|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Bond flying to?
2. What does Bond want to do in Miami?
3. What does M say the Bank of England has been investigating?
4. What kind of ball is Goldfinger playing with?
5. What does Bond plan to pose as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What research does Bond have to do for his book?
2. What does Bond insist Goldfinger do for him?
3. How is Goldfinger spying on Du Pont's cards?
4. How does Blacking know Bond?
5. How did Goldfinger build up his wealth?
6. Describe Bond's car.
7. How does Bond prepare himself before he enters Goldfinger's room?
8. What does M want Bond to do?
9. Describe Bond's first meeting with Goldfinger.
10. How does Bond force Goldfinger to pay Du Pont?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes Goldfinger in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Why would someone as rich as Goldfinger want to cheat someone out of money? Why is cheating such an important theme in the book? What is Fleming's opinion on cheating and how does he express it?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)