|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did everyone notice about Chips after Katherine's death?
(a) He was different.
(b) He coped well.
(c) He reverted to the person he had been before meeting her.
(d) He was pretending to be fine.
2. Where did Chips and the young woman have their wedding?
3. What career boost had Chips just received in Chapter 4?
(a) Being given a raise in salary.
(b) Having an academic paper published.
(c) Being named house master.
(d) Being promoted to head of his department.
4. Which group of people does Chips make reference to in Chapter 9?
(a) The Zulus.
(b) The Boers.
(c) The Bengalis.
(d) The Gauls.
5. Where did Chips go on holiday in Chapter 4?
(c) The Lake District.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the young woman whom Chips met while hiking?
2. What did Chips consider giving up following Katherine's death??
3. What did Chips become in the eyes of the students following Katherine's death?
4. How does Chips describe the New Woman of the '90's?
5. How old does Chips recall being in Chapter 4?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)