|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beat Cornelia?
2. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
(b) Van Ruijven.
3. How much do the Vermeers owe Pieter?
(a) 25 guilders.
(b) 15 guilders.
(c) 20 guilders.
(d) 10 guilders.
4. What is the name of Griet's second son?
5. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
(a) Vermeer's studio.
(c) Griet's family's home.
(d) Butcher shop.
6. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
(a) They are Catholic.
(b) They are Protestant.
(c) They are Christian.
(d) They are not religious.
7. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
8. What color is the mantle that Catharina wears?
9. How did Vermeer feel about Griet posing for a picture for van Ruijven?
(a) He likes the idea and agrees to do it.
(b) He does not like the idea but agrees to do it.
(c) He does not like the idea and refuses to do it.
(d) He likes the idea but does not agree to do it.
10. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
11. How did Griet feel when Pieter met her family?
12. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
13. What item did Cornelia suggest that Catharina wear?
14. In the portrait Vermeer paints of a maid for Van Ruijven, what was the woman doing?
(a) Feeding animals.
(b) Drinking wine.
(d) Sitting and writing.
15. Where did Griet and Peter first kiss?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vermeer worked on Griet's portrait, how many others was he also working on?
2. What did Griet's mother serve at dinner after church?
3. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
4. Whom did Griet tell about Cornelia's plotting and scheming?
5. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)