|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first blast in Onn occur?
2. In the midst of Idaho's rants and anger while talking to Moneo in the underground corridor, what does Moneo tell Idaho to do?
3. As Leto shares survival tips in the desert with Siona, what does Leto fail to convey to Siona?
4. How does Leto travel to his first meeting with Siona since her banishment?
5. What group has Leto contemplated eliminating completely?
Short Essay Questions
1. While together in Leto's small audience room, Leto tells Noree about how the Ixians once considered making a hunter-seeker type of weapon with a self-improving machine mind. According to Leto, what is the danger inherent with that idea?
2. Why is the area surrounding Leto's sunken pit strewn with cushions?
3. As Leto tests Siona, he knows his actions appear cruel from a human standpoint. In Leto's opinion, what have humans always overlooked?
4. According to Leto, what is Siona's function?
5. What happens when Siona accepts a ride from Leto and climbs onto his back?
6. After Idaho storms out of Moneo's room and away from Moneo and Noree, what does Moneo tell Noree?
7. According to Moneo, why is this Idaho more foolish than the previous Idahos?
8. Why does Leto neglect to mention to Noree that he is ordering a replacement Idaho?
9. As Siona is recovering from the spice in the desert, Leto probes the future. What does Leto learn?
10. In regard to death, how are Ixians and Atreides different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following groups in the story:
a. Face Dancers.
b. Bene Gesserit.
c. The Guild.
d. Museum Fremen.
Essay Topic 2
Leto intends for Idaho to be paired with Siona, yet Idaho finds Noree to be the more desirable woman.
a. Compare and contrast Siona and Noree. Based on these comparisons, why does Idaho desire Noree more than Siona?
b. How does Idaho's desire for Noree impact Leto's plans, if at all? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Leto admits while testing Siona that she strengthens him by opposing him and letting him sharpen his claws, so to speak, on her. Give three examples throughout the story of how this relationship is characterized by the above statement. Do you agree with Leto's statement? Why or why not?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)