Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the bowler hat doing outside?
2. What kind of car does Bond have?
3. What interrupts Smithers and Bond's conversation?
4. What trade does Colonel Smithers talk to Bond about?
5. What does Du Pont give Bond a passkey for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man tell Bond about Enterprises Auric?
2. How does Masterton die?
3. How does Bond stop Tilly?
4. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
5. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
6. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
7. Describe Bond's car.
8. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
9. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
10. What does Bond insist Goldfinger do for him?
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Goldfinger is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Goldfinger?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
This section contains 1,479 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)