|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the custom official think Bond is?
2. What does Oddjob jab Bond with?
3. What does Bond shoot the train with?
4. Which of the gangsters states his/her mistrust of Bond?
5. What city does the Cement Mixer come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Masterton die?
2. What choices does Goldfinger offer Bond?
3. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
4. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
5. How do the soldiers attack Goldfinger?
6. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
7. How has Goldfinger arranged it so Bond has to work for him?
8. What does Goldfinger put under the bridge?
9. How does Goldfinger convince the doctor Bond is ill?
10. How does Bond hide his letter to Leiter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Goldfinger need Bond to work for him? How can Goldfinger ensure that Bond does not betray him? How can Bond use working for Goldfinger to his advantage?
Essay Topic 3
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)