|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Griet's mother, what did Vermeer's paintings represent?
2. Who told Griet that Vermeer only saw the world as he wanted it to be?
3. Who placed the pearl earring into Griet's ear?
4. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
5. Where did Pieter the Son show up uninvited, surprising Griet and her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphorical ownership did Vermeer take over Griet?
2. How did Griet feel after Vermeer saw her hair?
3. Why did Catharina seem to fear Griet?
4. Why did Griet keep her hair hidden?
5. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
6. What does Vermeer's will say about Griet?
7. What was most important to Vermeer?
8. Did Pieter understand Griet?
9. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
10. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Griet decide to stand up for Vermeer's paintings against her family? Is she right to do so?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main differences between Griet's family's home and the Vermeers' home? What are the main differences between the members of the two families?
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important thing to Vermeer? How does the reader know?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)