Chapters 1 - 5
• Rod Ironsides feels the earth shake and calls Dr. Peter Wessels to monitor the seismic activity in the area.
• Rod calls for the boss and when the white phone rings, the voice on the other end is ripe with fear.
• Section 43 has collapsed.
• Rod hurries to the shaft head Mary Anne, which is already crowded with emergency personnel.
• When they reach the bottom, they transfer to the sub-main Mary Anne which takes them down further still.
• Rod takes note that only two men are dead so far. Rod leads the way into the collapsed area where the dust is still thick, calling out instructions as he goes.
• He follows a map in his head unerringly until he hears the man screaming and alternately sobbing.
• A crawling hole is the only access to the man stuck under the rock, and two shots of morphine have not been...
This section contains 5,019 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)