|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the person(s) who are looking for gold use?
(a) Oil strips.
(b) Wax belts.
(c) Mercury coated wire.
(d) Leather strips.
2. Who is is still with the general manager after her thirty-day probation period passes?
3. What is the thief's name that Big King learns about?
(a) Josè Almeida
(b) Crooked Leg.
(c) John Delange.
(d) Peter Weil.
4. What area does Manfred want to drill through?
(d) Big Dipper.
5. When Rod leaves for a meeting, who greets him?
6. Who feels guilty and confesses to the Inspector?
(d) Crooked Leg.
7. What companies get alarmed seeing the purchase of stock?
8. Who is relieved to hear the news of the death of the men?
9. On what river does Terry have horses?
10. Who has Dan fallen in love with?
11. What did Johnny's last drilling create?
(a) A ton of noise.
(b) Rubble and confusion.
(c) Methane gas pocket.
(d) A new economy.
12. Who is apoplectic as the price of stock rises and falls?
(b) Fat man.
13. Who does Rod decide to plant in the reduction works to prevent stealing of gold?
(a) A stripper.
(b) A pharmacist.
(c) A night watchman.
(d) A Bantu policeman.
14. Whose car did Manfred vandalize?
15. What does Rod tell Johnny after he reaches the serpentine rock?
(a) You did great.
(b) You are fired.
(c) You are in trouble.
(d) You are on holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is envious of Rod's new position?
2. Who does King go to talk to after drilling half way?
3. Who appears to be the mastermind behind a plan to flood the mine?
4. Who does Manfred employ to spy on his wife?
5. Whose naked body does Davy see?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)