|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created a compromise for Catharina to trust that her jewelry box is safe?
2. Who wrestled Catharina to the ground?
3. How many months before Tanneke approaches Griet did she hear that Vermeer had died?
(a) Nine months earlier.
(b) Four months earlier.
(c) Eight months earlier.
(d) Two months earlier.
4. What did Vermeer leave to Griet in his will?
(a) His painting studio.
(b) Catharina's pearl earrings.
(c) The Vermeer home.
(d) Her portrait.
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
(c) Van Ruijven.
6. When Vermeer worked on Griet's portrait, how many others was he also working on?
7. At the end of the novel, how long has it been since Griet ran away?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
8. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
(a) Butcher shop.
(c) Griet's family's home.
(d) Vermeer's studio.
9. How many children did the Vermeers have at the time Johannes died?
10. What was the color of one of the pieces of fabric Vermeer gave Griet to cover her hair in?
11. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
(a) The maid has worn her pearls.
(b) Griet is beautiful.
(c) She has never been seen as beautiful.
(d) Her husband is giving so much attention to Griet.
12. Who placed the pearl earring into Griet's ear?
13. What color dress did van Ruijven's new maid wear?
14. How did Griet's family respond to Pieter's surprising them?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They do not notice him.
(c) They are welcoming.
(d) They are embarrassed.
15. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child who recognizes Griet from the painting?
2. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
3. For what was Cornelia punished?
4. What event was Vermeer emotionally torn about?
5. Whom or what did Vermeer want to see one last time before he died?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)