|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many actions does each stanza in 'The Creation' describe?
2. In the poem 'The Creation' what helps things to grow in stanza seven?
(d) God's footsteps.
3. In 'Listen, Lord,' what emotional position is the speaker in during the first stanza?
(a) A sad position.
(b) A powerful position.
(c) A happy position.
(d) A humble position
4. In 'The Prodigal Son,' what work did the boy do at his father's home?
(c) Field work.
(d) Cattle herding.
5. What does the first stanza of 'The Prodigal Son' claim men are lacking in combat?
(a) Power and size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does the Preacher deliver at the end of the poem, 'Go Down Death'?
2. How does God feel about the creation of light?
3. What grows in stanza seven of 'The Creation'?
4. What does the boy become in stanza eleven of 'The Prodigal Son' ?
5. What does God create in the sixth stanza of 'The Creation'?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the poem 'The Creation', how does God create light? How does He feel after He creates light?
2. How will people know that Judgment Day arrives? Who will notify them?
3. Whom does 'Listen, Lord' request blessings be delivered upon?
4. Why does God create in 'The Creation'?
5. In 'Listen, Lord', where does the preacher plea God ride past? What does he say God will be riding on?
6. What occurs during the crucifixion? What is placed in Jesus' side?
7. What does Jesus pray about at the start of 'The Crucifixion'?
8. In the poem 'The Prodigal Son,' what becomes of the son after living in Babylon?
9. How will God react to the cries of the sinners in the poem 'Judgment Day'?
10. How does the son say his new life compares to his old life in the poem 'The Prodigal Son'?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)