|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bond go on a romantic train ride with?
2. What game did Du Pont lose $25,000 in?
3. What interrupts Smithers and Bond's conversation?
4. What does Goldfinger hit his ball into on the seventeenth hole?
5. What is Bond's ball marked with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond want to stay an extra night in Miami?
2. How does Bond react to seeing Goldfinger?
3. How does Blacking know Bond?
4. How did Goldfinger build up his wealth?
5. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
6. How did Bond break up the heroin smuggling ring?
7. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
8. How does Bond prepare himself before he enters Goldfinger's room?
9. How does Goldfinger cheat at golf?
10. Why does Goldfinger not want to swap seats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Goldfinger add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) The goldtrade
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)