Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the bowler hat doing outside?
2. What kind of car does Bond have?
3. What interrupts Smithers and Bond's conversation?
4. What trade does Colonel Smithers talk to Bond about?
5. What does Du Pont give Bond a passkey for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man tell Bond about Enterprises Auric?
2. How does Masterton die?
3. How does Bond stop Tilly?
4. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
5. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
6. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
7. Describe Bond's car.
8. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
9. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
10. What does Bond insist Goldfinger do for him?
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
In what way was the threat of nuclear war a theme from the 50s and 60s? How did America and Britain combat the threat of nuclear war?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)