|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rod taken on his way to the surface after his injury?
(a) Pole vault.
(d) Mine stretcher.
2. Who tells Big King about a thief?
(b) Crooked Leg.
3. Who goes duck hunting?
(a) Johnny and Davy.
(b) Hetchie and Allison.
(c) Jason and Erik.
(d) Rod and Teresa.
4. What is the thief's name that Big King learns about?
(a) Josè Almeida
(b) Peter Weil.
(c) John Delange.
(d) Crooked Leg.
5. What does Johnny send Big King to go get in Chapter 65?
6. What do the person(s) who are looking for gold use?
(a) Mercury coated wire.
(b) Oil strips.
(c) Wax belts.
(d) Leather strips.
7. Who is the only one to survive the flooding water?
(a) Big King.
8. What breaks Rod's arms in Chapter 69?
(a) 2 timbers.
(b) 2 men.
(c) 2 shafts.
(d) 2 poles.
9. Who is apoplectic as the price of stock rises and falls?
(a) Fat man.
10. Who does Manfred meet in Paris?
(a) Pierre Teillard.
(c) General de Gaulle.
(d) Lois de Tremblay.
11. Who does Rod ask for help to repair the circuit?
12. What does Rod tell Johnny after he reaches the serpentine rock?
(a) You did great.
(b) You are on holiday.
(c) You are in trouble.
(d) You are fired.
13. When does Johnny and his crew reach the serpentine rock?
(a) 2 of December.
(b) 16 of December.
(c) 11 of September.
(d) 24 of March.
14. What did Johnny's last drilling create?
(a) A ton of noise.
(b) Rubble and confusion.
(c) A new economy.
(d) Methane gas pocket.
15. What does Rod try to shoot to lessen the damage to the mine?
(a) Hanging wall.
(b) Broken lamp.
(c) Circuit wire.
(d) Red light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who benefits from Davy's death?
2. Whose shares does Manfred want to purchase before drilling begins to become a rich man?
3. The run on what mining area begins in Chapter 61?
4. What smell does Rod find overpowering?
5. What intention does Teresa announce about her husband?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)