician.
(c) A private in the military.
(d) A photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chips dream of doing when he was young?
2. What was contained in the stack of letters on Chips' desk?
3. What did the headmaster advise Mr. Chips to be at the school?
4. On what occasion does Chips wonder whether the school had a holiday?
5. What is the name of the school where Mr. Chips worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who returns to visit with Chips; and what news does Chips share with his visitor?
2. What does Chips think has dulled in intensity with time?
3. How does Chips recall Katherine advocating the disciplining of students?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Chips find on his classroom desk?
5. What did Chips hear happened to the visitor whom he had in Chapter 6?
6. What suggestion did Katherine make about the school soccer team which had everyone aghast?
7. What does Chips ask the students when he has them over for tea?
8. How did Chips think of the "New Woman" of the '90's; and what was his ideal type of woman?
9. Why did Chips give up his original dream for his career?
10. What did Chips' dream of doing when he was young?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)