1. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
2. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
(a) Washing laundry.
(b) Feeding farm animals.
(c) Chopping vegetables.
(d) Watching after children.
3. What was Griet able to tell about the visitors just from the timbre of their voices?
(a) They are rich.
(b) They are sympathetic to her plight.
(c) They are intelligent.
(d) They are mean.
4. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
(a) She notices but ignores it.
(b) She does not seem to notice.
(c) She seems relieved.
(d) She is annoyed.
5. What job did Griet's father do?
(c) Tile painter.
6. What room was Griet to be in charge of cleaning without appearing to have moved anything?
(a) Vermeer's studio.
(b) Children's room.
7. Who was Griet's younger sister?
8. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(a) Art studio.
(d) Tile factory.
This section contains 3,867 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)