|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Will at the airport in Chapter 57?
2. Who calls Will with a threat at the end of Chapter 52?
3. What is the name of the former sorority house mother that Katy and Will talk to in Chapter 33?
4. What does Ken do when he cannot shoot Will in Chapter 57?
5. How many messages does Will find on his answering machine in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the conversation Will and Katy have regarding Julie in Chapter 35?
2. What does Will discover when he watches surveillance tapes of Owen Enfield in Chapter 39?
3. What does Will find while surfing the Web at the beginning of Chapter 29?
4. Why does Katy turn against Will and reveal to be working for John?
5. What does Yvonne Sterno tell Will about a person named Owen Enfield in Chapter 32?
6. What is the nature of Pistillo's actions towards Will in Chapter 37?
7. What does Willl's girlfriend reveal about her past when she tells him her name is Nora Spring?
8. What is the nature of Will's conversation with Tanya in Chapter 42?
9. What is the nature of the conversation Will and Katy have with a woman named Rose Baker in Chapter 33?
10. How does Mr. Kleain react when he runs into John in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of investigation that is presented in the book. What can we learn about the nature of the police and their ability to be neutral in their investigations based on the actions of Pistillo in the book? How did Will and Katy's investigation differ from the one conducted by the police?
Essay Topic 2
Death is an important theme presented throughout the book. Part 1.) How does the death of loved ones, either a lover or a family member, appear to affect the actions of the book's characters? Part 2.) What role does death play in the formation of the book's plot line? Part 3.) What can we learn about the nature of the book's characters based on the way they are able to handle death in the book, namely in Will's family?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of violence in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of characters like John based on his acts of violence in the book and what factors could have led to his being so violent towards others without remorse?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)