|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter go to in Harlem?
(a) A black diner.
(b) A black jazz club.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A black bar.
2. What does Jamie do to Eric?
(a) Hits him with a shovel.
(b) Breaks his neck.
(c) Breaks his arm.
(d) Shoots him.
3. In Previous Conditions, what is Peter threatened with that makes him agree to leave the apartment building?
(a) Cutting off the electricity.
(b) Law suits.
(c) Police action.
(d) Breaking and entering.
4. How long does the brother spend across the street from his apartment?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) Longer than 5 minutes.
5. Where did Eric's father take Eric in his memory?
(a) To the factory.
(b) To the treehouse.
(c) No where.
(d) On a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eric's mom send him when he arrives home for supper?
2. What exists across the street from the Grimes family?
3. Which son is not Gabriel's biological son?
4. Who is David in The Outing?
5. What happens while the brother plays across the street from his apartment in The Rockpile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sylvia?
2. Describe what the Grimes boys do on Saturdays.
3. Describe what Elizabeth fears in The Rockpile.
4. In The Outing, why does Gabriel get angry and feel powerless?
5. Describe why Eric's mother has been in the hospital.
6. Describe Ida's relationship with her husband.
7. What is Eric doing at the beginning of The Man Child?
8. Describe what Previous Condition is about.
9. Why does Gabriel turn his anger from Roy to John?
10. Why is John unhappy at the end of The Outing?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)