|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Griet stand in for as a model?
(a) Van Ruijven's wife.
(b) Van Ruijven.
(d) Van Ruijven's maid.
2. Where did Pieter the Son show up uninvited, surprising Griet and her family?
(a) The market.
(b) The Vermeer home.
(d) The river.
3. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
(c) Van Ruijven.
4. With what did Catharina attempt to attack the painting?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) Black paint.
5. Who wrestled Catharina to the ground?
6. When Vermeer worked on Griet's portrait, how many others was he also working on?
7. What is the name of the child who recognizes Griet from the painting?
8. Who warned Griet not to get caught between Vermeer and van Ruijven?
(a) Van Leeuwenhoek.
(c) Griet's mother.
9. Griet realized Catharina's hidden items were___________.
(a) Under a pile of laundry.
(b) Under Griet's bed.
(c) In Cornelia's closet.
(d) In Griet's chest.
10. What is the name of Griet's second son?
11. What gift did Pieter often send to Griet's family?
12. What problem did Vermeer have with Griet?
(a) He can't find the right lighting for her face.
(b) He can't find the right pose for her.
(c) He can't find a good hairstyle for her.
(d) He can't find the right color for her clothing.
13. How much do the Vermeers owe Pieter?
(a) 25 guilders.
(b) 10 guilders.
(c) 15 guilders.
(d) 20 guilders.
14. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
(a) Vermeer's studio.
(b) Butcher shop.
(d) Griet's family's home.
15. When did Vermeer convert to his current religion?
(a) When he had children.
(b) When his mother died.
(c) When he was a child.
(d) When he got married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would be in the portrait with Griet for van Ruijven?
2. Which member of the Vermeer household has requested for Tanneke to bring Griet?
3. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
4. What did Pieter say that he thought would make Griet happy?
5. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)