|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does Eric remember in The Man Child?
(a) Christmas when he was 9.
(b) The birthday party they had for Eric's dad.
(c) Christmas when he was 8.
(d) The birthday party they had for Jamie.
2. In The Outing, who finds themselves alone during lunch?
(a) Brother Elisha and Gabriel.
(b) David and Gabriel.
(c) John and David.
(d) Gabriel and John.
3. What do the conversations deal with as conversations abound at lunch in The Outing?
(a) Everyone's meal.
(b) Everyone's souls.
(c) Everyone's jobs.
(d) Everyone's kids.
4. In Previous Conditions, what does Peter realize after he has a few drinks in Harlem?
(a) He misses home.
(b) He wants to move to Harlem.
(c) He feels at home.
(d) He does not fit in there, either.
5. In The Outing, what does Sylvia ask David?
(a) Why he is not saved.
(b) Why she has never seen him before.
(c) If he will go on a walk with her.
(d) If he will kiss her.
6. When does the annual outing occur?
(c) The 4th of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
7. Which son is not Gabriel's biological son?
(a) John and Roy.
8. Who goes to intercept Gabriel as he comes home in The Rockpile?
(c) Sister McCandless.
9. What did Eric do when his father and Jamie talked in the memory he recalls in The Man Child?
(a) Played outside.
(b) Went and had his first beer.
(c) Played in the basement.
(d) Slept on the floor.
10. What does Gabriel make a point to tell John?
(a) To behave.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To go shower.
(d) To go make him a plate of food.
11. Who ran away from Jamie according to Eric's memory?
(a) Eric's father.
(b) His ex wife.
(c) His daughter.
12. Who did Eric's father tell Eric worked too hard?
(b) Jamie's father and Jamie.
(c) Eric's grandfather and himself.
(d) Eric's father and brother.
13. Who carries the brother home in The Rockpile?
14. What happens while the brother plays across the street from his apartment in The Rockpile?
(a) The subway crashes below.
(b) The gardener yells at the boys.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) The treehouse breaks.
15. What does Eric ask his father about Jamie in his memory?
(a) If Jamie will ever have a son.
(b) If Jamie is poor.
(c) If Jamie is rich.
(d) If Jamie is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belongs to Eric's father?
2. What does Gabriel demand to know from his wife?
3. Who has an outing every summer in The Outing?
4. Where does Eric's mom send him when he arrives home for supper?
5. Why does John make a snide comment to Gabriel in The Outing?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)