|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond compare himself to?
2. Where does the girl need to go for an appointment?
3. Who is the airplane's flight attendant?
4. What airport does Bond wake up in?
5. What does Bond have hidden in his shoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goldfinger put under the bridge?
2. What does Bond say to Goldfinger?
3. How is Goldfinger planning to kill the 60,000 people of Fort Knox?
4. Why does Bond compare himself to St. George?
5. Describe the table Goldfinger straps Bond to.
6. How does Bond hide his letter to Leiter?
7. How does Masterton die?
8. How does Goldfinger convince the doctor Bond is ill?
9. How does Goldfinger impress the gang members?
10. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes a good spy? What are Bond's strengths and weaknesses as a spy? Why would Tilly would not make a good spy?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was the threat of nuclear war a theme from the 50s and 60s? How did America and Britain combat the threat of nuclear war?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)