|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Let My People Go.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sermon in 'Go Down Death' suggest the dead are not?
2. In 'The Prodigal Son,' whose house does the preacher say every boy wants to leave?
(b) His mother's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His father's.
3. What does Jesus do in stanzas two and three of 'The Crucifixion'?
(a) He preaches.
(b) He prays.
(c) He eats.
(d) He cries.
4. In the poem 'Listen, Lord,' how does the speaker want the preacher to deliver the word of God?
(a) Like it should be delivered.
(b) In sign language.
(c) With enthusiasm.
5. Who calls to Moses in 'Let My People Go'?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Listen, Lord,' what does the preacher say the congregation need to be filled with?
2. Who does God say he is watching in 'Let My People Go'?
3. Which biblical story is 'The Prodigal Son' based on?
4. What is the woman's reaction to the person Death takes her to meet in 'Go Down Death'?
5. What does the speaker request in the final stanza of 'Listen, Lord'?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)