|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the floor of Chips' room at Mrs. Wickett's?
(a) A doorway to the cellar.
(b) A stack of unread books.
(c) A Turkish rug.
(d) A stain from a spilled cup of tea.
2. How long had Chips taught at Brookfield before his marriage?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What did Katherine say to Chips the night before their wedding?
(a) I love you, Chippingham.
(b) Pleasant dreams, Chips.
(c) Tomorrow, we begin our future.
(d) Good-bye, Mr. Chips.
4. How did Katherine usually advise Chips to discipline the students?
(a) With understanding.
(b) With pity.
(c) With leniency.
(d) With severity.
5. What was Brookfield said to have experienced over the years?
(a) Positive reviews in the press.
(b) Steady growth.
(c) Ups and downs.
(d) A shortage of teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chips and the young woman have their wedding?
2. In what year had Mr. Wetherby joined Brookfield's faculty?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mr. Chips ask Mrs. Wickett to give him?
4. What was contained in the stack of letters on Chips' desk?
5. How old was the young woman whom Chips met while hiking?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)