|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Leto refrained from eliminating the Tleilaxu?
2. According to Moneo, what are Idahos given to?
3. Who is Inmeir?
4. After leaving the Guard mess and arriving at his citadel quarters, who does Idaho find inside his chamber?
5. What group has Leto contemplated eliminating completely?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Siona is recovering from the spice in the desert, Leto probes the future. What does Leto learn?
2. As Siona is beginning to undergo her crisis in the desert, what does Leto want her to know as awareness dawns on Siona?
3. While together in Leto's small audience room, Leto tells Noree about how the Ixians once considered making a hunter-seeker type of weapon with a self-improving machine mind. According to Leto, what is the danger inherent with that idea?
4. As Leto tests Siona, he knows his actions appear cruel from a human standpoint. In Leto's opinion, what have humans always overlooked?
5. In regard to death, how are Ixians and Atreides different?
6. According to Moneo, why is this Idaho more foolish than the previous Idahos?
7. According to Leto, when do laws and prisons only work?
8. As Leto tests Siona, what does he realize about Siona?
9. Why is the area surrounding Leto's sunken pit strewn with cushions?
10. After Idaho storms out of Moneo's room and away from Moneo and Noree, what does Moneo tell Noree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During Leto's first interview with the new Idaho, he uses different voices as he talks to the new ghola. What voices does Leto use and why? What is the effect of the different voices on the new Idaho?
Essay Topic 2
The story begins describing Leto's metamorphosis.
a. Describe Leto's reasoning for choosing to undergo the metamorphosis.
b. What does he hope to gain?
c. What does he have to give up?
d. What the challenges Leto faces as a result of his metamorphosis?
e. In light of Leto's plans and hopes, was the metamorphosis worth it in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Leto and Noree. How is their relationship similar to other relationships? How is their relationship unique? Leto himself states that their marriage will not be a conventional marriage. Explain Leto's statement and use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)