|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond say he is thinking of moving to?
2. Whose fighting techniques does Bond find distasteful?
3. What is the name of the golf club Bond is driving to?
4. What does Balcking say Goldfinger has a reputation for?
5. What does Du Pont give Bond a passkey for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the authorities find out Goldfinger was smuggling gold?
2. What does Bond do with Goldfinger's camera?
3. How does Goldfinger convince everyone he can rob Fort Knox?
4. How does Bond try and find information on Goldfinger?
5. How does Bond know Julius Du Pont?
6. What choices does Goldfinger offer Bond?
7. What does Bond see the men doing in Goldfinger's factory?
8. How does Goldfinger impress the gang members?
9. How does Bond beat Goldfinger at golf?
10. What does Bond say to Goldfinger?
Essay Topic 1
In 1964 Goldfinger was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was the threat of nuclear war a theme from the 50s and 60s? How did America and Britain combat the threat of nuclear war?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/shee share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 1,529 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)