|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the house that Mr. Chips lives in?
(a) Half an hour away from the school.
(b) On a hill.
(c) Across from the school.
(d) Next to a cemetery.
2. When was Brookfield School established?
(a) Regency times.
(b) Victorian times.
(c) Elizabethan times.
(d) Tudor times.
3. What did Chips sometimes forgo reading for a detective novel?
(a) His mail.
(b) Classical literature.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Bible.
4. What kind of trees surround Brookfield?
5. To which of the following did Chips equate his tendency to be secretive?
(a) To being an eccentric.
(b) To being a wizard.
(c) To being a hermit.
(d) To being a Freemason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Wickett?
2. What types of novels does Mr. Chips like to read?
3. What was Brookfield said to have experienced over the years?
4. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
5. What does Mr. Chips rely on as a signal indicating that it is time to eat?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)