|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pieter the Son show up uninvited, surprising Griet and her family?
2. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
3. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
4. How did Griet's family respond to Pieter's surprising them?
5. For what was Cornelia punished?
Essay Topic 1
What role do social and class differences play in creating a divide between some of the characters? How do these differences in class and social status create conflict? How do these differences lead to character development?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Griet's mother and Catharina. In what ways do they treat Griet the same? In what ways are the alike in terms of goals for their families?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the theme of competition in Girl with a Pearl Earring.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)