|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After storming out of Moneo's room, who does Idaho encounter in the hallway?
2. As Leto and Siona stand on the balcony during their first meeting, what does Leto admit that he misses the most since his metamorphosis?
3. As Leto draws closer to becoming a sandworm, what does Leto find it harder to be?
4. As Idaho strides from the Guard mess to his citadel quarters, Idaho is angry. Why?
5. What happens in the desert after Siona tastes the spice?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Leto tests Siona, he knows his actions appear cruel from a human standpoint. In Leto's opinion, what have humans always overlooked?
2. When Idaho and Siona are in the Goygoa, Idaho asks Siona why she hates Leto so much. What is Siona's response?
3. Why is the area surrounding Leto's sunken pit strewn with cushions?
4. Noree believes the prohibition against space travel is intended to keep people out of trouble, but Leto disagrees. Why does Leto continue to prohibition against space travel?
5. According to Leto, what is Siona's function?
6. As Siona is recovering from the spice in the desert, Leto probes the future. What does Leto learn?
7. On his way to meet Siona, Leto travels in the central Sareer. What does he do on the way to his meeting?
8. Leto is enraged when the attack outside the Ixian Embassy happens. What send Leto into his rage?
9. After consuming some of the spice, how does Siona react? How is her reaction different from the reaction of earlier Atreides?
10. In regard to death, how are Ixians and Atreides different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Great Sharing is held once every ten years in Onn.
a. Describe the ceremony surrounding the Great Sharing.
b. What is the purpose of the Great Sharing?
c. Why is participation in the Great Sharing important to Leto? To the people he rules?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tleilaxu and Ix. How are these two lands regarded by Leto? What do these two lands provide for Leto? How is the story impacted by Leto's relationship with each land?
Essay Topic 3
During Leto's first interview with the new Idaho, he uses different voices as he talks to the new ghola. What voices does Leto use and why? What is the effect of the different voices on the new Idaho?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)