|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Griet's younger sister?
2. How old was Griet's younger sister when Griet left?
3. At first, Vermeer told Griet the clouds were ____________.
4. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
5. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of Tanneke's personality was Griet moved by?
2. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
3. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
4. How did the plague affect Griet?
5. How is helplessness a theme in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
6. What role does the theme of life and death play in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
7. Who was Pieter, the butcher?
8. What connection did Griet and Vermeer have immediately?
9. Who was Van Ruijven?
10. What did Vermeer and Pieter represent to Griet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do social and class differences play in creating a divide between some of the characters? How do these differences in class and social status create conflict? How do these differences lead to character development?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main differences between Griet's family's home and the Vermeers' home? What are the main differences between the members of the two families?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the theme of competition in Girl with a Pearl Earring.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)