|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Dan fallen in love with?
2. What smell does Rod find overpowering?
(a) Rotten eggs.
(b) Methane gas.
(c) Oil leak.
(d) Burning flesh.
3. Who is relieved to hear the news of the death of the men?
4. Who does Rod decide to plant in the reduction works to prevent stealing of gold?
(a) A Bantu policeman.
(b) A pharmacist.
(c) A stripper.
(d) A night watchman.
5. What does Johnny say that they are less than a thousand feet from?
(d) Well spring.
6. What is the thief's name that Big King learns about?
(a) Crooked Leg.
(b) John Delange.
(c) Peter Weil.
(d) Josè Almeida
7. Who is the old rival that competes with Johnny?
(c) Big King.
8. Who is apoplectic as the price of stock rises and falls?
(d) Fat man.
9. What is necessary for Rod's mission?
(a) Greed and gambling.
(b) Secrecy and speed.
(c) Precision and agility.
(d) Wealth and ambition.
10. What does Johnny send Big King to go get in Chapter 65?
11. Whose car did Manfred vandalize?
12. What did Johnny's last drilling create?
(a) A ton of noise.
(b) Rubble and confusion.
(c) A new economy.
(d) Methane gas pocket.
13. Who puts his hand on Hettie's thigh after the fight her husband has?
14. Who feels guilty and confesses to the Inspector?
(a) Crooked Leg.
15. Who does Rod ask for help to repair the circuit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rod take to get down into the mining shaft?
2. What breaks Rod's arms in Chapter 69?
3. Who flirts with Davy on the fifth day of drilling?
4. Who gives Rod a needle full of morphine?
5. Who does Manfred employ to spy on his wife?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)