|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who never leaves Goldfinger's room?
2. What does Goldfinger mark his gold bars with?
3. What system does Bond use to make a sketch of Goldfinger's face?
4. What kind of drug was Blackwell processing?
5. What does Goldfinger give Oddjob to eat for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about Oddjob's hat?
2. What does Bond see the men doing in Goldfinger's factory?
3. Why does Du Pont think he is being cheated?
4. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
5. How did the authorities find out Goldfinger was smuggling gold?
6. How does Bond think SMERSH has helped Goldfinger?
7. How does Blacking know Bond?
8. What does Oddjob demonstrate to Bond?
9. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
10. Describe Bond's first meeting with Goldfinger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Goldfinger need Bond to work for him? How can Goldfinger ensure that Bond does not betray him? How can Bond use working for Goldfinger to his advantage?
Essay Topic 2
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)