|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the injured manager's body is removed?
2. Who does Rod tell the man in his office will be in touch with him?
3. When Manfred gets home from gambling, whose room does he enter?
4. How many men are missing in total in the mine?
5. What does the man waiting in Rod's office admit to doing?
(a) Beating another man.
(b) Sleeping with his wife.
(c) Stealing from him.
(d) Not paying his bills.
6. Who summons Rod to come to his house after the death of the general manager?
7. Where does Teresa meet her grandfather in Chapter 31?
(a) Her house.
(b) President Hotel.
(c) His house.
(d) Underground Lair.
8. Who is the top rock breaker in the Sonder Ditch?
9. Who approaches Rod and tells him that his boss boy has ﬁnished his ticket?
10. What does Manfred's caller on the phone ask about?
(a) If their man is in.
(b) If he is available.
(c) If they won.
(d) If they can play.
11. Who is one of the finest drill operators in the mining industry?
12. What does Manfred lose at?
13. What does Manfred ask his caller on the phone for permission to do?
(c) Give up.
14. How old is the top rock breaker in the Sonder Ditch?
15. How many dead men does Rod see underground?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is already crowded with emergency personnel?
2. Who is is one of the richest and most influential men in Africa?
3. Whose death does Rod acknowledge at the mining meeting?
4. What does Rod's host share with him in Chapter 7 about himself?
5. Where does one of the richest and most influential men in Africa have his office?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)