|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important thing to Vermeer?
2. What is the name of one of Griet's sons?
3. What color dress did van Ruijven's new maid wear?
4. Whom did Griet tell about Cornelia's plotting and scheming?
5. Whom or what did Vermeer want to see one last time before he died?
(a) The portrait of Griet.
(b) The pearl earrings.
6. What did Vermeer leave to Griet in his will?
(a) The Vermeer home.
(b) Her portrait.
(c) His painting studio.
(d) Catharina's pearl earrings.
7. Who wrestled Catharina to the ground?
8. What did Griet believe Vermeer would ask her to wear for the portrait?
(b) A wig.
(c) Catharina's dress.
(d) Pearl earrings.
9. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
10. What body part did Vermeer tell Griet she must bare?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her arms.
(d) Her feet.
11. How did Pieter act toward Griet after they have sex?
(a) He ignored her.
(b) He became angry at her.
(c) He pretended it never happened and continued courting her.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
12. When the portrait was finished, how did Griet and Vermeer both feel?
13. What was the color of the second piece of fabric for Griet's hair?
14. Whom did Van Ruijven impregnate?
(a) His wife's sister.
(b) His maid.
(d) The butcher's wife.
15. What is the name of the child who recognizes Griet from the painting?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the novel, how long has it been since Griet ran away?
2. For what was Cornelia punished?
3. How many children did the Vermeers have at the time Johannes died?
4. Griet suspected that Catharina believed which of the following about her marriage?
5. In the portrait Vermeer paints of a maid for Van Ruijven, what was the woman doing?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)