|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
(a) Because he was a lifelong bachelor.
(b) Because he was old.
(c) Because he was relying on Mrs. Wickett too much.
(d) Because he was trying to trick someone else into making it.
2. Where did Chips go on holiday in Chapter 4?
(d) The Lake District.
3. In Chapter 6, how did the students react to the changed Mr. Chips?
(a) They were annoyed by his confidence.
(b) They started mocking him.
(c) They became fearful of him.
(d) Their admiration for him grew.
4. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
5. What did Faulkner ask Chips for in Chapter 8?
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) An afternoon off.
(d) A chance to retake a test.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chips usually asked his tea guest(s) questions about which of the following?
2. What happened when Chips rushed to help a woman whom he thought was in trouble?
3. How did Katherine describe Chips' job?
4. Before Katherine, which of the following was NOT something that Chips could be relied on to provide to the students at Brookfield?
5. What did Katherine say to Chips the night before their wedding?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)