|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose help does Manfred need to pay his debt?
(a) King's brother.
(b) Allen's wife.
(c) Rod's daughter.
(d) Teresa's grandfather.
2. What will the men receive in return for flooding 5 mines?
(a) Free insurance.
(b) Trip around the world.
(c) A diamond.
(d) Million dollars.
3. Who appears attractive to Rod as he leaves the house?
4. Where does King go after the mining ceremony?
(a) His engine room.
(b) Recruiting Agency Ofﬁce.
(c) His employer's suite.
(d) The laundromat.
5. Who does Rod feel the need to please and conducts time-delayed blasts in the mine?
(a) His boss.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His shareholders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who designed the office environment for one of the richest and most influential men in Africa?
2. When Manfred gets home from gambling, whose room does he enter?
3. What does Rod's host share with him in Chapter 7 about himself?
4. When Big King leads his Shangaan's back to Dump town at a trot, what is he singing?
5. What does King order in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny start drilling quicker than others?
2. Describe Teresa's reaction at the awards ceremony.
3. Why does Davy make a mistake at the mine on duty?
4. Describe Johnny and Constantine's altercation at the hotel where he goes dancing.
5. What happens when the machine boy stumbles and water spurts out in the mine?
6. Why is Manfred disgusted by the man sitting next to him on the plane?
7. What is Manfred's week of triumphs entail in Europe?
8. How does Dan rescue Terry?
9. Why does Big King feel defeated about the murder and theft?
10. Describe Teresa's influence on Hurry.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)