|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Ruth receive at work in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) To be Mr. Davis's private secretary.
(b) A pay raise.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) A new office.
2. What was Jesse told to stop while he was working earlier that day?
(a) The protestors from protesting.
(b) Prisoners from yelling.
(c) People from screaming outside.
(d) The singers from singing.
3. Where is the narrator's sister from in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(a) The American East.
(b) The American West.
(c) The American South.
(d) The American North.
4. Where did the teacher's wife learn Sonny was not going, during his stay while the teacher was overseas?
(a) Taking tests.
(c) Going to school.
(d) His homework.
5. What does Jesse tell his wife about when he can't sleep?
(a) A protest from when he was a kid.
(b) A pig roast when he was a kid.
(c) A protest that took place that day.
(d) A protest that took place 2 days ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of This Morning, This Evening, So Soon afraid for?
2. Where is Jesse lying at the beginning of Going to Meet the Man?
3. What does Jesse's wife tell him to do at the start of Going to Meet the Man?
4. How did the teacher's uncle die in Sonny's Blues?
5. What does Sonny say heroin does for his artistic creativity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jess frustrated at the beginning of Going to Meet the Man?
2. What did Jesse see in his mother and father's face when he was 8 years old?
3. What happened the last time the narrator went to America in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
4. Describe Mr. Davis.
5. Describe why Jesse is not surprised to see who the protesters leader is?
6. Describe what Ruth says to the narrator in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon.
7. What was Jesse told to stop at work that day in Going to Meet the Man?
8. In Going to Meet the Man, what does the memory of 8 year old Jesse allow him to do as an adult?
9. Describe where the narrator currently lives in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon.
10. Describe how the teacher's daughter dies.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)