1664, Pages 3 - 24
• The Vermeers were a rich couple that came to hire Griet as a maid to clean Vermeer's studio in a way so that Vermeer could not tell she has moved anything.
• Griet had to work to make money for the family because her father lost his eyes and could no longer provide.
• Griet arrived at the Vermeer home and was treated badly by the head maid Tannke and the daughter Cornelia.
1664, Pages 24 - 51
• Griet went to the butcher and met Pieter and Pieter the Son.
• Griet had a hard time falling asleep in the Vermeer home, especially with the crucifix paintings in view of her bed.
• Griet did a satisfactory job cleaning Vermeer's studio and was able to visit her home once, after which she felt guilty.
1664, Pages 51 - 73
• The Vermeers were short on money so Catharina told Vermeer to paint faster.
• Griet felt at home...
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)