|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Junius Du Pont?
2. Where does Colonel Smithers work?
3. What does Goldfinger mark his gold bars with?
4. What game did Du Pont lose $25,000 in?
5. What kind of club does Bond pretend to be inspecting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond know Julius Du Pont?
2. Describe Bond's car.
3. What does Bond insist Goldfinger do for him?
4. What does M want Bond to do?
5. What happens at the end of the chapter?
6. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
7. Why does Bond want to stay an extra night in Miami?
8. How does Goldfinger cheat at golf?
9. What is special about Oddjob's hat?
10. How does Bond beat Goldfinger at golf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)