|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels guilty for encouraging Sonny to use drugs?
(a) Sonny's ex wife.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The friend who the teacher runs into.
(d) Sonny's mom.
2. What was the narrator's last trip to America for in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon like?
(a) His sister's first birth.
(b) His father's funeral.
(c) His wife's funeral.
(d) His mother's funeral.
3. In Come Out the Wilderness, where does Ruth work ?
(a) An insurance company.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) A school.
(d) A law firm.
4. What does Ruth wonder about her roommate as she accepts her new job in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) What she will buy Paul with her extra money.
(b) How her mom will react.
(c) What Paul will think about her making more money.
(d) Where she will go on vacation with her bonus time.
5. Why is burning the black race in his community unacceptable to Jesse in Going to Meet the Man?
(a) They are people too.
(b) They would burn some white people too.
(c) It would cost too much for gasoline.
(d) It would burn the land too.
6. Who thanks the narrator for "showing other blacks it can be done" in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(a) Ruth Ann.
7. In Going to Meet the Man, what is unfortunate about the blacks in Jesse's town according to Jesse?
(a) They are moderately wealthy.
(b) They are healthy.
(c) Their homes are spread out from each other.
(d) They do not work at all.
8. In Sonny's Blues, who does the teacher not attempt to contact at the beginning of the story?
(a) His dad.
(b) His brother's ex wife.
(c) His brother, Sonny.
(d) His mom.
9. Who takes Ruth to lunch in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) Ruth's mom.
(b) Mr. Davis.
(c) Ruth's roommate.
(d) The secretaries.
10. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon what does the narrator confess to his director friend?
(a) His fear of leaving Paris.
(b) His fear of taking his son to America.
(c) His fear of losing his wife and kids.
(d) His fear of losing his artistic creativity.
11. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon where does the narrator promise to take his son before they leave for America?
(a) The playground.
(d) The park.
12. What offer does Ruth receive at work in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) To be Mr. Davis's private secretary.
(b) To move to Europe.
(c) A new office.
(d) A pay raise.
13. In Going to Meet the Man, where did Jesse and his parents go before driving back home in Jesse's memory?
(a) The local diner.
(b) Jesse's grandpas.
(c) A nearby town.
(d) Jesse's grandmas.
14. How did the teacher's daughter die?
(a) From cancer.
(b) From polio.
(c) From a heat stroke.
(d) A car accident.
15. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon who does the narrator ask to join him and his party of friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator's son in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
2. What does Sonny say heroin does for his artistic creativity?
3. Where is the narrator's sister from in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
4. What does Ruth wonder about her coworkers?
5. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon, how long has the narrator lived in his current location?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)