|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the undercover agent who has gone missing in Chapter 53?
2. Where does Katy tell Will she believes they are, in Chapter 55?
3. Who steps in front on the bullet that is aimed at Ken in Chapter 57?
4. Who does Katy claim to have killed her sister Julie in Chapter 57?
5. What does Ken do when he cannot shoot Will in Chapter 57?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Will goes to the Regina Hotel to look for his girlfriend?
2. What is the nature of the conversation Will and Katy have with a woman named Rose Baker in Chapter 33?
3. What does Yvonne Sterno tell Will about a person named Owen Enfield in Chapter 32?
4. What is the nature of Squares and Wanda's conversations in Chapter 31?
5. How does Will prepare for a reunion with Ken at Camp Millstone?
6. What is the nature of Will's conversation with Tanya in Chapter 42?
7. What does Will discover about the little girl Carley in Chapter 57?
8. What is the nature of Will's conversation with Yvonne Sterno in Chapter 29?
9. How is Will able to escape from some handcuffs after being attacked in Chapter 36?
10. How is Will's meeting with Mr. Klein at a Little League field described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of the thriller genre based on the information presented in the book. What literary elements does the author use to make this book a thriller and is he successful in his attempts?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of sibling relationships in the book, namely those between Will and his siblings Melissa and Ken. What impact do sibling relationships have on the actions of characters like Will and Katy, and how do these relationships alter the way these characters might act under more normal circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Trust is an important theme presented in many parts of the book. Part 1.) Does Will appear to be an overly trusting person in the book and if so what repercussions must he deal with because of this? Part 2.) How does the author try and create a sense of trust in characters that should be viewed as untrustworthy, and what purpose might he have for doing this? Part 3.) What role does trust play in the revelation of the truth by the end of the book?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)