|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oddjob shoot at Bond?
2. What does Bond say he will do if Goldfinger lets him go?
3. What is Billy's nickname?
4. Where does the girl need to go for an appointment?
5. What does Goldfinger ask everyone to put on as they leave Louisville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man tell Bond about Enterprises Auric?
2. How does Bond hide his letter to Leiter?
3. How does Goldfinger convince the doctor Bond is ill?
4. How does Goldfinger impress the gang members?
5. Why does Bond compare himself to St. George?
6. What does Goldfinger put under the bridge?
7. What choices does Goldfinger offer Bond?
8. How has Goldfinger arranged it so Bond has to work for him?
9. Describe the meeting room.
10. How does Masterton die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)