|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
(a) Because he was trying to trick someone else into making it.
(b) Because he was old.
(c) Because he was a lifelong bachelor.
(d) Because he was relying on Mrs. Wickett too much.
2. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
3. What types of novels does Mr. Chips like to read?
4. Who is Mrs. Wickett?
(a) Chips' nurse.
(b) Chips' neighbor.
(c) Chips' landlady.
(d) Chips' colleague.
5. What did Chips consider to be a good source from which to learn the particular subjects that he taught?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A museum.
(c) The Times newspaper.
(d) "Robinson Crusoe".
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year had Mr. Wetherby joined Brookfield's faculty?
2. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mr. Chips ask Mrs. Wickett to give him?
4. Who did Mr. Chips occasionally invite over for tea?
5. Who mainly comprised the student population of Brookfield?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)