|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will God close his ears to on Judgment Day?
2. What does Jesus do in stanzas two and three of 'The Crucifixion'?
3. What does Moses do when he learns who is speaking to him in 'Let My People Go'?
4. How many of each item can Noah bring?
5. What article of clothing must Moses remove in 'Let My People Go'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two poems and discuss the theme in each. How does Johnson use words, actions or characters to display the theme of the poem? Are the themes in Johnson's poems similar or different?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters, either Death or Sister Caroline, from Johnson's poem 'Go Down Death.' Discuss how that character enhances the theme of the poem. How does the character react to or personify death? How does the character react to Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two poems. One poem should show God as vengeful and the other as merciful. Discuss how Johnson addresses these two sides of God. Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)