|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are missing in total in the mine?
2. Who comes to monitor the seismic activity in the area?
(a) Big King.
(c) Mary Anne.
3. What benefits from adjusting the air conditioning?
(b) Trumpet lilies.
4. Where does one of the richest and most influential men in Africa have his office?
(a) Reef House.
(b) Underground Cafe.
(c) Dam Plaza.
(d) Water Tavern.
5. Who watches Rod leave the Steyner house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does King go after the mining ceremony?
2. What is Rod offered in exchange for his loyalty by the host?
3. Who does Teresa promote to be in the General Manager position?
4. Where are Teresa and Rod left alone in Chapter 33?
5. Who appears attractive to Rod as he leaves the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dan pleasantly surprised by his evening out with Rod?
2. Where is Frank Lemmler during the blast at the mine?
3. Describe Rob's meeting at the head office with Manfred about drilling after the accident.
4. How does the Inspector begin to put together the real story of Jose's death?
5. How do men die in the mine from Davy's mistake?
6. Why does Big King feel defeated about the murder and theft?
7. Describe Johnny.
8. Describe Teresa's reaction at the awards ceremony.
9. Why is Melanie's mother angry at Rod?
10. Describe Hurry Hirschfield.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)