|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Let My People Go.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does God throw the leftover light in the poem 'The Creation'?
(a) The lakes.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The sky.
(d) The earth.
2. What is the woman's reaction to the person Death takes her to meet in 'Go Down Death'?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does nothing.
3. What population of people are holding people as slaves in 'Let My People Go'?
(a) The Israelies.
(b) No one is holding anyone as slaves.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The people of Babylon.
4. Where does Death take the woman in 'Go Down Death'?
(a) To Heaven.
(b) To look at her past.
(c) To her mother.
(d) To Hell.
5. What message does the Preacher deliver at the end of the poem, 'Go Down Death'?
(a) That the woman is not dead but with Jesus.
(b) That the woman should have changed her life.
(c) That the woman is doomed to a life in Hell.
(d) That the woman is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah tell people they need to do?
2. What does the speaker request in the final stanza of 'Listen, Lord'?
3. How does the father respond to his son's request in 'The Prodigal Son.'.
4. What does the preacher ask the men of his congregation to do at the end of the poem 'The Prodigal Son' ?
5. What does Moses ultimately end up doing in 'Let My People Go'?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)