|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rod feel the need to please and conducts time-delayed blasts in the mine?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His shareholders.
(d) His boss.
2. Who does Rod pull out of the stopes while he does his investigation?
3. Where does Teresa meet her grandfather in Chapter 31?
(a) President Hotel.
(b) His house.
(c) Her house.
(d) Underground Lair.
4. What does the person watching Rod leave the Steyner house do for a second time?
(a) Write furiously.
(c) Wash hands.
5. What benefits from adjusting the air conditioning?
(d) Trumpet lilies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hidden in a storage bin working its way through holes in Chapter 16?
2. In what city does one of the richest and most influential men in Africa live?
3. What part of the house that Rod visits is spectacular?
4. What does the drill cut into that is disastrous?
5. Where does King go after the mining ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do men die in the mine from Davy's mistake?
2. What do the four Bantu workers in the mine do secretly that Rod fails to notice when he walks around with Herbert.
3. Describe the assault in the mine.
4. Describe what happens to Rod and Terry after he gets promoted.
5. Why does Hurry hate the office he works in?
6. What does Hurry tell King's family?
7. How does Rod meet Teresa?
8. What happens when the machine boy stumbles and water spurts out in the mine?
9. How does the Inspector begin to put together the real story of Jose's death?
10. What does Manfred offer Rod in Chapter 8?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)