|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King go to talk to after drilling half way?
(b) Crooked Leg.
2. Who puts his hand on Hettie's thigh after the fight her husband has?
3. What does Rod try to shoot to lessen the damage to the mine?
(a) Broken lamp.
(b) Hanging wall.
(c) Circuit wire.
(d) Red light.
4. Whose car did Manfred vandalize?
5. How much time does Rod have to complete his drilling assignment?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 9 furlongs.
6. How much money has Manfred lost in the stock market?
(a) 8 million.
(d) 1 million.
7. Who is apoplectic as the price of stock rises and falls?
(b) Fat man.
8. Who does Rod ask for help to repair the circuit?
9. What is Rod taken on his way to the surface after his injury?
(a) Mine stretcher.
(b) Pole vault.
10. Who asks to be let off his mining contract?
11. How many days does Manfred have to gamble before the conference begins?
12. Who boils the mercury to release the gold?
(a) The client.
(c) Crooked Leg.
(d) The managing director.
13. What kind of plane does Teresa have?
14. Who is is still with the general manager after her thirty-day probation period passes?
15. Where does Johnny go to drink and dance?
(a) St. John resort.
(b) Paris Embassy.
(c) Malibu hut.
(d) Lord Kitchener Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who benefits from Davy's death?
2. What does Rod want before he begins drilling?
3. What do the person(s) who are looking for gold use?
4. How far up do Rod and King need to push the boat?
5. How many men die at the drilling site?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)