|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tamps the Dynagel into the shot holes?
2. What is the strange sound that Rod hears underground?
(a) A man sobbing.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A bird chirping.
(d) A girl laughing.
3. Where has Rod gotten a job?
(c) Sonder Ditch.
4. Who does Rod give some time off the stopes after the accident?
5. Who is waiting for Rod when he returns to his office in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drill cut into that is disastrous?
2. Who summons Rod to come to his house after the death of the general manager?
3. Who feels the earth shake in Chapter 1?
4. What is the tribe that King sees when he enters the Shebee?
5. Who is is one of the richest and most influential men in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Manfred's week of triumphs entail in Europe?
2. Why does Manfred need Teresa's help?
3. What is Manfred's typical gambling streak of losing?
4. Describe Johnny and Constantine's altercation at the hotel where he goes dancing.
5. How does Manfred deceive Rod while he spies on him?
6. What happens when King learns that Jose is stealing from them?
7. What excites Manfred about the report he receives about drilling?
8. Describe Rod and Joseph's interaction in Chapter 21.
9. How is Dan pleasantly surprised by his evening out with Rod?
10. Describe Joseph M'Kati.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)