|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the bowler hat doing outside?
2. What kind of car does Bond have?
3. What interrupts Smithers and Bond's conversation?
4. What trade does Colonel Smithers talk to Bond about?
5. What does Du Pont give Bond a passkey for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man tell Bond about Enterprises Auric?
2. How does Masterton die?
3. How does Bond stop Tilly?
4. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
5. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
6. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
7. Describe Bond's car.
8. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
9. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
10. What does Bond insist Goldfinger do for him?
Essay Topic 1
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/shee share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why would someone as rich as Goldfinger want to cheat someone out of money? Why is cheating such an important theme in the book? What is Fleming's opinion on cheating and how does he express it?
This section contains 1,479 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)