|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Goldfinger own?
2. What is Bond feeling stressed about?
3. What kind of shops did Goldfinger open in England?
4. What shift does Bond work at the headquarters of the British Secret Service?
5. Where is Bond flying to from New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
2. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
3. What does Bond do with Goldfinger's camera?
4. What is Bond and Du Pont's plan?
5. What does M want Bond to do?
6. Why does Du Pont think he is being cheated?
7. How does Goldfinger cheat at golf?
8. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
9. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
10. How does Du Pont describe Auric Goldfinger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes Goldfinger in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)