|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God create in the fourth stanza of 'The Creation'?
(a) The sun.
(b) The earth.
(c) The moon.
(d) The ocean.
2. In the poem 'Listen, Lord' what does the speaker want the preacher protected from?
(b) Bad weather.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The unfaithful.
3. What does God describe as "Blacker that a hundred midnights?"
(a) The swamp.
(c) The night.
(d) The sky.
4. What is the woman's reaction to the person Death takes her to meet in 'Go Down Death'?
(a) She screams.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
5. How does the preacher in 'Go Down Death' describe Death's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy in 'The Prodigal Son' compare his new life to?
2. Who does the woman meet in stanza nine of 'Go Down Death'?
3. What are the women in the city like in the poem 'The Prodigal Son' ?
4. What is 'Listen, Lord' about?
5. In 'Listen, Lord,' what does the speaker want the congregation to realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when God walks upon the earth in 'The Creation'?
2. Why does God create in 'The Creation'?
3. What question does the preacher ask his congregation at the end of the poem 'Judgment Day'?
4. How does God create man in the poem 'The Creation'? How does He bring man to life?
5. In the poem 'Judgment Day,' how does the God describe the righteous? What will they wear? What animal does he refer to them as?
6. How long do the floods last in the poem 'Noah Built the Ark'?
7. Who will God judge on Judgment Day?
8. In the poem 'The Crucifixion,' what does the preacher make sure to point out about the man that helps Jesus carry his cross?
9. Who does God send to Sister Caroline's side?
10. Describe how the congregation in 'Listen, Lord' approaches God.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)