|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rod taken on his way to the surface after his injury?
(c) Mine stretcher.
(d) Pole vault.
2. What kind of plane does Teresa have?
3. How far up do Rod and King need to push the boat?
(a) 800 ft.
(b) 700 ft.
(c) 900 ft.
(d) 1000 ft.
4. What does Rod try to shoot to lessen the damage to the mine?
(a) Broken lamp.
(b) Circuit wire.
(c) Red light.
(d) Hanging wall.
5. Who boils the mercury to release the gold?
(a) The client.
(b) Crooked Leg.
(c) The managing director.
6. What area does Manfred want to drill through?
(c) Big Dipper.
7. Who doesn't wait the mandatory thirty minutes after each blast?
8. What does Davy take out of his pocket?
9. Who nurses his thumb listening to the news?
10. What does Rod take to get down into the mining shaft?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A swing.
(c) A rope.
(d) A boat.
11. Where does Johnny go to drink and dance?
(a) Paris Embassy.
(b) Malibu hut.
(c) St. John resort.
(d) Lord Kitchener Hotel.
12. Who dances the twist with Johnny?
13. Who is the manager of the Reduction works?
14. When Rod leaves for a meeting, who greets him?
15. What did Johnny's last drilling create?
(a) Methane gas pocket.
(b) A new economy.
(c) Rubble and confusion.
(d) A ton of noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What companies get alarmed seeing the purchase of stock?
2. Who buys as much stock as he can get without drawing attention to himself?
3. Who is waiting for Manfred at his hotel?
4. When does Johnny and his crew reach the serpentine rock?
5. Who is is still with the general manager after her thirty-day probation period passes?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)