|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Griet always keep hidden?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her hair.
2. Who created a compromise for Catharina to trust that her jewelry box is safe?
3. Who began to distrust Griet with the jewelry box?
4. What caused Griet to stop missing Vermeer painfully?
(a) Her new home.
(b) Her marriage to Pieter.
(c) The birth of her second son.
(d) The birth of her first son.
5. With what did Catharina attempt to attack the painting?
(a) An axe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) Black paint.
6. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
7. What did Maria suggest to Vermeer that he paint to make more money?
(a) Use more color in the painting.
(b) Create a painting with larger subjects.
(c) Include more people in the painting.
(d) Create a landscape instead of a portrait.
8. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
(a) He made the decision to make Griet leave.
(b) He kissed Catharina in front of Griet.
(c) He threw out the portrait of Griet.
(d) He did not tell Catharina about the pearls.
9. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
(a) Her husband is giving so much attention to Griet.
(b) She has never been seen as beautiful.
(c) Griet is beautiful.
(d) The maid has worn her pearls.
10. What is the name of Griet's second son?
11. Why did Catharina consider moving Griet from the attic room?
(a) She suspects Griet and Vermeer are having an affair.
(b) The nurse is moving out.
(c) She thinks the attic is unsafe.
(d) She wants Griet to build a better relationship with Cornelia.
12. Why did Griet believe that the backlash from Catharina was not as intense as it should be?
(a) Catharina wants Griet to have an affair with Vermeer.
(b) Catharina no longer cares for her marriage.
(c) Catharina fears Griet.
(d) Catharina does not think Vermeer would ever have an affair.
13. When did Vermeer convert to his current religion?
(a) When he got married.
(b) When he was a child.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) When he had children.
14. Why couldn't Griet confide her fears in Frans?
(a) He has moved away.
(b) He is no longer speaking to Griet.
(c) He has taken an apprenticeship far away.
(d) He has run off to the sea.
15. How many children did the Vermeers have at the time Johannes died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Griet use to numb her ear?
2. What did Cornelia take from Griet's chest?
3. What is the name of one of Griet's sons?
4. What gift did Pieter often send to Griet's family?
5. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)