|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
2. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
3. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
4. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
5. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection did Griet and Vermeer have immediately?
2. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
3. What kind of pressure was Vermeer under?
4. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
5. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
6. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
7. Who was Cornelia Vermeer?
8. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
9. How did Vermeer treat Griet differently after he saw her hair?
10. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Griet's hair is exposed to Vermeer? How does this one event change her so much? Why does she become so affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Griet's mother and Catharina. In what ways do they treat Griet the same? In what ways are the alike in terms of goals for their families?
Essay Topic 3
Does Vermeer love Griet? How do you know?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)