|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eric's sister?
(a) In a grave.
(b) At college.
(c) In Europe.
(d) At boarding school.
2. What have children been warned about in regards to what lies across the street from the Grimes' apartment?
(a) The cave will collapse if someone enters.
(b) To only let 4 people in the treehouse at a time.
(c) Moving the rocks will cause the subway below to crash and kill people.
(d) To not play in the garden.
3. What do the boys in The Outing wait for upon arriving to their destination?
(a) To go horseback riding.
(b) Sylvia to be alone.
(c) To go canoeing.
(d) To jump off the rope swing.
4. Who did Eric's father tell Eric worked too hard?
(a) Eric's father and brother.
(c) Jamie's father and Jamie.
(d) Eric's grandfather and himself.
5. What race does Peter insist receives the worst discrimination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eric's father take Eric in his memory?
2. What does Jamie do to Eric?
3. What belongs to Eric's father?
4. What kind of relationship does the woman Peter has dinner with have with her husband?
5. Where does the boat arrive as the community scatters?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Outing, why does Gabriel get angry and feel powerless?
2. In Previous Condition, what does Peter do at the end of the story?
3. Describe what the Grimes boys do on Saturdays.
4. Who is Sylvia?
5. Why will Jamie never have children, according to Eric's father?
6. What happens to Eric at the end of The Man Child?
7. What is Eric doing when Jamie comes up to him at the end of The Man Child?
8. In The Outing, what does the church do every 4th of July and why?
9. Why does Gabriel turn his anger from Roy to John?
10. Why is John unhappy at the end of The Outing?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)