|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Siona to the meeting between Leto and Siona?
2. What happens in the desert when Siona finally asks Leto the right question?
(a) Siona and Leto become interdependent.
(b) Siona becomes dependent on Leto.
(c) Leto carries Siona back to the Citadel.
(d) Siona's metamorphosis begins.
3. Laying awake one night, Leto realizes he must take a safari journey. Where must Leto go?
(a) Into the desert.
(b) Into the past.
(c) Into the catacombs.
(d) Into the future.
4. Why does Noree suggest to Leto that the Face Dancers all be eliminated?
(a) The Face Dancers are too cruel to be human.
(b) The Face Dancers will rise and overthrow Leto.
(c) The Face Dancers are too timid to be valiant fighters.
(d) The Face Dancers represent Leto's vulnerability.
5. Why has Leto refrained from eliminating the Tleilaxu?
(a) Leto wants the Tleilaxu to accept his rule voluntarily.
(b) Leto feels that such specialists have uses.
(c) Leto feels threatened by the Tleilaxu.
(d) Leto needs their spy network.
6. As Leto and Siona stand on the balcony during their first meeting, what shocks Siona about Leto?
(a) That Leto chose as a child to forego love.
(b) That Leto chose to undergo the metamorphosis.
(c) That Leto is amazingly determined.
(d) That Leto is amazingly cold.
7. In Leto's mind, what is Leto accomplishing through his grand plan?
(a) Leto is restoring the rightful rule of sandworms.
(b) Leto is saving humankind from itself.
(c) Leto is helping Siona assume the power that is rightfully hers.
(d) Leto is ensuring the survival of the human race.
8. According to what Leto shares with Noree, how many deaths will Leto die?
9. What is Siyanoq?
(a) The sharing of a spice-infused wafer.
(b) The transformation of girls into eligible women.
(c) The rites of passage for males.
(d) The first step in the metamorphosis ritual.
10. When dawn breaks, Moneo has news that he is worried about presenting to the Worm. What is the news?
(a) That Anteac is a Mentat.
(b) That Siona has been captured.
(c) That Noree has fled.
(d) That Idaho is dead.
11. As Leto and Siona stand on the balcony during their first meeting, what does Leto admit that he misses the most since his metamorphosis?
(a) Being considered normal.
(d) Being one of humanity.
12. How does Leto travel to his first meeting with Siona since her banishment?
(a) By a 'thorse.
(b) By cart.
(c) By a secret tunnel.
(d) By a 'thopter.
13. Why do Idahos suffer from "Since Syndrome"?
(a) Idahos never remember the past.
(b) Idahos never forget.
(c) Idahos are inbred.
(d) Idahos have to be reprogrammed each time.
14. As Leto lets Siona stride ahead of him in the desert, what does Leto see about Siona?
(a) Siona has an instinct for direction.
(b) Siona doesn't look to the stars for navigation.
(c) Siona doesn't use intellect for direction.
(d) Siona navigates by feel.
15. According to Idaho, the Fish Speakers are not an army. What are they?
(a) Security consultants.
(b) A hit squad.
(c) A police force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the practice of Taquiyya?
2. As Moneo and Leto are alone in the Citadel going over wedding arrangements, what about Leto awes Moneo?
3. According to Moneo, what are Idahos given to?
4. How long does it take the Tleilaxu to produce replacement Idahos?
5. What ritual does Leto insist on performing himself at the wedding?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)