|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Chapter 23 take place?
2. What does Katy tell Will she discovered that her sister did just before her death?
3. What is the actual name of Will's girlfriend that he does not know?
4. What is the fake name Sheila received just days before her death?
5. Who do Squares and Will try and help in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the body described that a sheriff finds in Chapter 12?
2. What does Will find his girlfriend doing out of bed in Chapter 2?
3. How did Squares get his nickname?
4. What is the nature of the conversation between John and Phillip McGuane in Chapter 6?
5. What does a man say to Morty Meyer at a gambling table in Las Vegas?
6. How does Mrs. Rogers act towards Will at her daughter's memorial service in Chapter 24?
7. How does Will find his home when he returns to it in Chapter 18?
8. How are Will's memories of Katy Miller described as a child?
9. What is the nature of Will's conversation with Wanda in Chapter 8?
10. What does Pistillo show Will that involves his girlfriend in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of revenge that is presented in the book. What can we learn about the nature of characters like Katy, John and Ken based on their acts of revenge taken out in the book, and what factors impacted these acts?
Essay Topic 2
Death is an important theme presented throughout the book. Part 1.) How does the death of loved ones, either a lover or a family member, appear to affect the actions of the book's characters? Part 2.) What role does death play in the formation of the book's plot line? Part 3.) What can we learn about the nature of the book's characters based on the way they are able to handle death in the book, namely in Will's family?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of the concept of protection in the book. What can we learn about the nature of Will's character based on his apparent need to protect Katy and his family's honor in the book?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)