Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the bowler hat doing outside?
2. What kind of car does Bond have?
3. What interrupts Smithers and Bond's conversation?
4. What trade does Colonel Smithers talk to Bond about?
5. What does Du Pont give Bond a passkey for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man tell Bond about Enterprises Auric?
2. How does Masterton die?
3. How does Bond stop Tilly?
4. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
5. What is Colonel Smithers interrupted by?
6. How did Bond kill the Mexican drug courier?
7. Describe Bond's car.
8. How does Goldfinger get clearance to fly over Fort Knox?
9. Why does Bond think Tilly is not a proper spy?
10. What does Bond insist Goldfinger do for him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes Goldfinger in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Why is gambling such a big part of Bond books? Do you think Bond would have still accepted the golf bet with Goldfinger if he were not assigned to track him? In what way does gambling add excitement to the golf game that may not have been there otherwise?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)