|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material does God want Noah to use?
2. Why must Moses remove an article of clothing?
3. What does Jesus ask God before he dies in 'The Crucifixion'?
4. Where will the good "animals" go on Judgment Day?
5. Why will the angel play his instrument loudly on Judgment Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Johnson use dialect and dialogue in his poems? Site specific examples and discuss why Johnson makes the choices he does. What does it add to the poem?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two titles from Johnson's book of poetry. Analyze the significance of the title in context of the poem. Why did Johnson choose this specific title? Does it suit the poem?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters, either Death or Sister Caroline, from Johnson's poem 'Go Down Death.' Discuss how that character enhances the theme of the poem. How does the character react to or personify death? How does the character react to Jesus?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)