|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first stanza of 'The Prodigal Son' claim men are lacking in combat?
(d) Power and size.
2. Where does the speaker of 'Listen, Lord' want to prevent sinners from entering?
3. What city does the boy visit in stanza eight of 'The Prodigal Son' ?
4. What are the women in the city like in the poem 'The Prodigal Son' ?
(a) They are respectful.
(b) They bring men to prayer.
(c) They are pious.
(d) They lure men to sin.
5. What is the woman's reaction to the person Death takes her to meet in 'Go Down Death'?
(a) She does nothing.
(b) She screams.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the poem, 'Go Down Death' about?
2. Why does preacher say Jesus did not name the man or his sons in 'The Prodigal Son' ?
3. Where does Death take the woman in 'Go Down Death'?
4. In the poem 'The Creation' what helps things to grow in stanza seven?
5. What does the sermon in 'Go Down Death' suggest the dead are not?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who will God judge on Judgment Day?
2. What does the preacher interject into the middle of the poem 'The Prodigal Son'?
3. In the poem 'The Creation', how does God create light? How does He feel after He creates light?
4. How does the God describe the sinners in 'Judgment Day'? What will they wear? What animal does he refer to them as?
5. Describe the form 'Listen, Lord' takes?
6. How does Sister Caroline react to seeing God?
7. What does the younger son in 'The Prodigal Son' ask his father for? What is his father's response?
8. How is Jesus dressed for the crucifixion?
9. What does God do in the poem 'Let My People Go,' in order to convince the Pharaoh to do his bidding?
10. In 'Let My People Go,' what does God ask Moses to do? What is Moses' reaction?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)