|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefits from adjusting the air conditioning?
(a) Trumpet lilies.
2. How many people wait in a room behind one-way glass?
3. For what area is the geology and hydrophysics discussed regarding the mine?
(a) Stillwater Creek.
(b) Niagara Falls.
(c) Big Dipper.
(d) Talking Lions.
4. How many stitches did the man injured in an assault in the mine receive?
5. What does the drill cut into that is disastrous?
(a) Water main.
6. Who does Rod pull out of the stopes while he does his investigation?
7. What does the man next to Manfred on the plane do that makes him smell bad?
(a) Take his shirt off and smoke.
(b) Spill Chinese food everywhere.
(c) Drink whiskey and pass gas.
(d) Throw up on Manfred.
8. Whose death does Rod acknowledge at the mining meeting?
9. Whose help does Manfred need to pay his debt?
(a) Allen's wife.
(b) King's brother.
(c) Rod's daughter.
(d) Teresa's grandfather.
10. Who does Rod feel the need to please and conducts time-delayed blasts in the mine?
(a) His wife.
(b) His boss.
(c) His father.
(d) His shareholders.
11. What is hidden in a storage bin working its way through holes in Chapter 16?
12. How many men are missing in total in the mine?
13. What is the strange sound that Rod hears underground?
(a) A girl laughing.
(b) A bird chirping.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A man sobbing.
14. Who is waiting for Rod when he returns to his office in Chapter 23?
15. What does King order in Chapter 35?
(a) Malt Whiskey.
(b) Eagle Brandy.
(c) Wolf Gin.
(d) Liquor Rage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears attractive to Rod as he leaves the house?
2. What is Rod offered in exchange for his loyalty by the host?
3. What does Rod notice on Joseph's lip?
4. Where did the assault that Dan wants to discuss happen?
5. After the blasting is done, how many bodies are recovered from the mine?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)