|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person Will calls to find Sheila at the end of Chapter 7 ask him if he's seen, but he has never heard of?
2. How many people were found dead at the crime scene photos that Will looks at in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Will collapse on when they come to see him at the end of Chapter 21?
4. Who does Will first show the photo of Ken that he found in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the female FBI agent who questions Will in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pistillo and Fisher's meeting at McGuane's office described in Chapter 26?
2. Why is Ken accused of Julie Miller's murder?
3. What does Katy tell Will that she discovered about her sister just before her death in Chapter 25?
4. What does Will find his girlfriend doing out of bed in Chapter 2?
5. How does Melissa react when Will shows her a recent photo he found of Ken?
6. How does Katy describe her parents' actions after her sister's death to Will in Chapter 13?
7. How is a street kid named Roscoe first described in the book?
8. How is Katy's appearance described the first time Will sees her in the book?
9. What happens to Morty Meyer in the middle of the night in Chapter 3?
10. Why is Will's father angry at his wife's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's portrayal of sacrifice in the book. How is Will able to define himself by the sacrifices he makes for his family and friends, and what can we learn about the nature of his character from these acts of sacrifice?
Essay Topic 2
The events of the past play an integral role in the way many of the book's characters act towards others. Part 1.) What role does the past play in the actions of the book's main characters, especially Will? Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like the Miller family based on their reactions to the events of their past? Part 3.) What might the author be saying about the important impact the past can have on the future based on the way the book ends?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, many of the characters must deal with the impact of a loved ones murder. Part 1.) What role does Julie's murder in the past have on the actions of the book's characters in the present? Part 2.) What can we learn about the repercussions of murder based on the characters like Katy react to being affected by it? Part 3.) How might Will's actions have been different if he did not think his girlfriend had been murdered in the book?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)