Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
2. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
3. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
4. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
Essay Topic 1
Who are the victims in Girl with a Pearl Earring? How might both Griet and Catharina fit into this role?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Griet decide to stand up for Vermeer's paintings against her family? Is she right to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Griet's mother and Catharina. In what ways do they treat Griet the same? In what ways are the alike in terms of goals for their families?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)