|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the weather controllers try to control the weather?
(a) The Worm hates sunlight.
(b) The Worm hates water.
(c) The Worm loves water.
(d) The Worm loves sunlight.
2. Who does Moneo serve?
(a) The Bene Gesserit.
(b) The Master Architect.
(c) The Master Worm of All.
(d) The Worm Who is God.
3. What is the purpose of Onn?
(a) To provide education for the emperor's family.
(b) To house the city's treasures.
(c) To allow public viewing of the God Emperor.
(d) To shelter the poorest of society.
4. At Leto's command, Chenoeh is withholding certain information from the people. When will this information be revealed?
(a) After Idaho has fully adjusted.
(b) At Siona's coronation ceremony.
(c) After Leto's death.
(d) At the Showing ceremony.
5. What is a Torquemada?
(a) Someone who makes a living tricking others.
(b) Someone who makes living torches out of opponents.
(c) Someone who displays tremendous strength.
(d) Someone who displays tremendous moral courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guards the new Idaho before the Imperial Guard picks him up?
2. Why does Leto deny clemency to nine historians in 2116?
3. What do the investigators include, as laid out in their report, concerning the Fish Speakers?
4. According to guild data, what can Siona conceal herself from?
5. When Leto expresses concern that the new Idaho is subdued four days into his adjustment, what does Moneo give as the reason for Idaho's subdued mood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Fish Speakers' chant of "Siaynoq" signify?
2. What is Leto's prediction about Chenoeh's future?
3. Who is Iyo Kobat and why was he banished from Arrakis?
4. What does Guild data suggest about Siona?
5. What does Leto learn about Siona during his meeting with Nayla?
6. While Nayla is in Leto's quarters giving him an update on the rebel activities, what myth does Leto confirm?
7. What does the investigators' report indicate about the Museum Fremen?
8. What is known about Atreides in relation to their relationship with the people?
9. Why does Leto insist that Chenoeh record his words about tyranny precisely?
10. Why is melange the most valuable substance known to humankind?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)