|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goldfinger refuse to play golf with three people?
2. What does Du Pont give Bond a passkey for?
3. Who does Bond meet at the Bank of England?
4. What nationality is Junius Du Pont?
5. What is Hawker's job at the golf club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Smithers tell Bond about the gold trade?
2. How does Bond prepare himself before he enters Goldfinger's room?
3. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
4. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
5. How does Bond beat Goldfinger at golf?
6. Why does Du Pont think he is being cheated?
7. How does Goldfinger cheat at golf?
8. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
9. How does Blacking know Bond?
10. Why does M think Goldfinger works for SMERSH?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)