|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond want to do in Miami?
2. What is Goldfinger wearing in his ear?
3. In which of the following countries can someone buy gold at a higher price?
4. What are several men removing from Goldfinger's car?
5. What kind of car does Bond have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond react to seeing Goldfinger?
2. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
3. What happens at the end of the chapter?
4. Describe Bond's first meeting with Goldfinger.
5. Why does M think Goldfinger works for SMERSH?
6. Why does Bond want to stay an extra night in Miami?
7. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
8. How do Bond and Goldfinger decide to play their golf game?
9. What does Oddjob demonstrate to Bond?
10. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 2
Why would someone as rich as Goldfinger want to cheat someone out of money? Why is cheating such an important theme in the book? What is Fleming's opinion on cheating and how does he express it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)