|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Junius Du Pont?
2. What system does Bond use to make a sketch of Goldfinger's face?
3. What does Du Pont offer Bond $10,000 dollars to do?
4. In which of the following countries can someone buy gold at a higher price?
5. What is the make of Bond's gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Goldfinger build up his wealth?
2. How does Blacking know Bond?
3. Why does Bond want to stay an extra night in Miami?
4. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
5. Why does M think Goldfinger works for SMERSH?
6. Describe Bond's car.
7. What does Bond see the men doing in Goldfinger's factory?
8. How does Goldfinger cheat at golf?
9. What does Oddjob demonstrate to Bond?
10. How does Du Pont describe Auric Goldfinger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
Essay Topic 2
In what way was the threat of nuclear war a theme from the 50s and 60s? How did America and Britain combat the threat of nuclear war?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)