|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to monitor the seismic activity in the area?
(a) Mary Anne.
(c) Big King.
2. For what area is the geology and hydrophysics discussed regarding the mine?
(a) Big Dipper.
(b) Niagara Falls.
(c) Stillwater Creek.
(d) Talking Lions.
3. Where does one of the richest and most influential men in Africa have his office?
(a) Reef House.
(b) Dam Plaza.
(c) Water Tavern.
(d) Underground Cafe.
4. Who approaches Rod and tells him that his boss boy has ﬁnished his ticket?
5. How much Rand does Manfred owe in his gambling debt?
6. Where does King go after the mining ceremony?
(a) Recruiting Agency Ofﬁce.
(b) The laundromat.
(c) His engine room.
(d) His employer's suite.
7. What does Rod's host share with him in Chapter 7 about himself?
8. Where is Rod when he gets a call from Dan Stander?
(a) Underground tour.
(b) Corporate headquarters.
(c) Home inspection.
(d) Mining job.
9. When Rod's visitor leaves, he falls and hits what part of his body on a desk?
10. Who is waiting to see King after the awards ceremony?
(c) Crooked Leg.
11. What does the man waiting in Rod's office admit to doing?
(a) Sleeping with his wife.
(b) Not paying his bills.
(c) Beating another man.
(d) Stealing from him.
12. Where has Rod gotten a job?
(b) Sonder Ditch.
13. What will Rod receive as a result of his new job position?
14. Who feels the earth shake in Chapter 1?
(a) Big King.
(d) Mary Anne.
15. After the blasting is done, how many bodies are recovered from the mine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of award is mentioned that will be given out as a result of the accident to Rod in Chapter 10?
2. When Rod visits Joseph's station, what is he doing?
3. Where did the assault that Dan wants to discuss happen?
4. Where does Teresa meet her grandfather in Chapter 31?
5. How old is the top rock breaker in the Sonder Ditch?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)