|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the teacher return from when his mother died?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Peace Corp.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
2. Why is Jesse frustrated at the start of Going to Meet the Man?
(a) He cannot get an erection.
(b) He is hot.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He cannot fall asleep.
3. What common bond do Ruth and Mr. Davis have?
(a) Being rich.
(b) Being avoided.
(c) Being looked over.
(d) Growing up in the American South.
4. What does Jesse want to see happen to the blacks in his community in Going to Meet the Man?
(a) To be evactuated.
(b) All of them burned.
(d) All of them lynched.
5. What does the narrator worry no one understands in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(a) His fear of rejection.
(b) His passion for Paris.
(c) His fear of discrimination.
(d) The kind of country America is.
6. Who is the narrator of This Morning, This Evening, So Soon afraid for?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
7. How does the teacher feel when he goes to the jazz club with Sonny at the end of Sonny's Blues?
(a) Like royalty.
8. Who thanks the narrator for "showing other blacks it can be done" in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(c) Ruth Ann.
9. Who is Ruth Bowman living with in Come Out the Wilderness?
10. Who does Ruth listen to talk about her boss in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) Other CEO's.
(b) Other men.
(c) The janitors.
(d) Other secretaries.
11. How old is the narrator's son in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
12. Where does the narrator take his son in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(a) To the nanny's apartment.
(b) To his mom.
(c) Downstairs to the babysitter.
(d) To daycare.
13. Which of the following was NOT part of the torture the black man underwent in Jesse's memory from Going to Meet the Man?
(c) Spit on.
(d) Chained to a tree.
14. Why has the narrator of This Morning, This Evening, So Soon been in a bad mood all day?
(a) He does not want to go out to dinner.
(b) He wants to stay at home with his son.
(c) He does not want to move back to America.
(d) He hates his sister's and wife's date nights.
15. What does Jesse tell his wife about when he can't sleep?
(a) A pig roast when he was a kid.
(b) A protest that took place that day.
(c) A protest that took place 2 days ago.
(d) A protest from when he was a kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Come Out the Wilderness, who does Ruth's roommate tell her he is having lunch with?
2. Who feels guilty for encouraging Sonny to use drugs?
3. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon where does the narrator promise to take his son before they leave for America?
4. What offer does Ruth receive at work in Come Out the Wilderness?
5. Who rings the doorbell while the narrator is showering in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)