Chapters 1 through 6
• The book begins just days before Will Klein's mother is to die; she tells him that his brother Ken is still alive.
• Will's mother dies and he is supported at her funeral by his girlfriend, Sheila Rogers.
• Will walks around his hometown and reminisces outside the house of his former girlfriend, Julie Miller, who was murdered.
• Will's brother Ken is the top suspect in her murder and has been missing since it occurred.
• Will later finds a current picture of his brother in the back of a picture frame at his parents' house.
• Will later returns home and finds his girlfriend up in the middle of the night crying.
• A man named Morty Meyer is woken up at gun point and told to provide medical assistance to a woman that is near death.
• Will wakes up to find a note from his girlfriend but thinks nothing...
This section contains 1,795 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)