|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what river does Terry have horses?
2. How many days does Manfred have to gamble before the conference begins?
3. Who dances the twist with Johnny?
4. Who does Manfred meet in Paris?
(a) Lois de Tremblay.
(b) General de Gaulle.
(d) Pierre Teillard.
5. Who waits at the top of the shaft in Chapter 69?
6. What does Johnny say that they are less than a thousand feet from?
(d) Well spring.
7. What does Johnny send Big King to go get in Chapter 65?
8. Who is envious of Rod's new position?
(a) His former boss.
(b) His former partner.
(c) His former roommate.
(d) His former wife.
9. Who boils the mercury to release the gold?
(b) Crooked Leg.
(c) The managing director.
(d) The client.
10. What area does Manfred want to drill through?
(a) Big Dipper.
11. Where do Teresa and Rod go after they get in her plane?
(a) Her husband's mansion.
(b) Her father's shooting lodge.
(c) Her underground lair.
(d) Her ivory tower.
12. Whose car did Manfred vandalize?
13. How much time does Rod have to complete his drilling assignment?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 9 furlongs.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
14. Who is relieved to hear the news of the death of the men?
15. Who is the detective who comes to investigate the death of a miner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one to survive the flooding water?
2. What does Rod tell Johnny after he reaches the serpentine rock?
3. Who is is still with the general manager after her thirty-day probation period passes?
4. Where do Rod and Terry celebrate his promotion?
5. Who benefits from Davy's death?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)