|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will go to meet at the beginning of Chapter 27?
2. Whose picture does Will find hiding in a picture frame in Chapter 1?
3. What is the relationship between Ken and Will?
4. What is the name of the high school where Will goes to meet someone in Chapter 13?
5. What does Square's girlfriend tell Will that his friend is not handling well in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Morty Meyer in the middle of the night in Chapter 3?
2. What do Mr. And Mrs. Miller argue about in Chapter 22?
3. How is a street kid named Roscoe first described in the book?
4. What does Will find when he goes through his girlfriend's computer in Chapter 7?
5. How does Mrs. Rogers act towards Will at her daughter's memorial service in Chapter 24?
6. What does a man say to Morty Meyer at a gambling table in Las Vegas?
7. How is Pistillo and Fisher's meeting at McGuane's office described in Chapter 26?
8. What does Will learn about his girlfriend while visiting Goldberg Pharmacy in Chapter 27?
9. How are Sheila's thoughts described in Chapter 10?
10. What is the nature of Pistillo's interrogation of Will in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's portrayal of sacrifice in the book. How is Will able to define himself by the sacrifices he makes for his family and friends, and what can we learn about the nature of his character from these acts of sacrifice?
Essay Topic 2
Deception is one of the more prominent themes found in the book. Part 1.) What elements does the author use to create a sense of deception in the book, and does he single out any particular characters when doing this? Part 2.) What might the author be saying about the nature of deception based on his portrayal of characters like Ken, John and Katy? Part 3.) What impact might deception have on the victims that were deceived, and what role do their experiences have on their actions in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The police play an integral role in much of the book. Part 1.) What is the nature of the police investigations shown throughout the book? Part 2.) Do the police appear to remain neutral in their investigations or do they allow personal feelings to conflict their actions? Part 3.) What is the overall nature of police officers like Pistillo in regards to their investigative duties, and what might the author be saying about their nature based on the actions they present in the book?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)