|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manfred's caller on the phone ask about?
(a) If they can play.
(b) If their man is in.
(c) If he is available.
(d) If they won.
2. Who does Rod convince to go with him when he meets Teresa in Chapter 33?
3. What does the drill cut into that is disastrous?
(a) Water main.
4. What does Joseph turn off once Rod leaves?
(b) Machine gun.
5. In what city does one of the richest and most influential men in Africa live?
6. How old is the top rock breaker in the Sonder Ditch?
7. Who appears attractive to Rod as he leaves the house?
8. Where does Teresa meet her grandfather in Chapter 31?
(a) His house.
(b) Underground Lair.
(c) President Hotel.
(d) Her house.
9. Whose help does Manfred need to pay his debt?
(a) Rod's daughter.
(b) Teresa's grandfather.
(c) Allen's wife.
(d) King's brother.
10. What does Manfred lose at?
11. Where is Rod when he gets a call from Dan Stander?
(a) Mining job.
(b) Home inspection.
(c) Corporate headquarters.
(d) Underground tour.
12. What does the office environment mentioned in Chapter 11 resemble?
(a) A brothel.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A modern high-rise.
(d) A wealthy government office.
13. Who does Rod take with him as he goes to work at his new office?
14. Where does the person who invited Manfred to gamble stay?
15. How many stitches did the man injured in an assault in the mine receive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rod notice on Joseph's lip?
2. Who designed the office environment for one of the richest and most influential men in Africa?
3. What is the tribe that King sees when he enters the Shebee?
4. What does Manfred ask his caller on the phone for permission to do?
5. What event will occur while Manfred is away in Paris that his wife will attend?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)