|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the actions of Previous Conditions most likely take place?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1930s or 40s.
(d) The 1950s or 60s.
2. What does Eric ask his father about Jamie in his memory?
(a) If Jamie is sick.
(b) If Jamie is rich.
(c) If Jamie is poor.
(d) If Jamie will ever have a son.
3. Where does Peter go to in Harlem?
(a) A black jazz club.
(b) A black diner.
(c) A black bar.
(d) A restaurant.
4. How does Peter react to his dinner dates playful action?
(a) He becomes irate.
(b) He proposes to her.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He kisses her.
5. Who ran away from Jamie according to Eric's memory?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) Eric's father.
(d) His daughter.
6. Why has Eric's mom recently been in the hospital?
(a) She miscarried her second baby.
(b) She has migraines.
(c) She has very severe asthma.
(d) She is anorexic.
7. Who does Peter have dinner with after arguing with Jules in Previous Conditions?
8. What do the conversations deal with as conversations abound at lunch in The Outing?
(a) Everyone's souls.
(b) Everyone's meal.
(c) Everyone's kids.
(d) Everyone's jobs.
9. Where does Jamie take Eric to at the end of The Man Child?
(a) The field's Eric is supposed to inherit.
(b) A tool shed.
(c) A garden shed.
(d) A barn that does not house cows.
10. How does Gabriel react to John's snide comment?
(a) Disregards it.
(b) Angered, but powerless.
(c) Angered, but powerful.
(d) Addresses it by hitting John.
11. What does Gabriel demand to know from his wife?
(a) Why Roy was in the garden.
(b) Why Roy was playing in the treehouse.
(c) Why Roy was playing on the rockpile.
(d) Why Roy was not at school.
12. Who is crying in another room upon Gabriel's return home?
(a) His oldest son.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
13. Who goes to intercept Gabriel as he comes home in The Rockpile?
(d) Sister McCandless.
14. Who would one day inherit the land Eric is to inherit from his father?
(a) Jamie's wife.
(b) Eric's brother's children.
(c) Eric's children.
(d) Jamie's children.
15. What is Eric doing at the beginning of The Man Child?
(a) Walking across the fields.
(b) Running home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does the woman Peter has dinner with have with her husband?
2. Why is John unhappy at the end of The Outing?
3. What does Brother Elisha go and get for Sylvia?
4. In The Outing, what does Sylvia ask David?
5. Why does John make a snide comment to Gabriel in The Outing?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)