Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
2. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
3. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
4. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
5. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection did Griet and Vermeer have immediately?
2. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
3. What kind of pressure was Vermeer under?
4. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
5. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
6. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
7. Who was Cornelia Vermeer?
8. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
9. How did Vermeer treat Griet differently after he saw her hair?
10. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
Essay Topic 1
At what point does the novel experience a climax? How does Chevalier build up to the climax of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is Griet's first impression of the Vermeers? How does the couple live up to Griet's expectation? How does Griet's first impression differ from the reader's? What are the reasons for these differences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in both dividing and bringing together characters? What role does religion play in creating a plot for Girl with a Pearl Earring?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)