|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who boils the mercury to release the gold?
(a) The managing director.
(c) The client.
(d) Crooked Leg.
2. Where do Teresa and Rod go after they get in her plane?
(a) Her ivory tower.
(b) Her father's shooting lodge.
(c) Her underground lair.
(d) Her husband's mansion.
3. Who benefits from Davy's death?
(a) Peter and Weiss.
(b) Hettie and Johnny.
(c) Allen and Mark.
(d) Rod and Teresa.
4. What does Johnny say that they are less than a thousand feet from?
(b) Well spring.
5. Who nurses his thumb listening to the news?
6. What breaks Rod's arms in Chapter 69?
(a) 2 poles.
(b) 2 timbers.
(c) 2 shafts.
(d) 2 men.
7. How much money has Manfred lost in the stock market?
(b) 8 million.
(c) 1 million.
8. Who is waiting for Manfred at his hotel?
9. Who appears to be the mastermind behind a plan to flood the mine?
(d) Fat man.
10. Who does Manfred employ to spy on his wife?
(a) Peterson Investigations.
(b) Holmes Watch.
(c) Detective Sleuth.
(d) Phone Record.
11. Who is envious of Rod's new position?
(a) His former boss.
(b) His former partner.
(c) His former wife.
(d) His former roommate.
12. The run on what mining area begins in Chapter 61?
(b) Malibu Green.
(c) Sonder Ditch.
13. Who is getting a good grasp of the surface operations?
14. What does Rod order King to blast?
15. How many men die at the drilling site?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rod decide to plant in the reduction works to prevent stealing of gold?
2. What does Rod want before he begins drilling?
3. Who ﬁnishes designing the angle and depth of the holes he wants drilled?
4. Who flirts with Davy on the fifth day of drilling?
5. On what river does Terry have horses?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)