|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the injured manager's body is removed?
2. What does the man next to Manfred on the plane do that makes him smell bad?
(a) Throw up on Manfred.
(b) Take his shirt off and smoke.
(c) Drink whiskey and pass gas.
(d) Spill Chinese food everywhere.
3. Who starts to well up with tears watching Rod at the meeting?
4. Who does Rod feel the need to please and conducts time-delayed blasts in the mine?
(a) His boss.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His shareholders.
5. Who is one of the finest drill operators in the mining industry?
6. Who approaches Rod and tells him that his boss boy has ﬁnished his ticket?
7. How many people are gathered in the mining hall?
8. What does the man waiting in Rod's office admit to doing?
(a) Beating another man.
(b) Sleeping with his wife.
(c) Stealing from him.
(d) Not paying his bills.
9. What will the men receive in return for flooding 5 mines?
(a) Million dollars.
(b) Free insurance.
(c) A diamond.
(d) Trip around the world.
10. What does the office environment mentioned in Chapter 11 resemble?
(a) A brothel.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A wealthy government office.
(d) A modern high-rise.
11. Who does Rod convince to go with him when he meets Teresa in Chapter 33?
12. What does the drill cut into that is disastrous?
(a) Water main.
13. Whose help does Manfred need to pay his debt?
(a) Allen's wife.
(b) King's brother.
(c) Rod's daughter.
(d) Teresa's grandfather.
14. What does Manfred ask his caller on the phone for permission to do?
(b) Give up.
15. Who does Rod tell the man in his office will be in touch with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rod offered in exchange for his loyalty by the host?
2. What is ninety-five-hundred feet beneath the earth?
3. Who is called in to pull out the General Manager?
4. Where has Rod gotten a job?
5. Who feels the earth shake in Chapter 1?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)