|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny's last drilling create?
(a) A new economy.
(b) Rubble and confusion.
(c) A ton of noise.
(d) Methane gas pocket.
2. What does Rod take to get down into the mining shaft?
(a) A boat.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A swing.
(d) A rope.
3. Whose house does Rod go to under summons?
4. Who buys as much stock as he can get without drawing attention to himself?
5. Who does Rod decide to plant in the reduction works to prevent stealing of gold?
(a) A stripper.
(b) A pharmacist.
(c) A Bantu policeman.
(d) A night watchman.
6. Who is the detective who comes to investigate the death of a miner?
7. Who does Rod seduce?
8. What does Rod order King to blast?
9. What kind of plane does Teresa have?
10. Who is the only one to survive the flooding water?
(c) Big King.
11. Who does King go to talk to after drilling half way?
(c) Crooked Leg.
12. What do the person(s) who are looking for gold use?
(a) Mercury coated wire.
(b) Leather strips.
(c) Oil strips.
(d) Wax belts.
13. What does Manfred look over that Andrew gave him in Chapter 42?
14. Who puts his hand on Hettie's thigh after the fight her husband has?
15. Who boils the mercury to release the gold?
(a) The client.
(c) Crooked Leg.
(d) The managing director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to be let off his mining contract?
2. When does Johnny and his crew reach the serpentine rock?
3. Who allows Big King to charge up the blasting holes which also saves time?
4. Whose shares does Manfred want to purchase before drilling begins to become a rich man?
5. How much time does Rod have to complete his drilling assignment?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)