Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
2. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
3. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
4. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
What does Griet's hidden hair symbolize? What happens when her hair is unleashed? Why does her hair represent sexuality?
Does Vermeer love Griet? How do you know?
Describe the role that one specific art piece in Girl with a Pearl Earring plays in the novel. For example, you may choose to describe the role of the crucifix painting that is disturbing to Griet.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)