|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Chips recall being in Chapter 9?
(a) 43 years old.
(b) 50 years old.
(c) 39 years old.
(d) 48 years old.
2. By what date did Chips hope that World War I would be over?
(c) Armistice Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
3. In Chapter 12, what was read every Sunday night during Chapel service?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) The names of fallen former students.
(c) Letters from soldiers.
(d) Weekly messages from the King.
4. Where did Chips go on holiday in Chapter 4?
(b) The Lake District.
5. What does Chips remember doing in a ritualistic way in Chapter 9?
(a) Marking papers.
(b) Walking to the school.
(c) Making roll call.
(d) Planning lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition did Chatteris have?
2. In Chapter 9, Chips states that men in which occupation live a long life?
3. During what month of the year was the first former Brookfield student killed in the war?
4. What did Chips consider giving up following Katherine's death??
5. What began to spring up quite near to Brookfield in 1915?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)