Short Essay Answer Key
1. Describe the form 'Listen, Lord' takes?
The poem 'Listen, Lord' takes the form of a prayer or a conversation with God.
2. Describe how the congregation in 'Listen, Lord' approaches God.
The congregation in 'Listen, Lord' approaches God in a powerless and humble position.
3. In 'Listen, Lord', what does the preacher describe the congregation as?
The preacher describes the congregation as empty pitchers waiting to be filled in the poem 'Listen, Lord'.
4. What does the preacher ask God to do for the sinners in the poem 'Listen, Lord'?
The preacher asks that God forgives and has mercy upon the sinners in the poem 'Listen, Lord'.
5. In 'Listen, Lord', where does the preacher plea God ride past? What does he say God will be riding on?
In 'Listen, Lord,' The preacher pleads God to ride past the gates of Hell. He...
This section contains 1,896 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)