|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Chips is said to have played an encore in his career to which of the following?
(a) A sparse audience.
(b) An unwilling audience.
(c) A tragic audience.
(d) An appreciative audience.
2. Who did Mr. Chips occasionally invite over for tea?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) Brookfield's headmaster.
(c) The local preacher.
(d) Brookfield's new students.
3. Why did Chips give up his career aspirations?
(a) Because he realized that he was not qualified.
(b) Because his father argued against it.
(c) Because he was afraid to fail.
(d) Because he lost interest in the subject.
4. What is the name of the school where Mr. Chips worked?
(a) Woodgate School.
(b) Brookfield School.
(c) Pinegrove School.
(d) Lambeth School.
5. When was Brookfield School established?
(a) Regency times.
(b) Victorian times.
(c) Tudor times.
(d) Elizabethan times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of novels does Mr. Chips like to read?
2. What did Chips consider to be a good source from which to learn the particular subjects that he taught?
3. What kind of trees surround Brookfield?
4. What did Mr. Chips try to hide when he started working at the school?
5. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)