|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel's wife instruct John to pick up amidst Gabriel's rage?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) Gabriel's lunch pail.
(c) A knife.
(d) A hammer.
2. What does Eric ask his father about Jamie in his memory?
(a) If Jamie is rich.
(b) If Jamie is poor.
(c) If Jamie is sick.
(d) If Jamie will ever have a son.
3. What race does Peter insist receives the worst discrimination?
4. Who is David in The Outing?
(a) Roy and John's friend.
(b) Roy and John's cousin.
(c) Sylvia's cousin.
(d) Sylvia's boyfriend.
5. How long has Peter had a relationship with his dinner date in Previous Conditions?
(a) Several months.
(b) Several years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter buy a drink for at the end of Previous Conditions?
2. What did Eric's father tell Jamie to quit doing in Eric's memory?
3. Where does Jamie take Eric to at the end of The Man Child?
4. In The Rockpile, what happens after the boy is hit in the head?
5. What do the Grimes' boys watch every Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the children are told will happen if they play on the rockpile in The Rockpile.
2. Describe Gabriel.
3. In The Outing, why does Gabriel get angry and feel powerless?
4. In The Outing, what does the church do every 4th of July and why?
5. What does Eric remember about one of Jamie's birthdays?
6. Who is David in The Outing?
7. What does Peter realize in Harlem?
8. Why does David begin to feel like a sinner?
9. Describe what the Grimes boys do on Saturdays.
10. In Previous Condition, what does Peter do at the end of the story?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)