|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
2. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
3. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
4. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
Essay Topic 1
Does Vermeer love Griet? How do you know?
Essay Topic 2
What role does dissatisfaction play in the lives of the main characters in the novel? How and why is Griet dissatisfied? How does she show this?
Essay Topic 3
How does Griet break free from her family? Does she want to break free from her family? What event or action is most symbolic of Griet's separation from her family?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)