|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Griet feel when Pieter met her family?
2. What did Griet smell like when her parents become suspicious?
(b) Linseed oil.
3. Which item was symbolic of Griet's fear of sexuality?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Vermeer's paintings.
(c) Her skirts.
(d) Her hair.
4. What did Griet do after Catharina tried to attack the painting?
(a) She ran away from the house.
(b) She locked herself in the studio.
(c) She hid in the attic.
(d) She considered killing herself and then hides.
5. With what did Catharina attempt to attack the painting?
(a) Black paint.
(b) A knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) A glass of water.
6. How many months before Tanneke approaches Griet did she hear that Vermeer had died?
(a) Nine months earlier.
(b) Two months earlier.
(c) Four months earlier.
(d) Eight months earlier.
7. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
8. What item did Cornelia suggest that Catharina wear?
9. How much money does Griet get for the earrings?
(a) 40 guilders.
(b) 30 guilders.
(c) 10 guilders.
(d) 20 guilders.
10. In what way was Pieter impatient with Griet?
11. What was the color of the second piece of fabric for Griet's hair?
12. What did Maria suggest to Vermeer that he paint to make more money?
(a) Use more color in the painting.
(b) Create a landscape instead of a portrait.
(c) Create a painting with larger subjects.
(d) Include more people in the painting.
13. At the end of the novel, how long has it been since Griet ran away?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
14. How much do the Vermeers owe Pieter?
(a) 15 guilders.
(b) 10 guilders.
(c) 20 guilders.
(d) 25 guilders.
15. How did Vermeer feel about Griet posing for a picture for van Ruijven?
(a) He does not like the idea but agrees to do it.
(b) He does not like the idea and refuses to do it.
(c) He likes the idea and agrees to do it.
(d) He likes the idea but does not agree to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
2. Who told Griet that Vermeer only saw the world as he wanted it to be?
3. Why did Catharina consider moving Griet from the attic room?
4. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
5. What did Vermeer leave to Griet in his will?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)