|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Leto, what does the Golden Path bring?
2. Who is the commander of the plaza forces?
3. What is Siyanoq?
4. Who does Idaho remember as being his best friend?
5. What does Siona learn from the effect of the weather pattern on Leto?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Noree is reunited with Leto after the attack on the Ixian Embassy, what is Leto thankful for--besides Noree's safety?
2. When Idaho and Siona are in the Goygoa, Idaho asks Siona why she hates Leto so much. What is Siona's response?
3. Why is the area surrounding Leto's sunken pit strewn with cushions?
4. After consuming some of the spice, how does Siona react? How is her reaction different from the reaction of earlier Atreides?
5. As Siona is beginning to undergo her crisis in the desert, what does Leto want her to know as awareness dawns on Siona?
6. What is it about Noree that frightens Leto?
7. Why does Leto love dumping his body onto the sand?
8. According to Leto, when do laws and prisons only work?
9. According to Moneo, why is this Idaho more foolish than the previous Idahos?
10. Leto is enraged when the attack outside the Ixian Embassy happens. What send Leto into his rage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Great Convention bans the use of atomic weapons against human targets and bans "thinking machines." Leto, however, turns a blind eye to the technologies Ixians invent.
a. Explain why Leto's allows the Ixians to continue outlawed practices.
b. How do the Ixian inventions benefit Leto?
c. How do the Ixian inventions threaten Leto?
Essay Topic 2
The Great Sharing is held once every ten years in Onn.
a. Describe the ceremony surrounding the Great Sharing.
b. What is the purpose of the Great Sharing?
c. Why is participation in the Great Sharing important to Leto? To the people he rules?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Leto and Noree. How is their relationship similar to other relationships? How is their relationship unique? Leto himself states that their marriage will not be a conventional marriage. Explain Leto's statement and use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)