|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny say that they are less than a thousand feet from?
2. What is the thief's name that Big King learns about?
3. Who sits in the Rolls Royce with Teresa questioning line managers?
4. Who is the old rival that competes with Johnny?
5. Whose shares does Manfred want to purchase before drilling begins to become a rich man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Big King. What is his role in "Gold Mine"? What was Smith trying to accomplish by creating Big King's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Rod grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Travel through mining areas appears throughout "Gold Mine". Who travels? Who stays behind? In what ways are characters motivated by their ability to travel? What is their effect on other characters and their lives? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)