|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the definition of prodigal?
(a) Untruthful person.
(b) Brilliant person.
(c) Wandering person.
(d) Reckless and wasteful spender.
2. What are the women in the city like in the poem 'The Prodigal Son' ?
(a) They bring men to prayer.
(b) They lure men to sin.
(c) They are pious.
(d) They are respectful.
3. In 'Listen, Lord,' what does Johnson write that the preacher should be able to look through ?
(a) The telescope of death.
(b) The telescope of eternity.
(c) The telescope of clarity.
(d) The telescope of truth.
4. Where does Johnson say in the poem 'The Prodigal Son,' the road away from one's father lead?
(a) To heaven's gates.
(b) To freedom.
(c) To the gates of hell.
(d) Back home.
5. Who is the poem, 'Go Down Death' about?
(a) Sister Carol.
(b) Sister Caroline.
(c) Sister Nancy.
(d) Sister Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second stanza of 'The Creation' what is the only thing that God can see?
2. How does God feel about the creation of light?
3. What is missing in the city the prodigal son travels to?
4. What order does God give in 'Go Down Death'?
5. How does God feel at the end of the fourth stanza of 'The Creation'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will people know that Judgment Day arrives? Who will notify them?
2. How will God react to the cries of the sinners in the poem 'Judgment Day'?
3. In 'Noah Built the Ark,' what does Eve believe will happen if she eats fruit from the tree? Who tells her otherwise?
4. How does God feel about Sister Caroline?
5. In the poem 'Let My People Go,' why does the Pharaoh send his armies after the Hebrews? How do they escape?
6. How does God create man in the poem 'The Creation'? How does He bring man to life?
7. Who is the last righteous man on earth in the poem 'Noah Built the Ark,' and how does God reward him?
8. In the poem 'The Creation', how does God create light? How does He feel after He creates light?
9. In 'Listen, Lord', where does the preacher plea God ride past? What does he say God will be riding on?
10. How does the God describe the sinners in 'Judgment Day'? What will they wear? What animal does he refer to them as?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)