|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the veil of the temple in 'The Crucifixion'?
2. Where will the dead emerge from, according to 'The Judgment Day' ?
3. What will God close his ears to on Judgment Day?
4. How many of each item can Noah bring?
5. What does Moses ultimately end up doing in 'Let My People Go'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two titles from Johnson's book of poetry. Analyze the significance of the title in context of the poem. Why did Johnson choose this specific title? Does it suit the poem?
Essay Topic 2
At times Johnson uses the poem to speak directly to the congregation or reader. Describe the effectiveness of this method. Site two examples of where Johnson speaks directly to the reader or congregation. What message is he trying to deliver?
Essay Topic 3
In the poem 'Judgment Day' God divides people into sheep and goats. Describe each group including clothing, and their final destination. Finally describe the events of Judgment Day as written by Johnson.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)