|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond have a license to do?
2. What is the name of the golf club Bond is driving to?
3. What city does Bond have to stay in to meet Goldfinger?
4. What is Bond's ball marked with?
5. How is the Dunlop ball Bond finds different from Goldfinger's Dunlop ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does M think Goldfinger works for SMERSH?
2. How does Bond prepare himself before he enters Goldfinger's room?
3. How does Bond react to seeing Goldfinger?
4. How does Bond beat Goldfinger at golf?
5. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
6. How does Bond force Goldfinger to pay Du Pont?
7. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
8. What does Colonel Smithers tell Bond about the gold trade?
9. How does Bond think SMERSH has helped Goldfinger?
10. Why does Bond want to stay an extra night in Miami?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)