|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Griet, who was the person who has seen her most exposed?
2. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
(a) They are Catholic.
(b) They are Christian.
(c) They are Protestant.
(d) They are not religious.
3. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
4. What scene finalized Vermeer's metaphorical ownership of Griet?
(a) He sees her hair.
(b) He changes the color of her head dress.
(c) He pushes the earring into her ear.
(d) He finishes the painting.
5. What did Vermeer leave to Griet in his will?
(a) His painting studio.
(b) The Vermeer home.
(c) Catharina's pearl earrings.
(d) Her portrait.
6. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
7. How did Vermeer feel about Griet posing for a picture for van Ruijven?
(a) He likes the idea but does not agree to do it.
(b) He does not like the idea but agrees to do it.
(c) He likes the idea and agrees to do it.
(d) He does not like the idea and refuses to do it.
8. How did Pieter act toward Griet after they have sex?
(a) He ignored her.
(b) He pretended it never happened and continued courting her.
(c) He wanted to marry her.
(d) He became angry at her.
9. What was the color of the second piece of fabric for Griet's hair?
10. How did Griet feel when Pieter met her family?
11. What is the name of the child who recognizes Griet from the painting?
12. What did Cornelia take from Griet's chest?
(a) A paint brush.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hair comb.
13. Who told Catharina that Griet had been assisting Vermeer with his paintings?
14. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
(a) A shop at the market.
(b) Catharina's home.
(c) Butcher stall.
(d) Her own home.
15. Which member of the Vermeer household has requested for Tanneke to bring Griet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
2. For what was Cornelia punished?
3. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
4. What item caused Griet to understand that Vermeer did not love her?
5. Who is the executor of Vermeer's will?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)