|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was contained in the stack of letters on Chips' desk?
(a) Exam results.
(b) Letters of condolence.
(c) Thank you cards.
(d) Blank papers.
2. Why did Chips give up his career aspirations?
(a) Because his father argued against it.
(b) Because he realized that he was not qualified.
(c) Because he lost interest in the subject.
(d) Because he was afraid to fail.
3. How did the young woman travel to see Chips everyday?
(a) On bicycle.
(b) By carriage.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On foot.
4. What was on the floor of Chips' room at Mrs. Wickett's?
(a) A stack of unread books.
(b) A doorway to the cellar.
(c) A stain from a spilled cup of tea.
(d) A Turkish rug.
5. What did Chips try to convince Katherine of in Chapter 5?
(a) That he was a mediocre teacher.
(b) That she would be happy at Brookfield.
(c) That he was not interested in her money.
(d) That she could become a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
2. Who did Mr. Chips occasionally invite over for tea?
3. How did Katherine usually advise Chips to discipline the students?
4. What does Chips look at in Chapter 5?
5. Which of the following did Chips become more skillful at after marrying Katherine?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)