|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Goldfinger's Rolls Royce?
2. What is Goldfinger's house called?
3. What kind of company did Blackwell claim to have?
4. What is the woman speaking the names of?
5. Whose fighting techniques does Bond find distasteful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
2. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
3. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
4. How does Bond react to seeing Goldfinger?
5. Why does Du Pont think he is being cheated?
6. What does Colonel Smithers tell Bond about the gold trade?
7. What is special about Oddjob's hat?
8. What does Bond see the men doing in Goldfinger's factory?
9. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
10. Why does M think Goldfinger works for SMERSH?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way was the threat of nuclear war a theme from the 50s and 60s? How did America and Britain combat the threat of nuclear war?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What makes a good spy? What are Bond's strengths and weaknesses as a spy? Why would Tilly would not make a good spy?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)