|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Griet's mother serve at dinner after church?
2. Who warned Griet not to get caught between Vermeer and van Ruijven?
3. Whom or what did Vermeer want to see one last time before he died?
4. Who told Griet that Vermeer only saw the world as he wanted it to be?
5. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Griet's hair is exposed to Vermeer? How does this one event change her so much? Why does she become so affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important thing to Vermeer? How does the reader know?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role that one specific art piece in Girl with a Pearl Earring plays in the novel. For example, you may choose to describe the role of the crucifix painting that is disturbing to Griet.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)