|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goldfinger refuse to play golf with three people?
2. What system does Bond use to make a sketch of Goldfinger's face?
3. What department does Bond telephone?
4. Who never leaves Goldfinger's room?
5. What is the woman speaking the names of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Goldfinger build up his wealth?
2. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
3. How does Bond beat Goldfinger at golf?
4. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
5. Describe Bond's car.
6. What do Bond and Du Pont agree?
7. What does Bond do with Goldfinger's camera?
8. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
9. How does Du Pont describe Auric Goldfinger?
10. How does Bond describe Goldfinger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)