|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the Cement Mixer come from?
2. What airport does Bond wake up in?
3. What does Bond find under the bridge?
4. Which of the gang members does not sound sincere?
5. Who does Bond compare himself to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Masterton die?
2. How is Goldfinger planning to kill the 60,000 people of Fort Knox?
3. How does Helmut Springer die?
4. How does Bond plant a homing device in Goldfinger's car?
5. How does Goldfinger recapture Bond in this chapter?
6. How does Bond stop Tilly?
7. How has Goldfinger arranged it so Bond has to work for him?
8. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
9. How does Goldfinger impress the gang members?
10. How does Bond hide his letter to Leiter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 2
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)