|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rod notice on Joseph's lip?
(b) Cigarette burns.
2. Where does Dan want Rod to go to help with an assault case?
(a) First aid station.
(b) Main office.
(c) His house.
(d) Mining rig.
3. How many people are gathered in the mining hall?
4. What is ninety-five-hundred feet beneath the earth?
(a) Lobby station.
(b) Bat's nest.
5. Who summons Rod to come to his house after the death of the general manager?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dead men does Rod see underground?
2. Who tamps the Dynagel into the shot holes?
3. In what city does one of the richest and most influential men in Africa live?
4. Who is waiting to see King after the awards ceremony?
5. Who is one of the finest drill operators in the mining industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the machine boy stumbles and water spurts out in the mine?
2. Why does Manfred need Teresa's help?
3. Describe the assault in the mine.
4. What do the four Bantu workers in the mine do secretly that Rod fails to notice when he walks around with Herbert.
5. Describe what happens to Rod and Terry after he gets promoted.
6. What does Manfred ask Rod to do in terms of drilling after he reads the report on the drilling site?
7. Why is Hurry angry at Rod and what does he do about it?
8. Describe Joseph M'Kati.
9. How does Rod meet Teresa?
10. Describe Hurry Hirschfield.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)