|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katy tell Will she knows he was on the night of her sister's murder?
2. Who does Nora reveal she met while living in Stockholm?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Will tracks Nora down?
4. How many messages does Will find on his answering machine in Chapter 43?
5. Whose face is shown on the security tapes that Will watches in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will prepare for a reunion with Ken at Camp Millstone?
2. What does Lieutenant Daniels call Will for in Chapter 30?
3. What does Pistillo reveal to Will when he takes him to his sister's house?
4. What is shown in the newspaper clipping given to Will in the Epilogue?
5. What happens when Joshua Ford and Raymond Cromwell visit McGuane's office in Chapter 40?
6. What is the nature of the conversation Will and Katy have with a woman named Rose Baker in Chapter 33?
7. What does Squares reveal happened to him in the past that made him not want children?
8. What is the nature of the message Yvonne leaves on Will's answering machine in Chapter 43?
9. How is Will able to escape from some handcuffs after being attacked in Chapter 36?
10. What happens when Will goes to the Regina Hotel to look for his girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death is an important theme presented throughout the book. Part 1.) How does the death of loved ones, either a lover or a family member, appear to affect the actions of the book's characters? Part 2.) What role does death play in the formation of the book's plot line? Part 3.) What can we learn about the nature of the book's characters based on the way they are able to handle death in the book, namely in Will's family?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of love in the book in its various forms including romantic, familial and friendly love. Why do you think the author made the book's characters struggle so much to achieve and find love with others?
Essay Topic 3
The police play an integral role in much of the book. Part 1.) What is the nature of the police investigations shown throughout the book? Part 2.) Do the police appear to remain neutral in their investigations or do they allow personal feelings to conflict their actions? Part 3.) What is the overall nature of police officers like Pistillo in regards to their investigative duties, and what might the author be saying about their nature based on the actions they present in the book?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)