|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the executor of Vermeer's will?
(c) Van Leeuwenhoek.
(d) Van Ruijven.
2. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
(a) She has never been seen as beautiful.
(b) Griet is beautiful.
(c) Her husband is giving so much attention to Griet.
(d) The maid has worn her pearls.
3. What did Cornelia take from Griet's chest?
(a) A ring.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A hair comb.
(d) A paint brush.
4. Who told Catharina that Griet had been assisting Vermeer with his paintings?
5. Griet realized Catharina's hidden items were___________.
(a) Under a pile of laundry.
(b) Under Griet's bed.
(c) In Griet's chest.
(d) In Cornelia's closet.
6. Griet suspected that Catharina believed which of the following about her marriage?
(a) It is alive only through Vermeer's passion.
(b) It is alive only because of her mother's strength.
(c) It is holding on by a thin thread.
(d) It is strong.
7. What item did Cornelia suggest that Catharina wear?
8. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
(a) They are not religious.
(b) They are Christian.
(c) They are Protestant.
(d) They are Catholic.
9. What did Griet use to numb her ear?
(a) Clove oil
(b) Cold meat.
(d) Lavender oil.
10. What was the color of the second piece of fabric for Griet's hair?
11. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
(a) He kissed Catharina in front of Griet.
(b) He did not tell Catharina about the pearls.
(c) He made the decision to make Griet leave.
(d) He threw out the portrait of Griet.
12. For what was Cornelia punished?
(c) Hitting Griet.
(d) Talking back to her mother.
13. How much do the Vermeers owe Pieter?
(a) 15 guilders.
(b) 20 guilders.
(c) 10 guilders.
(d) 25 guilders.
14. In the portrait Vermeer paints of a maid for Van Ruijven, what was the woman doing?
(a) Drinking wine.
(c) Feeding animals.
(d) Sitting and writing.
15. To Griet, who was the person who has seen her most exposed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Griet determine was missing from her portrait?
2. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
3. When the portrait was finished, how did Griet and Vermeer both feel?
4. What did Maria suggest to Vermeer that he paint to make more money?
5. What did Griet smell like when her parents become suspicious?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)