|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of company did Blackwell claim to have?
2. What is Bond's ball marked with?
3. What does M say the Bank of England has been investigating?
4. What is Universal Export's specialty?
5. What kind of ball is Bond playing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choices does Goldfinger offer Bond?
2. How does Bond break the airplane window?
3. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
4. How did the authorities find out Goldfinger was smuggling gold?
5. Describe Bond's car.
6. How does Bond think SMERSH has helped Goldfinger?
7. Describe the table Goldfinger straps Bond to.
8. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
9. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
10. How did Leiter get Bond's letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Goldfinger need Bond to work for him? How can Goldfinger ensure that Bond does not betray him? How can Bond use working for Goldfinger to his advantage?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 1,447 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)