|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vermeer convert to his current religion?
2. What did Pieter say that he thought would make Griet happy?
3. How much money does Griet get for the earrings?
4. Who warned Griet not to get caught between Vermeer and van Ruijven?
5. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role that one specific art piece in Girl with a Pearl Earring plays in the novel. For example, you may choose to describe the role of the crucifix painting that is disturbing to Griet.
Essay Topic 2
What does Griet's hidden hair symbolize? What happens when her hair is unleashed? Why does her hair represent sexuality?
Essay Topic 3
At what point does the novel experience a climax? How does Chevalier build up to the climax of the novel?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)