|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is already crowded with emergency personnel?
(a) Big King.
(b) Mary Anne.
(c) Boss' living room.
(d) Rod's house.
2. What propels Manfred to lose at a specific game, despite knowing the odds are suicidal from a ﬁnancial standpoint?
(a) Bad luck.
3. Who does Rod tell the man in his office will be in touch with him?
4. Where is Rod when he gets a call from Dan Stander?
(a) Corporate headquarters.
(b) Mining job.
(c) Underground tour.
(d) Home inspection.
5. Who starts to well up with tears watching Rod at the meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Teresa meet her grandfather in Chapter 31?
2. What does the man next to Manfred on the plane do that makes him smell bad?
3. What does the person watching Rod leave the Steyner house do for a second time?
4. What does the general manager die of?
5. What does the man waiting in Rod's office admit to doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the mining men rescued and what kind of blasts do they use and why?
2. How does the Inspector begin to put together the real story of Jose's death?
3. How does Dan rescue Terry?
4. Describe Rob's meeting at the head office with Manfred about drilling after the accident.
5. Describe how Joseph has hidden gold from his employer.
6. Why does Big King feel defeated about the murder and theft?
7. How does Allen guide the foreman?
8. What makes Manfred jealous of Rod?
9. How is Dan pleasantly surprised by his evening out with Rod?
10. Describe Teresa's reaction at the awards ceremony.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)