|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mr. Chips ask Mrs. Wickett to give him?
(a) A blanket.
(b) The mail.
(c) A pen.
(d) A cup of tea.
2. What does Mr. Chips rely on as a signal indicating that it is time to eat?
(a) His grandfather clock.
(b) The school bell.
(c) Mrs. Wickett.
(d) The sun's position.
3. What did Mrs. Wickett once do at Brookfield?
(a) She cleaned the dormitory.
(b) She ran the linen room.
(c) She ran the book room.
(d) She taught French.
4. What was on the floor of Chips' room at Mrs. Wickett's?
(a) A Turkish rug.
(b) A doorway to the cellar.
(c) A stack of unread books.
(d) A stain from a spilled cup of tea.
5. Chips usually asked his tea guest(s) questions about which of the following?
(a) Their taste in art.
(b) The weather.
(d) The news headlines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
2. What was the year that Mr. Chips was born?
3. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
4. What did the headmaster advise Mr. Chips to be at the school?
5. What did Chips dream of doing when he was young?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)