|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator's son in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
2. What is the teacher in Harlem reading at the beginning of Sonny's Blues?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The cereal box.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A TV report.
3. Where is the narrator's sister from in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(a) The American East.
(b) The American West.
(c) The American South.
(d) The American North.
4. Where is the narrator moving from in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
5. In Sonny's Blues, what does the teacher wonder as he lies in his bed the first night Sonny is out of prison staying with him?
(a) If he could have prevented his brother from being in this situation.
(b) If his brother really is clean.
(c) If he should search his room.
(d) If his brother will use again.
6. Where do the narrator and his friend go in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
(a) Dinner and play.
(b) Dinner and movie.
(c) Dinner and a club.
(d) Dinner and a ballet.
7. What does Ruth suspect about her roommate in Come Out the Wilderness?
(a) Eating her foods.
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Spending her money.
(d) Spending time with other women.
8. Who is Ruth Bowman living with in Come Out the Wilderness?
9. In Going to Meet the Man, where did Jesse and his parents go before driving back home in Jesse's memory?
(a) The local diner.
(b) A nearby town.
(c) Jesse's grandmas.
(d) Jesse's grandpas.
10. Where did the teacher return from when his mother died?
(a) The Peace Corp.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
11. When does the teacher write to his brother, Sonny?
(a) After his brother's ex wife dies.
(b) After he has a memory about his mother.
(c) After his own daughter dies.
(d) After their mother dies.
12. What was the narrator's last trip to America for in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon like?
(a) His wife's funeral.
(b) His mother's funeral.
(c) His sister's first birth.
(d) His father's funeral.
13. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon where does the narrator promise to take his son before they leave for America?
(a) The park.
(c) The playground.
14. What common bond do Ruth and Mr. Davis have?
(a) Being looked over.
(b) Being rich.
(c) Growing up in the American South.
(d) Being avoided.
15. Who is the other black employee at Ruth's work?
(a) Mr. Davia.
(b) Mr. David.
(c) Mr. Davis.
(d) Mr. Daves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth wonder about her coworkers?
2. Who rings the doorbell while the narrator is showering in This Morning, This Evening, So Soon?
3. In This Morning, This Evening, So Soon what does the narrator confess to his director friend?
4. How does the teacher feel when he goes to the jazz club with Sonny at the end of Sonny's Blues?
5. Who calls Ruth before her roommate does in Come Out the Wilderness?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)