|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eric's sister?
(a) In a grave.
(b) At college.
(c) In Europe.
(d) At boarding school.
2. Where do the boys go to speak to Sylvia for the first time in The Outing?
(a) On the boat.
(b) At the shore.
(c) At home.
(d) At church.
3. In The Outing, what does Sylvia ask David?
(a) Why she has never seen him before.
(b) If he will kiss her.
(c) Why he is not saved.
(d) If he will go on a walk with her.
4. How many days go by before Peter gets a visitor?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
5. What is the boy's mother concerned about when her son comes home injured?
(a) How much the doctor bill will be.
(b) What her husband will say.
(c) If he will be OK.
(d) If his vision is impaired.
6. What did Eric do when his father and Jamie talked in the memory he recalls in The Man Child?
(a) Slept on the floor.
(b) Played outside.
(c) Went and had his first beer.
(d) Played in the basement.
7. In Previous Conditions, what is Peter threatened with that makes him agree to leave the apartment building?
(a) Cutting off the electricity.
(b) Police action.
(c) Breaking and entering.
(d) Law suits.
8. Who comes to Peter's date's rescue in Previous Conditions?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The waiter.
(c) The chef.
(d) A woman at a nearby table.
9. What do the Grimes' boys watch every Saturday?
(a) Other boys play on the rockpile.
(b) Other boys play in the cave.
(c) Other boys play in the treehouse.
(d) Other boys play in the garden.
10. What does Gabriel make a point to tell John?
(a) To behave.
(b) To go make him a plate of food.
(c) To be respectful.
(d) To go shower.
11. Who does Peter buy a drink for at the end of Previous Conditions?
(a) The man across the bar.
(b) The bartender.
(d) The woman and her friend at the bar.
12. Why does John make a snide comment to Gabriel in The Outing?
(a) He is bolstered by his friends.
(b) He wants to impress his girlfriend.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is annoyed.
13. Who goes to intercept Gabriel as he comes home in The Rockpile?
(c) Sister McCandless.
14. Who decides to go join his friends one day while they play across the street from the Grimes' apartment?
15. Who is David in The Outing?
(a) Sylvia's cousin.
(b) Roy and John's cousin.
(c) Roy and John's friend.
(d) Sylvia's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eric's father tell Eric worked too hard?
2. Who comes to Peter's door and insists on his evacuation from the apartment building?
3. What happens while the brother plays across the street from his apartment in The Rockpile?
4. What does Brother Elisha go and get for Sylvia?
5. How long has Peter had a relationship with his dinner date in Previous Conditions?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)