|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year had Mr. Wetherby joined Brookfield's faculty?
2. How did Katherine describe Chips' job?
(a) As unprofitable.
(b) As time-consuming.
(c) As important.
(d) As dull.
3. How did Katherine feel when she found out that Chips was a teacher?
4. What did Mrs. Wickett once do at Brookfield?
(a) She ran the book room.
(b) She taught French.
(c) She ran the linen room.
(d) She cleaned the dormitory.
5. What did Chips try to convince Katherine of in Chapter 5?
(a) That he was not interested in her money.
(b) That she would be happy at Brookfield.
(c) That he was a mediocre teacher.
(d) That she could become a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Chips rely on as a signal indicating that it is time to eat?
2. Chips usually asked his tea guest(s) questions about which of the following?
3. To which of the following did Chips equate his tendency to be secretive?
4. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
5. Who is Mrs. Wickett?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)