|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Bond's flight delayed to?
2. What is Agoraphobia?
3. What game did Du Pont lose $25,000 in?
4. What does Bond read while he waits for Goldfinger?
5. What did Goldfinger list his cargo as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond prepare himself before he enters Goldfinger's room?
2. What do Bond and Du Pont agree?
3. How did Goldfinger build up his wealth?
4. What does M want Bond to do?
5. What does Colonel Smithers tell Bond about the gold trade?
6. How does Bond force Goldfinger to pay Du Pont?
7. Describe Bond's first meeting with Goldfinger.
8. How does Bond think SMERSH has helped Goldfinger?
9. How did the authorities find out Goldfinger was smuggling gold?
10. What does Oddjob demonstrate to Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/shee share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 3
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)