|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was paralyzed by a bullet to the spine?
2. Where does the person Will meets at the beginning of Chapter 27 send him to for answers about his girlfriend?
3. What does a person demand that the man who is awoken at gun point in Chapter 3 provide for a woman?
4. What does the person Will calls at the end of Chapter 7 tell him he should do in regards to Sheila?
5. What is the name of the man who is meeting with a hired man in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will find his girlfriend doing out of bed in Chapter 2?
2. How is a street kid named Roscoe first described in the book?
3. How is the body described that a sheriff finds in Chapter 12?
4. What does Will learn about his girlfriend while visiting Goldberg Pharmacy in Chapter 27?
5. What does Pistillo show Will that involves his girlfriend in Chapter 5?
6. How is Tanya first described in the book?
7. How is Pistillo and Fisher's meeting at McGuane's office described in Chapter 26?
8. What is the nature of the conversation between Agent Fisher and Pistillo regarding Will, in Chapter 17?
9. How are Sheila's thoughts described in Chapter 10?
10. What does Katy do in her sister's room in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of violence in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of characters like John based on his acts of violence in the book and what factors could have led to his being so violent towards others without remorse?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of the concept of protection in the book. What can we learn about the nature of Will's character based on his apparent need to protect Katy and his family's honor in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of the thriller genre based on the information presented in the book. What literary elements does the author use to make this book a thriller and is he successful in his attempts?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)