|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most important thing to Vermeer?
2. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
3. In what way are Catharina and Griet similar at the end of the novel?
4. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
5. According to Griet's mother, what did Vermeer's paintings represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the theme of competition in Girl with a Pearl Earring.
Essay Topic 2
What role does religion play in both dividing and bringing together characters? What role does religion play in creating a plot for Girl with a Pearl Earring?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Griet's hair is exposed to Vermeer? How does this one event change her so much? Why does she become so affected by it?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)