|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Come Out the Wilderness, who does Ruth's roommate tell her he is having lunch with?
(a) A friend.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A client.
(d) A model.
2. What does Ruth wonder about her coworkers?
(a) What they think about her.
(b) What they would do if Mr. Davis asked them out.
(c) What they think about African Americans in general.
(d) What they would think if they knew about her and her roommate.
3. Who was seen taking money from one of the girl's purses in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
4. Who takes Ruth to lunch in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) Mr. Davis.
(b) The secretaries.
(c) Ruth's mom.
(d) Ruth's roommate.
5. What suggestion does Ruth's roommate make to Ruth before he goes to lunch?
(a) That he may have to have an affair to boost his career.
(b) That he wants a break.
(c) That he cheated on her.
(d) That he replaced her with another roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth suspect about her roommate in Come Out the Wilderness?
2. In Sonny's Blues, when did the teacher's daughter die?
3. What was the narrator's last trip to America for in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon like?
4. What was Jesse told to stop while he was working earlier that day?
5. What does Ruth wonder about her roommate as she accepts her new job in Come Out the Wilderness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the last time the narrator went to America in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
2. In Going to Meet the Man, what does the memory of 8 year old Jesse allow him to do as an adult?
3. What does Ruth realize at the end of Come Out the Wilderness?
4. Describe Ruth Bowman's living situation in Come Out the Wilderness.
5. Describe where the narrator currently lives in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon.
6. Why is Jess frustrated at the beginning of Going to Meet the Man?
7. Describe Mr. Davis.
8. What does te narrator fear in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
9. In Sonny's Blues, why did the teacher's mother tell Sonny the story about his uncle's death?
10. Describe what Ruth says to the narrator in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)