|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond plan to pose as?
2. What does Goldfinger mishear Bond's name as?
3. What is Bond's ball marked with?
4. What does Balcking say Goldfinger has a reputation for?
5. What sport does Goldfinger ask Bond he can play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the authorities find out Goldfinger was smuggling gold?
2. What does Bond do with Goldfinger's camera?
3. How does Bond describe Goldfinger?
4. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
5. How does Bond know Julius Du Pont?
6. What happens at the end of the chapter?
7. How does Bond beat Goldfinger at golf?
8. What does Bond see the men doing in Goldfinger's factory?
9. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
10. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Goldfinger need Bond to work for him? How can Goldfinger ensure that Bond does not betray him? How can Bond use working for Goldfinger to his advantage?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)