|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonny's Blues, when did the teacher's daughter die?
(a) After her 3rd birthday.
(b) After Sonny went to prison.
(c) When he was 30.
(d) After her 2nd birthday.
2. What begins to play in Jesse's head as he thinks about the unacceptable idea of burning the black race down?
(a) A song.
(b) A song his slave used to sing him.
(c) A phrase his dad used to say.
(d) A drum cadence.
3. In Come Out the Wilderness, where does Ruth work ?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A school.
(c) A doctor's office.
(d) An insurance company.
4. How old is the narrator's son in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
5. What does Ruth suspect about her roommate in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) Doing drugs.
(b) Spending time with other women.
(c) Eating her foods.
(d) Spending her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sonny play night and day while the teacher was gone overseas in Sonny's Blues?
2. What does the narrator not want for his son in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
3. What was the importance of the story the teacher's mom told him after his father died?
4. Where did the teacher return from when his mother died?
5. When did the attitude of the white passengers change during the narrator's last trip to America in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Sonny's Blues, why did the teacher's mother tell Sonny the story about his uncle's death?
2. Describe the narrator's last night in Paris.
3. Who feels guilty about Sonny's drug use?
4. Describe how the teacher's daughter dies.
5. In Going to Meet the Man, describe Jesse's memory from his childhood.
6. What does the narrator realize at the end of This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
7. Describe Ruth's work situation in Come Out the Wilderness.
8. What happened the last time the narrator went to America in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
9. What does te narrator fear in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
10. What was Jesse told to stop at work that day in Going to Meet the Man?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)