|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rod taken on his way to the surface after his injury?
(a) Mine stretcher.
(b) Pole vault.
2. How much time does Rod have to complete his drilling assignment?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 9 furlongs.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 12 days.
3. What gesture alerts Manfred to his wife's infidelity?
(a) Throwing things.
(b) Her playing with his hair.
(c) Her nervous hand movements.
(d) Touching Rod's arm.
4. Who does Rod recruit for his assignment?
(a) Johnny and Davy.
(b) Joseph and King.
(c) Peter and Stuart.
(d) Allen and Mark.
5. Who is the only one to survive the flooding water?
(a) Big King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the person(s) who are looking for gold use?
2. Who hears the blast before slipping into unconsciousness?
3. Who arrives just before Rod leaves to work on the circuit?
4. What does Johnny say that they are less than a thousand feet from?
5. What breaks Rod's arms in Chapter 69?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)