|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the person(s) who are looking for gold use?
(a) Oil strips.
(b) Wax belts.
(c) Mercury coated wire.
(d) Leather strips.
2. Who does Manfred employ to spy on his wife?
(a) Holmes Watch.
(b) Detective Sleuth.
(c) Peterson Investigations.
(d) Phone Record.
3. Who does Rod ask for help to repair the circuit?
4. Who flirts with Davy on the fifth day of drilling?
5. Who is worried about not feeling guilty about a new love affair?
6. Who allows Big King to charge up the blasting holes which also saves time?
7. Who sits in the Rolls Royce with Teresa questioning line managers?
8. Who benefits from Davy's death?
(a) Peter and Weiss.
(b) Allen and Mark.
(c) Hettie and Johnny.
(d) Rod and Teresa.
9. What is Rod's daughter's name?
10. When does Johnny and his crew reach the serpentine rock?
(a) 24 of March.
(b) 11 of September.
(c) 2 of December.
(d) 16 of December.
11. Who feels guilty and confesses to the Inspector?
(d) Crooked Leg.
12. What is necessary for Rod's mission?
(a) Wealth and ambition.
(b) Greed and gambling.
(c) Precision and agility.
(d) Secrecy and speed.
13. Who does King go to talk to after drilling half way?
(b) Crooked Leg.
14. The run on what mining area begins in Chapter 61?
(a) Sonder Ditch.
(d) Malibu Green.
15. What is the thief's name that Big King learns about?
(a) John Delange.
(b) Josè Almeida
(c) Crooked Leg.
(d) Peter Weil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is angry when Rod shows up to share condolences
2. Who takes Manfred to the airport before his trip to Europe?
3. Who appears to be diligent but secretly is looking for gold?
4. What does Rod try to shoot to lessen the damage to the mine?
5. Who is the old rival that competes with Johnny?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)