|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldfinger have to face when he plays cards?
2. What does Du Pont offer Bond $10,000 dollars to do?
3. What kind of ball is Goldfinger playing with?
4. What trade does Colonel Smithers talk to Bond about?
5. What did the Mexican threaten Bond with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goldfinger cheat at golf?
2. Why does Bond want to stay an extra night in Miami?
3. What does M want Bond to do?
4. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
5. How did the authorities find out Goldfinger was smuggling gold?
6. How do Bond and Goldfinger decide to play their golf game?
7. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
8. What is Bond and Du Pont's plan?
9. How does Bond force Goldfinger to pay Du Pont?
10. What does Oddjob demonstrate to Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)