Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
2. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
3. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
4. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
Essay Topic 1
What is Griet's first impression of the Vermeers? How does the couple live up to Griet's expectation? How does Griet's first impression differ from the reader's? What are the reasons for these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the historical context of Girl with a Pearl Earring. How does the historical context cause Griet to differ as a character from a modern novel?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Griet's hair is exposed to Vermeer? How does this one event change her so much? Why does she become so affected by it?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)