|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Bond in at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Where does Bond put his gun?
3. What sport does Colonel Smithers organize?
4. What color is Goldfinger's Rolls Royce?
5. What is the only thing that Bond can see on Goldfinger's balcony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the chapter?
2. How does Bond force Goldfinger to pay Du Pont?
3. Why does Du Pont think he is being cheated?
4. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
5. What does M want Bond to do?
6. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
7. What is special about Oddjob's hat?
8. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
9. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
10. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)