|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gabriel tend to act with towards children?
(d) With warmth.
2. What is Eric doing at the beginning of The Man Child?
(c) Walking across the fields.
(d) Running home.
3. When does the annual outing occur?
(b) The 4th of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
4. What exists across the street from the Grimes family?
(a) A cave.
(b) A garden.
(c) A rockpile.
(d) A treehouse.
5. Why has Eric's mom recently been in the hospital?
(a) She has migraines.
(b) She is anorexic.
(c) She miscarried her second baby.
(d) She has very severe asthma.
6. What did Eric do when his father and Jamie talked in the memory he recalls in The Man Child?
(a) Played outside.
(b) Went and had his first beer.
(c) Slept on the floor.
(d) Played in the basement.
7. Where is Eric's father when he arrives home in The Man Child?
(b) The local bar.
(c) The barn.
(d) The factory.
8. What does the brother become distracted by when he goes to play with his friends across the street?
(a) A drawing of a bird.
(b) A drawing of a locomotive.
(c) A drawing of a treehouse.
(d) A drawing of a ship.
9. In Previous Conditions, what does Peter realize after he has a few drinks in Harlem?
(a) He misses home.
(b) He feels at home.
(c) He wants to move to Harlem.
(d) He does not fit in there, either.
10. What does Peter's dinner date hit him affectionately with?
(a) A fork.
(b) A napkin.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A spoon.
11. Who has seen Peter at the apartment that makes Peter becomes more nervous?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) A girl across the hall.
(c) The landlady.
(d) A few tenants.
12. Where do the boys go to speak to Sylvia for the first time in The Outing?
(a) At church.
(b) At home.
(c) At the shore.
(d) On the boat.
13. What is Gabriel's personality like?
(b) Highly religious.
14. What did Eric's father buy from Jamie?
(a) Jamie's house.
(b) Jamie's land.
(c) Jamie's business.
(d) Jamie's car.
15. Where does Jamie take Eric to at the end of The Man Child?
(a) A garden shed.
(b) A barn that does not house cows.
(c) A tool shed.
(d) The field's Eric is supposed to inherit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gabriel react to John's snide comment?
2. In The Rockpile, what happens after the boy is hit in the head?
3. What do the two characters take advantage of in their moment alone?
4. What belongs to Eric's father?
5. What body part is Eric washing as Jamie comes up to him?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)