|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Leiter Bond's note?
2. What does Goldfinger call his operation?
3. What is Goldfinger doing at the side of the road?
4. Who does Goldfinger send a signal to?
5. What does Bond say he will do if Goldfinger lets him go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choices does Goldfinger offer Bond?
2. How does Bond hide his letter to Leiter?
3. How does Bond plant a homing device in Goldfinger's car?
4. How is Goldfinger planning to kill the 60,000 people of Fort Knox?
5. What does the man tell Bond about Enterprises Auric?
6. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
7. Describe the table Goldfinger straps Bond to.
8. How does Helmut Springer die?
9. How has Goldfinger arranged it so Bond has to work for him?
10. How does Goldfinger impress the gang members?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 3
Why would someone as rich as Goldfinger want to cheat someone out of money? Why is cheating such an important theme in the book? What is Fleming's opinion on cheating and how does he express it?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)