|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond want to do in Miami?
2. What does Du Pont offer Bond $10,000 dollars to do?
3. What does the Records Department need to find more information about Goldfinger?
4. What kind of shops did Goldfinger open in England?
5. What shift does Bond work at the headquarters of the British Secret Service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond think SMERSH has helped Goldfinger?
2. What do Bond and Du Pont agree?
3. How does Bond react to seeing Goldfinger?
4. What is special about Oddjob's hat?
5. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
6. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
7. What happens at the end of the chapter?
8. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
9. How did Goldfinger build up his wealth?
10. How do Bond and Goldfinger decide to play their golf game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes Goldfinger in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what way was the threat of nuclear war a theme from the 50s and 60s? How did America and Britain combat the threat of nuclear war?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)