|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond tell Goldfinger he has?
2. Why did Bond give Jill $10,000?
3. What does Goldfinger like to play for?
4. What is Alfred Blacking's job at Royal St. Marks?
5. Why does Goldfinger refuse to play golf with three people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
2. What does Oddjob demonstrate to Bond?
3. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
4. What happens at the end of the chapter?
5. How does Bond describe Goldfinger?
6. What is special about Oddjob's hat?
7. Why does Du Pont think he is being cheated?
8. How does Bond know Julius Du Pont?
9. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
10. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/shee share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)