|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Chips rushed to help a woman whom he thought was in trouble?
(a) His ankle got caught between two rocks.
(b) He knocked an elderly woman over.
(c) He fell and broke a toe.
(d) He scared the woman.
2. Who did Chips go on holiday with in Chapter 4?
3. How did the young woman travel to see Chips everyday?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By carriage.
(d) On bicycle.
4. Where did Chips and the young woman have their wedding?
5. Chips eventually realized that the letters were related to which of the following?
(a) April Fool's Day.
(b) His wife's death.
(c) University entrance exams.
(d) His work for the boys from East London.
6. Who did Mr. Chips occasionally invite over for tea?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) The local preacher.
(c) Brookfield's headmaster.
(d) Brookfield's new students.
7. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
8. How long had Chips taught at Brookfield before his marriage?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 17 years.
9. How did Katherine think that she would feel living at Brookfield?
10. What kind of person is Katherine described as being?
(a) A headstrong one.
(b) A very happy one.
(c) A complicated one.
(d) A moody one.
11. How did Katherine describe Chips' job?
(a) As important.
(b) As time-consuming.
(c) As dull.
(d) As unprofitable.
12. Which was NOT a feature of Brookfield's campus?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A quadrangle.
(c) 18th century buildings.
(d) Playing fields.
13. When was the school's main structure rebuilt and additions made?
(a) During the reign of Queen Victoria.
(b) During the reign of Queen Anne.
(c) During the reign of King William IV.
(d) During the reign of King George I.
14. In Chapter 5, what did Chips plan with Katherine?
(a) To buy a house near the school.
(b) A holiday in Europe.
(c) Their future together.
(d) A party.
15. What did Chips not consider to be crucial to education?
(a) Studying everyday.
(b) Learning a second language.
(c) Learning Greek and Latin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where did Chips' visitor state that he would be going the following day?
2. What was on display on the walls of Chips' room?
3. On the night before their wedding, what kind of mood did Katherine say she was in with Chips?
4. With Katherine's influence, what did Chips begin to reveal about himself?
5. In Chapter 7, which of the following does Chips think that he should treasure?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)