|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Man Child, what does Eric notice changes after Eric's mother returns home from the hospital?
(a) His father's behavior towards Jamie.
(b) His mother's behavior towards Eric.
(c) His mother's behavior towards Jamie.
(d) His mother's behavior towards his brother.
2. Who comes to Peter's door and insists on his evacuation from the apartment building?
(a) The landlady.
(c) The girl across the hall.
(d) No one.
3. When lunch begins, what does everyone eat out of in The Outing?
4. What did Eric's father buy from Jamie?
(a) Jamie's car.
(b) Jamie's house.
(c) Jamie's land.
(d) Jamie's business.
5. What does Gabriel's wife instruct John to pick up amidst Gabriel's rage?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Gabriel's lunch pail.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Peter's friend who is renting him a room?
2. Who does the author mention is specifically usually in attendance at the outing?
3. What does Jamie do to Eric?
4. Who would one day inherit the land Eric is to inherit from his father?
5. What does the pastor conduct on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eric remember about one of Jamie's birthdays?
2. What does Elizabeth instruct John to do at the end of The Rockpile?
3. Why is Peter nervous?
4. Why does David begin to feel like a sinner?
5. Why does Gabriel turn his anger from Roy to John?
6. Describe Gabriel.
7. What happens to Eric at the end of The Man Child?
8. Describe what Previous Condition is about.
9. Who is Sylvia?
10. In The Outing, what does the church do every 4th of July and why?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)